New Stitch Advertisment

Legacy

Number_6 said:
Yes. A movie about finding the good in everyone and the importance of family is exceptionally low value!! How dare Disney make a movie like that!! How dare people actually find a movie like that to be good and entertaining!!! :rolleyes:
We should ban the story of the Ugly Duckling! It's too low value.

aklodge

Number_6 said:
Yes. A movie about finding the good in everyone and the importance of family is exceptionally low value!! How dare Disney make a movie like that!! How dare people actually find a movie like that to be good and entertaining!!! :rolleyes:
LOL! I think Stitch had great morals and values, but I just dont think that you can compare it to the legendary movies. I think that Stitch was o.k., but thats the highest rating its getting from me. I also think that the SGE thing is getting used too much.

matt88mph

I absolutly do not hate Stitch. I just feel that maybe they're using a little too much. If a movie/character really is good, people will wait four or five years for a ride to come around. For example:
1995: Toy Story introduces us to Buzz Lightyear.
1999: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin opens, and is very popular to this day.

Maybe if they put the whole Stitch thing on the back burner for a while, people will appriciate him more, and maybe it'll work for everybody.

TinkerBell9988

NemoRocks said:
They have that at the Character Premiere outlet stores in Orlando and Sunrise as well.

I was at the Character Premiere at Sawgrass Mills today (Sunrise), and there was actually a little queue line with parents wanting their kids to take a picture with it...

:lookaroun

DisneyJukebox

Account Suspended
Number_6 said:

So show me how that sentiment is conveyed in SGE.

And we wonder why kids think it is so funny and socially acceptable to burp and pass gas loudly, and do disgusting things with their "boogers". And parents just laugh along and encourage them.

I coach 5 year olds in T-ball and soccer. I spend half the time trying to get these kids not to burp in each other's faces and to tell little Tyler not to keep saying that everyone smells like a fart.

Do we really need a character like Stitch to make it seem acceptable?

Ok, I'm done establishing my disdain for this movie and this character, but if Disney World is going to be Stitch-World in 10 years, I will end my vacations to Disney World.

P.S. I just wanted to add this: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=739789

Apparently SGE isn't too popular on disboards either.

P.P.S. And also not a hit here: http://allearsnet.com/tp/mk/mk_sge3.htm

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The original Stitch character isn't bad, the story was clear and he was the uncultured, abused outsider with a good heart that eventually found his way.

This SGE and promotional Stitch is just a rude, gross, mannerless, bore with no redeeming value. It's just snot what I go to Disney for. :(

Number_6

DisneyJukebox said:
So show me how that sentiment is conveyed in SGE.

I didn't say anything about SGE. I was responding to the original comment of:

DisneyJukebox said:
How sad that people actually spend their money on a character and movie of such low value.

You said yourself that you feel the character and the movie are of low value. My comments were intended as a defense of the movie and how the character is portrayed as he grows through the movie, not as a defense of the SGE attraction. I feel the only redeeming quality of the attraction is that the animatronic is fantastic, other than that I don't really see any reason to sit through it a third time(first was during passholder preview, second when my kids got down here and wanted to see it and they don't want to go on it again either). I feel that the movie did have good values and Lilo spent the movie trying to get Stitch to go from having a very high "badness level" to achieve an Elvis-like "model citizen" status. Obviously if you don't like it, that's your own opinion and I won't say you are right or wrong not to like it, but I will say to anyone that feels that it has low value that I feel the person missed the point of the movie because they were obsessing over the boogers and belching. ;)

SpenceMan01

stitchcastle said:
All this Stitch hate makes me sad
Once again, I agree. Someone should start an "Official Bash Stitch Thread" thread, and keep it out of all of these other ones. All this negativity really peeves me off, and I'm not even a huge fan of Stitch!!

DisneyJukebox

Account Suspended
I've only seen Lilo & Stitch acted out on a travelling Disney On Ice show. That was enough for me as I pondered whether I should just yank my kids out of there as I didn't know that Stitch was going to be such a big part of the show. Even as an Ice Show there was belching and bad behavior on display. Plus the themes of losing your parents and acting out because of it were way too much for little kids. It's always nice to see a character change for the better in a movie, but it seems Disney World likes him better as an out of control, disgusting menace. I guess good Stitch is not entertaining enough.

I really don't think Walt Disney himself would be very proud of what they have done with Lilo & Stitch. Disney is simply saying "show me da money". Gross-outs sell these days. Come on lets have an attraction where the audience gets smelly, warm vomit spewed all over them. The kids will love that.

DopeyJas2004

tj229er said:
I was at the airport yesterday and saw outside of disney store this sign where there use to be a Mission Space advertisment.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/TJ229ER/d8f829a8.jpg

Where is this store located? DOes it sell theme park merchandise or is a regular run of the mill disney store. Also the store front looks very different from any disney store ive ever seen do you have any pics? Im sorry i know this is trange but i live in New York and I was wondering if you had any other pictures of this store the inside and the outside?
Thanks
Jason :wave:

Indy95

SpenceMan01 said:
Once again, I agree. Someone should start an "Official Bash Stitch Thread" thread, and keep it out of all of these other ones. All this negativity really peeves me off, and I'm not even a huge fan of Stitch!!
You obviously haven't been to any of the other SGE threads. Though, they could more fittingly be called the "Unofficial Bash Stitch Threads." :lol:

SpenceMan01

DisneyJukebox said:
I've only seen Lilo & Stitch acted out on a travelling Disney On Ice show.

I think you need to go rent the movie. I haven't seen the DoI version, but I feel like you are prematurely judging Stitch. If you'd watch the movie, you'd see the transformation Stitch undergoes. He's rejected by Lilo because he is so bad, but love and acceptence prevails and he gets "better", and the moral of the story ("Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind.") really shines through. So I think you should see the movie before you judge Stitch.

DisneyJukebox said:
Come on lets have an attraction where the audience gets smelly, warm vomit spewed all over them.
It's spit, not vomit. If you'd have seen the movie you'd know that by spitting, that's how he gets the laser cannons to misfire and he makes his escape. It's not vomit. Have you even been on the attraction?

Indy95 said:
You obviously haven't been to any of the other SGE threads. Though, they could more fittingly be called the "Unofficial Bash Stitch Threads." :lol:

Yeah I have, and I feel that Stitch is getting an undeserved bad wrap. It's annoying to go into several threads and have it all be nothing but people bashing Stitch and SGE. It should be condensed so I can avoid the thread and discuss the more positive aspects of Disney.

Number_6

SpenceMan01 said:
Yeah I have, and I feel that Stitch is getting an undeserved bad wrap. It's annoying to go into several threads and have it all be nothing but people bashing Stitch and SGE. It should be condensed so I can avoid the thread and discuss the more positive aspects of Disney.

The thing is that since this is a discussion board, there is no way to tell people "You can discuss things here, but you can't be negative about it and if you want to be negative about something, then do it over there." Part of a discussion is having a counter-point to any point you might be trying to make. There are discussions of positive aspects of Disney, just that there are a majority that think SGE is a mistake in its current incarnation. I personally feel that it could have been much better than it is if they had a proper budget and could have started over from scratch instead of using mostly what was in the building at the time. I love Stitch, but don't like SGE.

sdguy1234

Account Suspended
DizkneeBoi said:
Funny because I find yours offensive too sweet heart! BTW Eisner didn't create Stitch but he sure has done a good job of shoving the blue fur ball down the throats of everyone.

HA HA!!!! I love these boards!!! Seriously, how can you find someones image offensive? Dont be lame.

And Grizz, I (the untrained artist, like 99.99% of the population) still can't tell the difference between the two stitch's. I personally didnt like the movie, so I really dont care, I'm just glad that Im not paying higher ticket prices for theme parks, so disney can pay 10X as much for the origional artist.

tj229er

Original Poster
DopeyJas2004 said:
Where is this store located? DOes it sell theme park merchandise or is a regular run of the mill disney store. Also the store front looks very different from any disney store ive ever seen do you have any pics? Im sorry i know this is trange but i live in New York and I was wondering if you had any other pictures of this store the inside and the outside?
Thanks
Jason :wave:
I don't have any other pictures, however the store is located in the main part of the Orlando International airport. If you go to OIA you will walk past it. It's called Disney's Earport. It sells all kinds of Disney stuff.

stitchcastle

I've only seen Lilo & Stitch acted out on a travelling Disney On Ice show. That was enough for me as I pondered whether I should just yank my kids out of there as I didn't know that Stitch was going to be such a big part of the show. Even as an Ice Show there was belching and bad behavior on display. Plus the themes of losing your parents and acting out because of it were way too much for little kids. It's always nice to see a character change for the better in a movie, but it seems Disney World likes him better as an out of control, disgusting menace. I guess good Stitch is not entertaining enough.

I really don't think Walt Disney himself would be very proud of what they have done with Lilo & Stitch. Disney is simply saying "show me da money". Gross-outs sell these days. Come on lets have an attraction where the audience gets smelly, warm vomit spewed all over them. The kids will love that.

Whatever do you think ever gave youy any right to so negatively judge a movie you haven't even seen you closed-minded buffoon and to even judge on the basis of Walt's judgements, that's just absolutely absurd. Go watch the movie first before you start judging you delusional sour loser.

sdguy1234

Account Suspended
stitchcastle said:
Whatever do you think ever gave youy any right to so negatively judge a movie you haven't even seen you closed-minded buffoon and to even judge on the basis of Walt's judgements, that's just absolutely absurd. Go watch the movie first before you start judging you delusional sour loser.

WHOA!!!! c'mon now. This board is for fun. Let's not get upset. Afterall it is Valentines' Day.

I think Sore loser would have fit better too.

stitchcastle

sorry I just noticed that mr. disneyjukebox is the most hateful of all the stitch haters and it just made me soooo mad that he says these things and yet he still haven't seen the movie. i have some more to say but I might get banned from heaven. he's probably one of those self-serving type of people who think that everything that doesn't fit in is evil.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
sdguy1234 said:
....I'm just glad that Im not paying higher ticket prices for theme parks, so disney can pay 10X as much for the origional artist.
WARNING: THREAD DRIFT:

Im not sure that keeping actual Disney artists employed equates to higher ticket prices. If you are looking for some of the "fat" in the company that keeps ticket prices going up take a peek toward the executive offices.

DRIFT OVER - Resume normal discussion.:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom