New Star Wars half at WDW announced

LindsayLoves

Important info about how PhotoPass will work for race photos:

Disney PhotoPass Photographers will be on the course and at the finish line taking your photos during the race. Smile and make sure your bib is in view on the front of your shirt! Race photos will be available to view at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com (select Walt Disney World) and on the My Disney Experience app within 24 hours of the event. To link your photos, you will need to enter the 11-digit RaceID followed by your 5-digit bib number. If your bib number is less than 5 digits, please add zeros at the beginning of your bib number to complete the 16-digit code.

See below for RaceIDs; replace the x’s with your bib number to complete the code:
KIDS RACES 2016-DARK-KIDx-xxxx
5K 2016-DARK-W5Kx-xxxx
10K 2016-DARK-10Kx-xxxx
Half 2016-DARK-HLFx-xxxx

Texas84

Reverse Wine & Dine. Sort of.
DS-half.jpg

Mad Stitch

Pretty much what I expected it would be. Thoughts, those sidewalks between Epcot and the Studios will not be able to handle the crowds only 3 miles into the race. Blink and you will miss running through the Studios. Going into WWoS the back way is unexpected, at least we are not zig-zaging through there much.

Texas84

Expecting several photo opportunities in World Showcase and AK.

WWoS finish has potential for an entertaining finish although the DLR finish is disappointing. So, yeah, maybe just another DJ.

Flight Safety

Hello everyone,

This will be my first runDisney event and I was wondering if anyone could give some advice for a first time runner. I can pretty much figure things out for myself, but I haven't been able to find much information for my family that will be wanting to attend the races and see me on course.

I am running all 3 events and have no clue what to tell my family about where to go, how to get there, etc. I know I will be taking a bus to get to the events, but my wife will have our 4 month old daughter with her and I'm not sure if it would be easier for her to drive from our resort to the events or take a bus.

I don't really even know where they should go and whats available for them as far as viewing locations. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Texas84

Hello everyone,

This will be my first runDisney event and I was wondering if anyone could give some advice for a first time runner. I can pretty much figure things out for myself, but I haven't been able to find much information for my family that will be wanting to attend the races and see me on course.

I am running all 3 events and have no clue what to tell my family about where to go, how to get there, etc. I know I will be taking a bus to get to the events, but my wife will have our 4 month old daughter with her and I'm not sure if it would be easier for her to drive from our resort to the events or take a bus.

I don't really even know where they should go and whats available for them as far as viewing locations. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Check out the event guide linked above. Looks like spectators will be limited to the start and finish for all races. Buses will go from resorts to WWoS all morning. Parking will not be allowed.

Have fun!

Flight Safety

Check out the event guide linked above. Looks like spectators will be limited to the start and finish for all races. Buses will go from resorts to WWoS all morning. Parking will not be allowed.

Have fun!

Thanks for the response. I already read through the guide, I feel like it doesn't really provide a whole lot of info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom