News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
Reading the comments, you would think some of these people care more about being defiant and getting their keenz into Disney, than they care about the actual vacation itself.
People are angry and venting now. In the end, they'll do what's best for them, and that probably won't be going out and wasting money on the biggest stroller they can find to "punish" Disney.

Ripken10

There's a difference between hate and disgust. I'm disgusted. This is about children...especially disabled children. The attitude in here is appalling. I guess again i shouldn't expect much else from a bunch of grown adults...probably older than me...who are obsessed with a childs theme park. Enjoy.
You need to quit using that tired excuse that it is not fair for kids with disabilities. No official agency has supported your claim that this is good for disabled individuals. It is not approved for this use. Bottom line - as of today goes decices are deemed not sufficient for those with disabilities

ImperfectPixie

You need to quit using that tired excuse that it is not fair for kids with disabilities. No official agency has supported your claim that this is good for disabled individuals. It is not approved for this use. Bottom line - as of today goes decices are deemed not sufficient for those with disabilities
I read a comment on the Keenz FB page written by someone who has autism basically begging people to stop using her disability as a reason for them to be allowed because the wagons had run over her feet and bumped into her many times during a Disney visit, and it made her extremely anxious.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Its what they do best after pounding a box of Franzia by 2 pm.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
People are angry and venting now. In the end, they'll do what's best for them, and that probably won't be going out and wasting money on the biggest stroller they can find to "punish" Disney.
Imagine being angry you can’t bring your Radio Flyer into Disney World.

harleebug

It's insanity. There are even people claiming that autistic children can't handle the parks without them. I have 2 autistic boys who each have VERY different needs, and we didn't use a stroller past the age of 4 in the Disney parks, let alone at home (and even at 4, the stroller was empty more often than not).

EDIT: This is about a company who played upon a specific demographic's need to have the BIGGEST, NEWEST of everything on the market. They created a problem, Disney is fixing it.
I also have two boys on the spectrum that are completely different with different needs. One is a sensory seeker and the other is easily over stimulated. They don’t want a stroller. They don’t need a stroller. We as the parents have to know the warning signs of a meltdown and plan accordingly. You cannot come to the parks and expect to go all day. You have to break, rest...”come down from the high.” There are kids that are more severe that may need a stroller to help with sensory overload, but that is probably few and far between. Absolutely no disrespect to anyone with a child with a disability. My point is, in most cases, the wagon is not necessary for a child with a disability.

ImperfectPixie

I also have two boys on the spectrum that are completely different with different needs. One is a sensory seeker and the other is easily over stimulated. They don’t want a stroller. They don’t need a stroller. We as the parents have to know the warning signs of a meltdown and plan accordingly. You cannot come to the parks and expect to go all day. You have to break, rest...”come down from the high.” There are kids that are more severe that may need a stroller to help with sensory overload, but that is probably few and far between. Absolutely no disrespect to anyone with a child with a disability. My point is, in most cases, the wagon is not necessary for a child with a disability.
Interestingly, my boys are better behaved at Disney than they are anywhere else - something about the over-stimulation levels them out. It's really bizarre and I can think of no other explanation. It seems to fit with how when they were little they needed every single toy in the house out and on the floor of the play room - it's as if they needed the chaos.

draybook

Too bad they don't take this "emotional support animal" thing as seriously as they do wagons that might be medically needed. Anyone else feel like they're at the Westminister dog show in the parks sometimes?

ImperfectPixie

Too bad they don't take this "emotional support animal" thing as seriously as they do wagons that might be medically needed. Anyone else feel like they're at the Westminister dog show in the parks sometimes?
I disagree with you vehemently about the whole smoking thing, but we're on the same exact page when it comes to people abusing the service/emotional support animal rules. It disgusts me because it's only going to make life more difficult for those who REALLY need their animal.

Chi84

Premium Member
It's amazing how quickly people are willing to fight for the disabled when it suits their own selfish purposes: How are the disabled going to manage without straws? How are the disabled going to navigate the parks without wagons? If people spent half as much time worrying about the real challenges faced by the disabled, the world would be a better place.

ImperfectPixie

It's amazing how quickly people are willing to fight for the disabled when it suits their own selfish purposes: How are the disabled going to manage without straws? How are the disabled going to navigate the parks without wagons? If people spent half as much time worrying about the real challenges faced by the disabled, the world would be a better place.
I actually posted a not-so-nice comment about people using their children's autism and the use of a wagon to avoid working with their children to help them adapt and learn to recognize their own needs so that they will be able to self-advocate and navigate the world as adults. The world isn't going to change for our children - we need to help our children recognize what their needs are and when they're having a difficult moment, and we need to teach them how to deal with those moments and how to prepare for them in advance. These people screaming over the Keenz wagons are doing it for themselves - it has nothing to do with their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom