News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And if anyone can show me where it is written that they have the right to bring whatever wheeled apparatus into a Disney park they want, I'm all eyes. The fact of the matter is, you don't. And a company like Keenz can kiss my curvy butt if they think otherwise.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
But what about the children??!!
Keenz can't possibly be concerned about anything but the children, can they?
Is only interested in pushing units

StarWarsGirl

Oh, thats after they edited it to. Best part was when it said WAS once considered the Happiest Place on Earth. There were others, but that part stood out.
I saw that based on one of the comments.

The funny part is that most of the comments on that post are pro-Disney...one person even said she wouldn't purchase a Keetz if they were going to be so unprofessional.

Rich Brownn

Service dogs are not required to wear vests and their owners are not required to have ID cards - under laws that assume people will not lie about having a disability just to take their pets everywhere.
There is a difference between an actual service dog and an emotional support. With a service dog you are allowed to ask two legit questions - the nature of the disability and what the dog is trained for. And they are covered by the ADA, Emotional support dogs are not covered by the ADA and can (and have been) regulated and banned. It is true, however, that no form of ID or license is required for either.

Chi84

Premium Member
There is a difference between an actual service dog and an emotional support. With a service dog you are allowed to ask two legit questions - the nature of the disability and what the dog is trained for. And they are covered by the ADA, Emotional support dogs are not covered by the ADA and can (and have been) regulated and banned. It is true, however, that no form of ID or license is required for either.
They are allowed to ask the nature of the disability? I thought they were allowed to ask only if the animal is a service animal required because of a disability and what tasks the animal was trained to perform. I don’t think a business can ask a person the nature of their disability.

Last edited:

Rich Brownn

They are allowed to ask the nature of the disability? I thought they were allowed to ask only if the animal is a service animal required because of a disability and what tasks the animal was trained to perform. I don’t think a business can ask a person the nature of their disability.
Technically you cannot ask the person about there disability, but you can ask if its required due to a disability and what service the dog is trained to do. <which in most cases would give it away>

“When it is not obvious what service an animal provides, only limited inquiries are allowed. Staff may ask two questions: (1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability, and (2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform. Staff cannot ask about the person’s disability, require medical documentation, require a special identification card or training documentation for the dog, or ask that the dog demonstrate its ability to perform the work or task.”

VJ

Oh, thats after they edited it to. Best part was when it said WAS once considered the Happiest Place on Earth. There were others, but that part stood out.
Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth. The Magic Kingdom is the Most Magical Place on Earth (and Tokyo Disneyland is the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic).

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes because it’s a shame when you put so much time, effort and money into a true service dog just to see people take advantage of a law that protects/promotes people taking their pets to places they shouldn’t, so agreed that the laws will have to change at some point....btw can we get some sort of size and operators licensing going for the scooters? Seems that most people that use them in the parks look as though they have never used one before...makes you wonder

That is part of the ADA. Disney has some leadway to say no to Segways but offer scooters or wheelchairs as an alternative for special needs for mobility as an example. They can't demand proof of need or a diagnosis.

I broke my foot prior to my December trip and was in a scooter the entire trip that I rented from a Disney anointed company. I'm not sure how one would implement in short order a License to operate a scooter anymore than cities would require an operators license for a bicycle in the street. Me, my little scooter I rented was substantially smaller than the one I could have rented from Disney, theirs are tanks and have a big metal grill up front. Mine had one single 6" wheel up front. I'm in my AARP years and a few spins around the lobby and I got it. It isn't rocket science. People have drivers licences to operate a car, doesn't mean that they will be responsible drivers does it? Daily I see idiots with auto operators licences driving on the road recklessly. I'd expect the same with scooters but in actuality I only saw a few who didn't drive politely. Me, I experienced so many guests cutting right in front of me and no wonder they get clipped. I proudly had my scooter for 6 days and didn't hit a soul.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth. The Magic Kingdom is the Most Magical Place on Earth (and Tokyo Disneyland is the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic).

And Hong Kong Disneyland is the Most Orphaned Place on Earth.
And Paris Disneyland is the Most Menthol Place on Earth.
And Shanghai Disneyland is the Most Surveilled Place on Earth.

I am Timmy

Saw a sign today as you walk in Walmart that says service dogs only, and not allowed in carts. That was new, no idea how they will enforce it. But, I like it. Then went next door to Home Depot where 3 different people were walking dogs around. One was playing with an employee, one jumping around it's owner (?), one propping it's front legs up on a shelf for a sniff. Definitely pets, no one cared. Not a fan of pets in public spaces. Unless, of course, they are secured happily in Keenz wagon...... kidding.

ImperfectPixie

Saw a sign today as you walk in Walmart that says service dogs only, and not allowed in carts. That was new, no idea how they will enforce it. But, I like it. Then went next door to Home Depot where 3 different people were walking dogs around. One was playing with an employee, one jumping around it's owner (?), one propping it's front legs up on a shelf for a sniff. Definitely pets, no one cared. Not a fan of pets in public spaces. Unless, of course, they are secured happily in Keenz wagon...... kidding.
I don't like pets in public spaces, either. There are some people out there who are terrified of dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom