New (Temporaryish) Locations for Characters

mm52200

Original Poster
So is anyone going to see Mickey, Minnie, the Princesses, Tinkerbell and the fairies and their new locations today? If so please post photos! I'm interested to see if attempted to do anything in the Adventureland Veranda to re theme it and also what the Pixie Hollow area looks like.

mm52200

Original Poster
Great pics! For the Fairies do you have to get in line for the regular Character Spot chracters or is there a separate line?

JafarMaleficent

Just saw mickey and minnie by spalsh. We didn't wait in line but we saw them from the train. I liked the outfit it is nice. And the parks are extremly packed.

Cmdr_Crimson

Fairies are meeting in Epcot at the exit of the Character Spot..

NOOO!!! They are killing my favorite spot of Innoventions west...I was wondering what those Flower things were for...That area is going to be soooo packed with people.....Grrrr!:fork: It was so nice and quiet on that side I'd sit there and listen to my favorite loop without people running around..
I say throw them by Odysee that way the characters are spread out better...

NASAMan

I retweeted some photos of the temporary M&G locations. www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Fairies are meeting in Epcot at the exit of the Character Spot. Mickey met in 3 different places with 3 different costumes at the MK today. Princesses are in Verandah.

To offer a correction, Mickey is doing his visits in Tomorrowland, but you may see him pop up during the day in the Hall of Presidents in his colonial costume or by the Splash Mountain exit in his western duds. There is, of course, only one Mickey Mouse. But he sure does get around!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
To offer a correction, Mickey is doing his visits in Tomorrowland, but you may see him pop up during the day in the Hall of Presidents in his colonial costume or by the Splash Mountain exit in his western duds. There is, of course, only one Mickey Mouse. But he sure does get around!

It sort of surprises me they are putting Mickey out in so many areas at the same time. I thought there were rules about this sort of thing to keep kids from figuring out the truth about Mickey and his many, many friends. I do like that there is a diversity in his outfits.

I also read on another site that Tiana and Naveen were out in Epcot Future World today. I really don't understand that one. Doesn't Tiana have her own gazebo in MK? I think I also saw that Belle was wandering Future World as well. Seems odd. Usually they keep her over in France. I guess maybe she's feeling kind of lost ever since Rapunzel evicted her from the MK. :shrug:

RAXIP

I also read on another site that Tiana and Naveen were out in Epcot Future World today. I really don't understand that one. Doesn't Tiana have her own gazebo in MK? I think I also saw that Belle was wandering Future World as well. Seems odd. Usually they keep her over in France. I guess maybe she's feeling kind of lost ever since Rapunzel evicted her from the MK. :shrug:

Training

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It sort of surprises me they are putting Mickey out in so many areas at the same time. I thought there were rules about this sort of thing to keep kids from figuring out the truth about Mickey and his many, many friends. I do like that there is a diversity in his outfits.

My first thought too was that it was "risky" having Mickey out in so many areas at once.

I hope I get to see him in his colonial outfit next week. I'd love a picture of him dressed like that.

Wilt Dasney

I like giving Mickey the run of the place and having him pop up all over the park, instead of chaining him down in the Judge's Tent. It adds to the sense that all of Disney World (or at least MK) is his realm.

I'm guessing all this will change again when the Main St. M&G opens. For now, it's a nice nod toward spontaneity (or at least the illusion of it), and a time when character interactions felt more organic.

If I were king of the forest, I'd make this the norm.

ms7479a

Tinkerbell's location in Innoventions West by the Character Spot is just temporary until her permanent meet and greet location (by Mouse Gear) is ready.

Also, I really like the idea of having Mickey appear in multiple locations throughout the day. Does anyone know if his apperances in Liberty Square and Frontierland are listed in the times guide or are they just random?

My first thought too was that it was "risky" having Mickey out in so many areas at once.

I hope I get to see him in his colonial outfit next week. I'd love a picture of him dressed like that.

Are we sure he is in the same place at the same time? Or is he just appearing for short periods in many places?

mharrington

So does proper theme not mean a thing to Disney anymore? I mean, you got Mickey and Minnie in Tomorrowland, where they don't really fit. And you got the princesses in Adventureland, where they DEFINITELY don't fit. What's next? Putting Woody in Tomorrowland and Buzz Lightyear in Frontierland?

mm52200

Original Poster
So does proper theme not mean a thing to Disney anymore? I mean, you got Mickey and Minnie in Tomorrowland, where they don't really fit. And you got the princesses in Adventureland, where they DEFINITELY don't fit. What's next? Putting Woody in Tomorrowland and Buzz Lightyear in Frontierland?

Mickey, Minnie, and the Princesses locations are all until Exposition Hall is ready for them to move in there. So I say if it's temporary it's all right with them being there. Also I've seen pictures before of Mickey and Minnie in DL's Tommorrowland in their regular outfits, where's the uproar in that? I don't see anything really wrong with them being there, while it'd be nice if they had some costumes to match the theme better it isn't that bad. Mickey and the gang already appear in Future World in their regular clothes, what do they have to do with the future anymore in Epcot than in MK. The princesses are a bit of a stretch but they are inside so I'm sure unless you're looking for them I doubt you would know they are there. So when Exposition Hall is ready for the characters, all will be right in the world again.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Mickey Mouse can go wherever he wants to. It's his park.

I see no reason why not.

Adventureland represents any exotic locale.

Jasmine, Mulan, and Pocohantas all haven exotic tie-in's thereby the whole Princess franchise.

mharrington

I see no reason why not.

Jasmine, Mulan, and Pocohantas all haven exotic tie-in's thereby the whole Princess franchise.

But what about Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora and Belle? Fantasyland is not exotic in the same sense as Adventureland.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
But what about Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora and Belle? Fantasyland is not exotic in the same sense as Adventureland.
You can pick anything apart if you try hard enough.

I see no reason why not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom