New Test Track open for 6 months and still not working anywhere near 100%

Figments Friend

I feel guests wanting the experience the whole attraction should have to wait in the standby line.

True, for someone in the Fast Pass or Single Rider line, it would seem that they would be more interested in getting on the attraction right away and not so much interested in the offerings in the main queue.

I know once i considered waiting 40 minutes in the Standby JUST to try the *real* Design Stations, but then i came to my senses and decided not to.

So this is a fair reason as to why there was a difference between the queues.

Adam5897

I still say this was the worst remake of an attraction. The ride makes no sense anymore, the whole thing is blue and the Tron theme is lame. Making your own car is pointless as it has no bearing on the ride itself. You could just as easily get a rating on your vehicle as your making it like in any racing video game, yet they give you a rating after the ride as if it somehow alters your cars rating.

The old version was much more cohesive and was easily understandable. You knew exactly what you were doing and why.

To me this was definitely a step down and hurts a park with so few attractions as it is.

That was probably your attitude going into it before you even went on the ride. Have an open mind and actually try to understand the story and why what happens for a reason instead of taking the easy option and completely disregarding the whole thing together just because you liked the first version. I wasn't excited about the redo but through trying to understand the ride and putting all my thoughts aside when I experienced It for the first time I was amazed and it is now my favorite ride in all of WDW which has been space mountain for forever and I never thought it would be anything else. And what is so hard to understand about it? It is the same exact story line a TT 1.0 except its a virtual test in a computer. Like someone said earlier right when you go through the portal it clearly says "welcome to the sim track" not "welcome to the tron track" If you actually listened the tests that were being done were clearly said and It made perfect sense. The one thing that is confusing is the outside track transition otherwise you are just stubborn and refuse to accept or try to understand something that you don't want to. You know if someone says its themed to tron they have no clue what they are talking about.

Clever Name

That was probably your attitude going into it before you even went on the ride. Have an open mind and actually try to understand the story and why what happens for a reason instead of taking the easy option and completely disregarding the whole thing together just because you liked the first version. I wasn't excited about the redo but through trying to understand the ride and putting all my thoughts aside when I experienced It for the first time I was amazed and it is now my favorite ride in all of WDW which has been space mountain for forever and I never thought it would be anything else. And what is so hard to understand about it? It is the same exact story line a TT 1.0 except its a virtual test in a computer. Like someone said earlier right when you go through the portal it clearly says "welcome to the sim track" not "welcome to the tron track" If you actually listened the tests that were being done were clearly said and It made perfect sense. The one thing that is confusing is the outside track transition otherwise you are just stubborn and refuse to accept or try to understand something that you don't want to. You know if someone says its themed to tron they have no clue what they are talking about.
You're right. I think people should feel the same way about Journey into Imagination with Figment.

Adam5897

I will only say this. Don't judge the attraction until you actually experience it. Just because some feel it's worse and don't like it doesn't mean you won't. Aesthetically I find it much more enjoyable than the original but that is my opinion.
I completely agree with what your saying. People rely on what others think most of the time because they can't think for themselves. I just completely ignored what everyone said until I tried it for myself and I love it!

nicknick553

Went on it today and ALL effects were working including post-show. The cars all loaded to the ride vehicle, the screens displayed the correct cars in sync with us passing, the onboard displays were working and the onboard audio. Post show pictures loaded right up, cars loaded onto the giant wall, commercial maker, racing "game", and the extra photo areas all worked perfectly. Maybe Disney got the message? Or was this somehow just amazing luck that everything was working perfectly? Well minus the "line issues" which I don't see as a major problem yet

Sped2424

Went on it today and ALL effects were working including post-show. The cars all loaded to the ride vehicle, the screens displayed the correct cars in sync with us passing, the onboard displays were working and the onboard audio. Post show pictures loaded right up, cars loaded onto the giant wall, commercial maker, racing "game", and the extra photo areas all worked perfectly. Maybe Disney got the message? Or was this somehow just amazing luck that everything was working perfectly? Well minus the "line issues" which I don't see as a major problem yet
Well what people tend to forget is how certain things can go down for rides very easily and be fixed relativity quick or within the next few days, rode pirates once and the projections were all down from black beard to the mermaids, rode it again 2 hours later and everything was working just fine. So when certain effects are down most of the time its not forever most of the time.

Furiated

You wouldn't hear the music on the outdoor section...that's absurd.....50-60 mph outside in a stripped down convertible? You think without it being really cranked up that you would hear it and if they did that, the sound would be a disruption to the other parts of FW.

There's audio on the outdoor part of RSR that works just fine and doesn't bleed into other parts of Cars Land.

dsdmbU2

We went in Jan. and had many of the same problems as others. We rode it 3 times and certain things worked and didn't work one ride then other things worked and didn't work the next. The most frustrating was taking all that time designing and then the upload not taking in the loading area. Looking forward to trying again in July. A friend of mine who is still down there rode it yesterday and said they designed a car and ended up with a truck.

t3techcom18

The design studio time changes based on the length of the line queue. We rode a handful of times in December when it first opened. The first time we got about 15 minutes to design our car, it took forever. But when we got out, the line came right down to the design studio. Another time, we got about 4 minutes to design our car. Upon exiting we nearly walked on the ride.

There were definitely issues. Sad to see they still have them. Hopefully they're corrected.

The Design Studios have been reprogrammed and are now set to 4 minutes and are like that 3/4 of the time now, barring any delays.

Most likely just crazy random happenstance. It definitely all works but to have it work all in tandem is the issue. If you see it in action, consider yourself lucky.
You wouldn't hear the music on the outdoor section...that's absurd.....50-60 mph outside in a stripped down convertible? You think without it being really cranked up that you would hear it and if they did that, the sound would be a disruption to the other parts of FW.
As Martin said, all the sound effects come from the speakers already in the car. You'd be surprised as to how much sound effects were also played in the car's speakers during that scene in particular.
Much of these issues with having no soundtrack/more speakers putting in sound effects could've been prevented by putting in the new versions of the vehicles from RSR BUT that's a different story.

spacemt354

Chili's
Yeah but it's right at the beginning and you are barely going 20 mph. IMO it would be a huge difference @ 60mph.

Rock n Roller Coaster goes 60 mph and I can hear the music. And even in TT1.0 when you are picking up speed for the final turn, you can hear "Push it, harder" and "You got it" even though the video recorder is picking up most of the wind. In person you could have heard it even more crisp.

Oddysey

I could only imagine the complaints if the original version of TT was 2.0 and it had been upgraded to TT1.0. The complaints would likely be that there are no more interactive elements, it does not fit the FW theme, it has a very industrial feeling, it seems much tamer, who wants to be a crash dummy, it looks like a giant warehouse inside with no attention to detail, the on board screens only work half of the time or are fuzzy, why did they get rid of the future city model and where did they store it. It seems that future world is increasingly becoming discovery world. etc. etc. etc.

Epcot's FW has increasingly become a thematic mess for the last decade or more, and this has been pointed out by many members of this forum for a long time. I for one am glad that Disney has taken a step toward bringing at least one attraction back into the FW theme instead of ignoring it. It may not work perfect all the time, but TT1.0 did not either and there were less moving parts. Although the ride is not perfect I think it is a step in the right direction.

Oddysey

Hardly anyone here is a fan of interactive elements, so this one is unlikely.

This may be true, but if something was there originally and then taken away it seems to bother most people because they percieve to have lost something. An interactive element that is often remembered fondly on this forum is the one implemented at the end of Horizons. It is probably remembered so fondly in part because it was taken away from us. A similar element was added to SSE and most people including me dread it. I think the SSE version is much more silly when compared to the Horizons version, but in many respects the execution is similar. The reason I think I dislike the interactive elements in SSE is because I lost the "inspiring" 94' descent show set and score.

Goofyernmost

I could only imagine the complaints if the original version of TT was 2.0 and it had been upgraded to TT1.0. The complaints would likely be that there are no more interactive elements, it does not fit the FW theme, it has a very industrial feeling, it seems much tamer, who wants to be a crash dummy, it looks like a giant warehouse inside with no attention to detail, the on board screens only work half of the time or are fuzzy, why did they get rid of the future city model and where did they store it. It seems that future world is increasingly becoming discovery world. etc. etc. etc.

Epcot's FW has increasingly become a thematic mess for the last decade or more, and this has been pointed out by many members of this forum for a long time. I for one am glad that Disney has taken a step toward bringing at least one attraction back into the FW theme instead of ignoring it. It may not work perfect all the time, but TT1.0 did not either and there were less moving parts. Although the ride is not perfect I think it is a step in the right direction.

I'm not sure about what you are asking (underlined). Future City model has never to my knowledge ever been in Epcot. It's been on the People Mover ride in MK for as long as I can remember. It's still there, but, last I heard it was under refurb, which it surely needed.

Oddysey

I'm not sure about what you are asking (underlined). Future City model has never to my knowledge ever been in Epcot. It's been on the People Mover ride in MK for as long as I can remember. It's still there, but, last I heard it was under refurb, which it surely needed.

There is a small model of a futuristic city in TT 2.0, and is not to be confused with Walt Disney's model of Epcot that is displayed in the TTA. BTW, it is no longer under refurb and has resumed its rightful position in the TTA. SSE 94' once had a future city model (descent) that many have clamoured they wish would be brought back to replace the star curtains. This is also not to be confused with Walt's model for the future. WoM also had a future city model at the conclusion of the ride. Like the SSE and TT 2.0 models this is not to be confused with THE ONE AND ONLY MODEL OF A FUTURE CITY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom