New store coming to DTD Marketplace

I think this might not be happening in DTD, but a lot of you seem surprised a store like this exists? Im from MA and there is multiple of these stores. Not the first time I've heard of it. I do think it would be bizarre in DTD and can't see it happening , but stores like these do exist.

There's lots of these stores in MA because its a FAR-LEFT state!!

*rim shot*

...I'll be here all week...tip your waitresses and bartenders...

NMBC1993

Oh well, it could be worse. This is just a branch off of a store that is already located in Downtown Disney. At this point I wouldn't blame the current stores trying anything to make some money.

NMBC1993

xD Michael, your new quote brought a smile to my face. I think your right; with this bold new store us AC Members finally have a new place to spend our evenings:animwink:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's just a small kiosk that has replaced something else ( aperl stand or wood carvings? - can't quite remember). It's a novelty place that may do well with tourist traffic. Nothing to get upset about and it hasn't impacted any of the real retail locations that will hopefully having something better occupying.

EPCOTPluto

Well, I had to admit I first thought of a whole store for it. :lookaroun For the most part, it looks nice...

It's just a small kiosk that has replaced something else ( pearl stand or wood carvings? - can't quite remember). It's a novelty place that may do well with tourist traffic. Nothing to get upset about and it hasn't impacted any of the real retail locations that will hopefully having something better occupying.
Based on how close it is to the Marina, I think it was that wood carving station.

And aside from Mickey's Mart, I agree it will not be something revolutionary for DTD... For one thing, I find it ridiculous.

xtina72

My son is a lefty and we thought it was fun to look through the small section they had at the DTD magnet store.....but a WHOLE store?

I think people may walk through just for the novelty of it but I cant imagine it making a whole heck of alot of money.....

lebeau

So wait a minute! Hold on! Everybody just stop for a second.

You mean this if for real?

I just assumed it was a joke.

For real for real?

Oh, I give up!

On the upside, it will be fun to see JT try to spin this.

nibblesandbits

It's just a small kiosk that has replaced something else ( aperl stand or wood carvings? - can't quite remember). It's a novelty place that may do well with tourist traffic. Nothing to get upset about and it hasn't impacted any of the real retail locations that will hopefully having something better occupying.
That's what I noticed. I looked at the pics from Attractions and saw it was just this little kiosk. I actually thought it would be bigger. This is nothing. Although I can't figure I'd buy anything, even though I'm left handed. I know how to use sissors right handed and I'm not bothered by right handed notebooks, doesn't look like they're be much interesting to buy, but I might take a look, if passing it.

MousDad

For real for real?

Oh, I give up!

Sort of. Not a store. Was a window. Now a stand.

jt04

For real for real?

Oh, I give up!

If you visited more I often you would know I was not exactly thrilled about the new store. But since it is not an entire store but rather a nicely set-up kiosk I'm relieved. It's clever, unique and fun. Some people think it won't work because a relatively small number of people are lefty. But my bet is most of their sales will be to people buying a unique (and useful) gift for someone they know.

So now that I have seen what it really is I have a simple pharase that sums up my opinion......

WAY TO GO TDO :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom