News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljransom

Oh, I forgot to add that to my list of Disney's crimes. I used a scooter one year - over Christmas week - after slipping on the ice and wrecking my knee right before the trip. I'm sure my knee would have been stronger if my folks had me walk instead of using a stroller!

In all seriousness, I'm glad Disney is cracking down. It's one thing to use a stroller. It's another thing to move in with a stroller equivalent of a Winnebago.

Dirk

How many Innocent people you deliberately run over though? That is the crime we should be focusing on :p lol.

DisneyDreamer08

To add to the stroller debate (and agree with what others have touched upon), it’s important to remember that families with multiple children don’t have a choice but to bring their little ones. There is a 5 year age gap between my girls. My oldest was almost 6 on our last trip and my youngest was 1. Obviously we needed a stroller and diaper bag for the baby. And even for families who bring JUST a baby, I say, go for it! Make family memories. Enjoy seeing your baby’s face light up when they meet Mickey Mouse :)

And the reason parents pack so much stuff is necessity (diapers, wipes, extra clothes etc), to save money and save meltdowns (snacks, juice boxes) but also pure convienence. For us it makes the most sense to be at the parks by opening and stay til the kids get tired. Two, 3, 4 o’clock, whenever that is. It’s such a hassle to bus it back and forth multiple times a day. So yes, we bring everything we might need for the day. I’ll admit, on our last trip we actually needed two bags (which fit in the basket under our stroller). Not only diapers, wipes, formula, baby food, snacks, drinks but things like sunscreen and small toys.
Unfortunately for some people, Disney is loved by both adults AND children :p

carolina_yankee

How many Innocent people you deliberately run over though? That is the crime we should be focusing on :p lol.

Count the tombstones at the entrance to Epcot.

Actually, I quickly adapted to the scooter. I did some trial runs at the resort, got a three-wheeled model for greater maneuverability and didn’t even take out a display rack in the Emporium on December 30. Nobody yelped either, so I assume I either missed all feet or totally immobilized them with a full body knock-down.

Dirk

ImperfectPixie

I don't understand the dislike for the push-wagon-stroller.

If it has a smaller footprint than the larger allowable strollers, what's the difference to you as a guest in the park?
They're long and that equals less maneuverability. Plus, people use them as a means to batter their way through the crowds.

EDIT: I also think the rules need to be simpler - no wagons should mean no wagons. For the average guest who doesn't check the rules page often, it gets too confusing. (Sort of along the same lines as selfie sticks and the GoPro handles.)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They're long and that equals less maneuverability. Plus, people use them as a means to batter their way through the crowds.

Two problems with that, for which I still don't understand:
  1. They're as long as regular strollers
  2. People use regular strollers as battering rams, too

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I don't understand the dislike for the push-wagon-stroller.

If it has a smaller footprint than the larger allowable strollers, what's the difference to you as a guest in the park?
If they're carrying two toddlers, that's ok. Saves from having to endure double bumps in the shins as the parade rolls through.

If, however, they're carrying just one toddler and enough supplies to not only help Stanley find Dr Livingston but also open a 7-11 at the headwaters of the Nile, then that's just too too much.

ImperfectPixie

Two problems with that, for which I still don't understand:
  1. They're as long as regular strollers
  2. People use regular strollers as battering rams, too
It's the length combined with the wheel configuration. Ever pushed one of those shopping carts with a kiddie-car built into it at a supermarket? The handling is similar. And this is coming from a mom who used (only for one day) a double stroller of the sit-and-stand variety and ditched it after one day because it was horrible to move through the parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Also, consider this...

You get bumped with a stroller and it hurts your ankles. Get bumped with a nearly 3' tall wagon hard enough and you're going down.

I would think the molded-plastic strollers that Disney rents out would be the worst to get bumped by.

So, I propose an experiment. We blindfold @ImperfectPixie and ram different stroller designs in to her and let her rate them on scales of pain, physical damage, and likelihood of being bowled over. We'll need a lot of different stroller designs and run the tests with various weights and speeds.

When is the next time your shins will be at WDW?

ImperfectPixie

I would think the molded-plastic strollers that Disney rents out would be the worst to get bumped by.

So, I propose an experiment. We blindfold @ImperfectPixie and ram different stroller designs in to her and let her rate them on scales of pain, physical damage, and likelihood of being bowled over. We'll need a lot of different stroller designs and run the tests with various weights and speeds.

Great idea, but we'd need someone who was unaware of the experiment in order for it to truly work...they wouldn't be bracing themselves for impact. ;)

Janir

See my harping on the double wide rentals in earlier post here... They SUCK in the parks! I imagine they suck to get hit by as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom