New Star Wars live stage show coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios this Spring

RAXIP

Based on the location of these walls, I'd guess they're working on building a more permanent tech booth.
image.jpeg

Mikejakester

Here are some photos of the area from today:
View attachment 134298
View attachment 134294
View attachment 134295
View attachment 134296
View attachment 134297

Show Times for opening week have also been posted.
11:30, 1:30, 2:30, 4:30, 5:30

So the firework spectacular (can't remember the actual name) is actually a separate thing from the stage show?

another thing: (kind of off topic since it's related to the fireworks and not the actual stage show) but Look at your first picture. From my understanding, the fireworks are going to be set at an offset right angle. (assuming it's the light side of the show). However, if this is the case, that means that the fireworks will have limited viewing (due to foliage and buildings) from outside of the main hub as you move towards the entrance of the park. Is this something people are going to have to suck up? or are there plans to remove the foliage?

harryk

How will this block the view of the theatre? They only just got rid of the hat!
Disney just can't get away from blocking the view of the theatre with a stage show. It is beyond their 'imagination' to come up with someplace else to put on a stage show - such as on the way over to the Star Wars ride area.

Bolt

Disney just can't get away from blocking the view of the theatre with a stage show. It is beyond their 'imagination' to come up with someplace else to put on a stage show - such as on the way over to the Star Wars ride area.
For a stage show instead of a DJ - I don't really mind.

Incomudro

Even if they could pick another location, I don't think they'd want to.
I'd imagine that they want to hit people coming into the park with the excitement that there's something going on right up ahead.
It definitely amps up the excitement of people entering the park.

cjkeating

So the firework spectacular (can't remember the actual name) is actually a separate thing from the stage show?

another thing: (kind of off topic since it's related to the fireworks and not the actual stage show) but Look at your first picture. From my understanding, the fireworks are going to be set at an offset right angle. (assuming it's the light side of the show). However, if this is the case, that means that the fireworks will have limited viewing (due to foliage and buildings) from outside of the main hub as you move towards the entrance of the park. Is this something people are going to have to suck up? or are there plans to remove the foliage?

This is pure rumour but I did read somewhere quite a while ago (way before the Star Wars fireworks were announced) that it was likely that many of Hollywood Boulevard trees would be removed or replaced in order to facilitate better views of the fireworks, therefore I wouldn't rule that out. Deja-vu of the Magic Kingdom?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom