New Star Tours Scene

SSG

Original Poster
Star Tours — The Adventures Continue

Wed, October 23, 2019
‘Here We Go Again!’ Exciting Updates to Star Tours — The Adventures Continue
by Tom Fitzgerald

Since the launch of Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, we’ve had a great time partnering with Lucasfilm and Industrial Light & Magic to update the attraction with new and exciting destinations. Passengers who board the Starspeeder 1000 never know where in the galaxy their pilot C-3PO and navigator R2-D2 will take them. We’ve added flights to Jakku, Crait and even Batuu! Along the way, we’ve encountered many of our favorite characters from the Skywalker saga.

I know that many of you are as excited as I am about the December 20th film launch of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Today I’m equally excited to announce that on the same December date, Star Tours – The Adventures Continue will be adding new destinations inspired by the latest episode of the Star Wars saga … at Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney Resort.

In the trailers for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, you caught glimpses of the ocean moon Kef Bir. All I can say at this point is that Starspeeders will be heading there soon!

We’ll be sharing more details in the future, but for now I just wanted to say how super-excited we are that Star Tours – The Adventures Continue is continuing to live up to its name. As C-3PO would say, “Here we go again!”

Phroobar

Star Tours — The Adventures Continue

Wed, October 23, 2019

In the trailers for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, you caught glimpses of the ocean moon Kef Bir. All I can say at this point is that Starspeeders will be heading there soon!

Wait a minute. Why is the wreckage of the Death Star on Kef Bir? Shouldn't it had crashed into Endor's moon extinguishing all life there?

latest

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Falcon was supposed to make Star Tours obsolete. So what do they do with Star Tours now? Do they make the Falcon better or not get rid of Star Tours...even long term?

I can see Star Tours sticking around for a long time and surviving a TL redo.
Star tours isn’t going anywhere...it’s part of their strategic plan with “the most immersive land ever” 😂😂

SSG

Original Poster
The Falcon was supposed to make Star Tours obsolete. So what do they do with Star Tours now? Do they make the Falcon better or not get rid of Star Tours...even long term?

Same. I never bought into the thinking that Star Tours would go just because GE opened up. It's still popular and it pushes one of the company's main properties.

Travel Junkie

Who said that Star Tours was going to be obsolete and be going away? Anyone besides clueless bloggers? Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember anyone of importance saying Star Tours would be going away anytime soon. If anything Disney has said it was staying multiple times.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hahah. How long Star Tours sticks around could really be indicative of how they feel about the Falcon. Especially if it’s still around after a TL redo.

It’s more than the falcon ride. It’s the land they built.

First: they have ZERO intentions of building more attractions...let’s bed that one.

Second: the land isn’t going to be “saved” by this trackless ride. Did everyone see the “new exciting details” released this last week? It’s a trackless force awakens recap with some cool brief elements added on. Great Star Wars movie ride 2.0.

I think it will be a good ride...but not what Disney or the praetorian guard here has been clamoring about. It’s a Hail Mary in many ways.

So third, based on drawing back their IP push of Star Wars...why on earth would Disney be remotely interested investing capital in the parks now?

There will have to be a “renaissance” in the IP before we even broach that concept.
Same. I never bought into the thinking that Star Tours would go just because GE opened up. It's still popular and it pushes one of the company's main properties.
Who said that Star Tours was going to be obsolete and be going away? Anyone besides clueless bloggers? Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember anyone of importance saying Star Tours would be going away anytime soon. If anything Disney has said it was staying multiple times.
It’s beyond obselete. It’s an 80’s motion simulator

But I agree that it was never going away. Why replace/add to a new land when you can extend a ride 20 or so years longer?

Last edited:

mickEblu

yeah you missed it. A couple insiders. Not that it would be going away soon but that would be obsolete by how cutting edge and great the Falcon would be. And then that it would be going away after a few years.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I thought that it would stick around for a few years to “absorb” some of the SWL demand. Lol. And just Star Wars demand in general. However, now I’m thinking it might even survive a TL redo which I wouldn’t have said 6 months ago.

mickEblu

It’s more than the falcon ride. It’s the land they built.

First: they have ZERO intentions of building more attractions...let’s bed that one.

Second: the land isn’t going to be “saved” by this trackless ride. Did everyone see the “new exciting details” released this last week? It’s a trackless force awakens recap with some cool brief elements added on. Great Star Wars movie ride 2.0.

I think it will be a good ride...but not what Disney or the praetorian guard here has been clamoring about. It’s a Hail Mary in many ways.

So third, based on drawing back their IP push of Star Wars...why on earth would Disney be remotely interested investing capital in the parks now?

There will have to be a “renaissance” in the IP before we even broach that concept.

It’s beyond obselete. It’s an 80’s motion simulator

But I agree that it was never going away. Why replace/add to a new land when you can extend a ride 20 or so years longer?

I’m not a huge fan of the land but what does that have to do with the Falcon v Star Tours comparison?

Well it depends on how you mean saved. I don’t think anything will at this point make the land the ‘the best land ever” that Disney wanted us to believe it was going to be. However if ROTR is even just a Star Wars Indy and they add some of the things we ve said the land needs then I think it will be viewed as a very solid land. Not that its my cup of tea or that’s what they spent a billion dollars to hear.

What about the SWL coaster rumor? I hope that one is true but I agree it’s unlikely.

Star Tours is not obsolete. How can something be obsolete if it’s more fun than the new thing they just built... unless you get pilot then it’s debatable.

Travel Junkie

yeah you missed it. A couple insiders.

I guess you put more stock into "insiders" than I do. Yes I heard some people say it, but Disney hasn't to my knowledge. That's what I meant.

If Disney got rid of attractions when a new iteration of the same type of ride came out, most rides at Disney would have been gone ages ago.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not a huge fan of the land but what does that have to do with the Falcon v Star Tours comparison?

Well it depends on how you mean saved. I don’t think anything will at this point make the land the ‘the best land ever” that Disney wanted us to believe it was going to be. However if ROTR is even just a Star Wars Indy and they add some of the things we ve said the land needs then I think it will be viewed as a very solid land. Not that its my cup of tea or that’s what they spent a billion dollars to hear.

What about the SWL coaster rumor? I hope that one is true but I agree it’s unlikely.

Star Tours is not obsolete. How can something be obsolete if it’s more fun than the new thing they just built... unless you get pilot then it’s debatable.
I’m saying there is no logical reason why they would remove star tours.

Mainly based on the underwhelming performance of the land, the same with recent films, and Disney already spending a bundle.

So if they wouldn’t be inclined to spend more on Star Wars in the parks - very logical as it stands - then you leave star tours and tweak it. Which they are.

It is an outdated simulator. People can like it or not like it...but it’s not a front of the line kinda attraction...never really was.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
yeah you missed it. A couple insiders. Not that it would be going away soon but that would be obsolete by how cutting edge and great the Falcon would be. And then that it would be going away after a few years.

Oh right...yeah, those fanboys completely made it up.
I guess you put more stock into "insiders" than I do. Yes I heard some people say it, but Disney hasn't to my knowledge. That's what I meant.

If Disney got rid of attractions when a new iteration of the same type of ride came out, most rides at Disney would have been gone ages ago.
You are correct in this case. Sometimes the insiders are left standing out in the rain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom