News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoarderPhreak

If you seriously need to bring this $390 monstrosity to the park, you're doing it wrong. And quite possibly showing off. I hope somebody steals it. 😏

grey1_1.png

ImperfectPixie

In all seriousness though...when did stroller manufacturers suddenly decide that strollers need to be the size of a Cadillac Escalade? We had our boys 5 years apart so we were using strollers for what felt like forever and after that one mistake with the double, we ALWAYS looked for the most compact stroller we could find.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If you seriously need to bring this $390 monstrosity to the park, you're doing it wrong. And quite possibly showing off. I hope somebody steals it. 😏

grey1_1.png

Now see, it has the same swivel wheels for maneuverability that traditional strollers have. And it has front passenger bumper cushion!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In all seriousness though...when did stroller manufacturers suddenly decide that strollers need to be the size of a Cadillac Escalade? We had our boys 5 years apart so we were using strollers for what felt like forever and after that one mistake with the double, we ALWAYS looked for the most compact stroller we could find.

Again... same or smaller footprint than strollers. The difference is that it's as tall as a stroller, too, but it's as tall all the way around rather than just at the push handle.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

grey1_1.png
A real review from Amazon.com... "Let me start with I’ve never written a product review before, I also agonized over spending $350 on a wagon: I’m mom’n so hard hard right now - it’s seriously amazing! I’m taking them to the zoo next week just to take the wagon out! I’m in love. "

That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

ImperfectPixie

A real review from Amazon.com... "Let me start with I’ve never written a product review before, I also agonized over spending $350 on a wagon: dudes, I’m mom’n so hard hard right now - it’s seriously amazing! I’m taking them to the zoo next week just to take the wagon out! I’m in love. "

Yep. Good luck with that thing over uneven surfaces. At a mall? ABSOLUTELY. But over pavers or brick...nope.

EDIT: And let's not forget the sunken tracks in Main Street...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I knew I would get a reaction to my not bringing toddlers comment and I wasn't being 100% serious (really!)

I think the bigger problem is just too many guests are in the parks, specifically MK, overall and it's just causing a number of issues.

People complain that Disney keeps raising prices, but the crowds aren't going away.

Goofyernmost

We use our strollers responsibly. I side eye check my 9 and 3 to make sure I'm not cutting anyone off. I do my absolute best to stay at least 1 1/2 feet away from the person in front of me. If you're getting banged into by someone with a stroller, it's not us.

To suggest people not bring their kids into the parks until a certain age is asinine at best. My two little ones are going on 3 & 2 and have been going since they were both 6 weeks old. They know every single part of HEA and every bit of each attraction and ride we take them on. Nah, I'll take my kid's memories over your "inconvenience of my strollers being there" any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Like anything else it is a personal decision. You are correct if you are referring to the people that are demanding that strollers be banned leaving nothing for smaller children or demanding that scooters be banned leaving very undesirable options for mildly handicapped individuals. If bringing younger kids is something that you enjoy, that is great. I wouldn't have done it, but, that is just me. If and when I get to go again, I, in all likeliness need to use a scooter. I will get off it and a group of people will decide that because I can walk short distances with no obvious problems that I am just fat and lazy. Just proves how wrong people can be.

BoarderPhreak

I knew I would get a reaction to my not bringing toddlers comment and I wasn't being 100% serious (really!)
Troll! Troll! 😛

I think the bigger problem is just too many guests are in the parks, specifically MK, overall and it's just causing a number of issues.

People complain that Disney keeps raising prices, but the crowds aren't going away.
Well see, that's just it, isn't it? Too many people. But the stroller problem is real too - and scales along with the number of people. I'd love to see an experiment where all strollers were banned for a day - just to see how the park "felt" crowd-wise (all other things being equal). I suspect that all these strollers really add up, be they on the pathways or parked. And that brings us full circle to Disney's supposed "enforcement" of the policy.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
A real review from Amazon.com... "Let me start with I’ve never written a product review before, I also agonized over spending $350 on a wagon: I’m mom’n so hard hard right now - it’s seriously amazing! I’m taking them to the zoo next week just to take the wagon out! I’m in love. "

Anecdotes are fun. Here’s a couple more:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We use our strollers responsibly. I side eye check my 9 and 3 to make sure I'm not cutting anyone off. I do my absolute best to stay at least 1 1/2 feet away from the person in front of me. If you're getting banged into by someone with a stroller, it's not us.

To suggest people not bring their kids into the parks until a certain age is asinine at best. My two little ones are going on 3 & 2 and have been going since they were both 6 weeks old. They know every single part of HEA and every bit of each attraction and ride we take them on. Nah, I'll take my kid's memories over your "inconvenience of my strollers being there" any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Not bringing kids to parks is just not a reasonable suggestion. We brought ours at 8 weeks and 1 year. Great family time.

But it can be done reasonably and without being intrusive. My infant molded well into an umbrella stroller. My son almost 5 we rented when needed the old blue and chrome. They survived in small strollers at least a dozen trips. No monstrosities on Disney transportation. IMO it is the parents that need big and better not the wee ones.

BoarderPhreak

$390 and it still comes with plastic "tires." 🤣

Seriously? I spent $75 for a Chicco "umbrella stroller" (it collapses into essentially a fat umbrella footprint) and comes with a travel bag and a strap that I can wear over my shoulder. It's bright orange, so you can find it. It weighs next to nothing and you can get on/off the bus with a flick of your foot. Okay, it's for a single child... But how much more do you really need?

bf23e097-5bb3-4fcf-a6ac-36f12920dd17_1.15b6d5288cd1ee944ad94ec96f463e2f.jpeg

love disney

Just ban strollers as well. The stroller parks are an eyesore that take up so much of the (limited) walking paths.

It would make for a much better guest experience overall. Yes, parents, you can hold off until you toddlers can walk. My family waited and it was a great trip.

My youngest will never be able to walk due to her severe disability and she is too small for a wheel chair. Are you saying she has no right to go to WDW?!?

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I have never seen this "stroller" brand at the parks.

When I was at WDW around Christmas, I do not remember noticing these. That’s not to say there weren’t any at all, but these are, for now, unique and hard to miss.

I went a week ago, and there were quite a few. I’m wondering if a stroller rental company is pushing the Keenz (pun intended).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom