New Star Tours Scene

Travel Junkie

If Interactivity is what they were placing above all else with the Falcon then they failed miserably. 2 of the 3 roles are absolutely meaningless in any real interactive way.

Its not that people have an issue with Falcon because it’s interactive. People have an issue because the ride isn’t very fun or what they imagined and the interactivity for 2 out of 3 roles sucks. Same with the land. What meaningful interactivity is there? I think that’s the last thing on a long list of why people may not like GE.

I'm in the minority, but not alone in actually liking the other 2 roles. The gunner maybe less of an effect on the overall mission, but engineers doing or not doing their job does. The whole point is to get the coaxium. If the engineers don't do their job, you fail the mission.

Until Rise opens the other experiences in the land are the lightsaber and droid building. Those are interactive. The play app was supposed to be a bigger hit with guests than it turned out to be. WDI designed the land to have characters walking around and interacting with guests. Entertainment was cut, but the entire land is supposed one large interactive playground "living out your own Star Wars story." That's from Disney itself. A lot of people don't want that out of their theme park day.

I personally really like GE. Eventually I think it will grow on many of those who dislike it now.

mickEblu

I'm in the minority, but not alone in actually liking the other 2 roles. The gunner maybe less of an effect on the overall mission, but engineers doing or not doing their job does. The whole point is to get the coaxium. If the engineers don't do their job, you fail the mission.

Until Rise opens the other experiences in the land are the lightsaber and droid building. Those are interactive. The play app was supposed to be a bigger hit with guests than it turned out to be. WDI designed the land to have characters walking around and interacting with guests. Entertainment was cut, but the entire land is supposed one large interactive playground "living out your own Star Wars story." That's from Disney itself. A lot of people don't want that out of their theme park day.

I personally really like GE. Eventually I think it will grow on many of those who dislike it now.

Engineers have an impact on the result yes. But what does it matter when the action to achieve that result is not fun and involves pressing a button over and over again?

You can’t count the droid and lightsaber building as an interactive part of the land when most people will do those only once if at all.

Travel Junkie

Engineers have an impact on the result yes. But what does it matter when the action to achieve that result is not fun and involves pressing a button over and over again?

You can’t count the droid and lightsaber building as an interactive part of the land when most people will do those only once if at all.

I like the engineer position, so I guess I can't answer that question since it assumes nobody finds it fun.

The droid and lightsaber building is part of the land so yes I would say yes it is an interactive element of the land. I would say that your point could be argued as part of the reason why interactivity is a negative. Disney certainly intended that the lightsaber and droid building be a big aspect of the land. Even if you don't go back everytime and actually build a droid for example, you can bring them back and they react to being in the land. Their hope was that you would at least build one droid and then keep bringing it back on subsequent visits. The lightsaber appears to be a one and done.

mickEblu

I like the engineer position, so I guess I can't answer that question since it assumes nobody finds it fun.

The droid and lightsaber building is part of the land so yes I would say yes it is an interactive element of the land. I would say that your point could be argued as part of the reason why interactivity is a negative. Disney certainly intended that the lightsaber and droid building be a big aspect of the land. Even if you don't go back everytime and actually build a droid for example, you can bring them back and they react to being in the land. Their hope was that you would at least build one droid and then keep bringing it back on subsequent visits. The lightsaber appears to be a one and done.

To be fair I haven’t been an engineer yet. But I’ve seen videos and have been gunner once and Pilot 4 times. Gunner was terrible. From what I understand it goes like this....

Gunner < Engineer < Pilot < Not wasting your time and going to real Disneyland instead

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It’s more than the falcon ride. It’s the land they built.

First: they have ZERO intentions of building more attractions...let’s bed that one.

Second: the land isn’t going to be “saved” by this trackless ride. Did everyone see the “new exciting details” released this last week? It’s a trackless force awakens recap with some cool brief elements added on. Great Star Wars movie ride 2.0.

I think it will be a good ride...but not what Disney or the praetorian guard here has been clamoring about. It’s a Hail Mary in many ways.

So third, based on drawing back their IP push of Star Wars...why on earth would Disney be remotely interested investing capital in the parks now?

There will have to be a “renaissance” in the IP before we even broach that concept.

It’s beyond obselete. It’s an 80’s motion simulator

But I agree that it was never going away. Why replace/add to a new land when you can extend a ride 20 or so years longer?
what new details are you talkinga bout and whwere can i read them?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

SECURITY WILL NOT LET YOU BRING IN A DROID YOU ALREADY PURCHASED ON A RETURN TRIP. THEY WILL TELL YOU TO LEAVE IT IN THE CAR SO YOU CAN BUY A NEW ONE. STOP BEING NAIVE.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Whoever predicted Star Tours would go away right after GE opened were wrong. It's a whole another conversation about "insiders" who they are, where they get the information, and why they choose to say what they say. Suffice to say I don't put much if any stock into what gets said from non official sources.

Who said what now?

Expect Tours to get an episode nine option mid 2019. And for it to run as-is for a year or two beyond that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
True. Although that 1-2 years may have turned into 5-6 and beyond.
I think that’s the contention...

I don’t think either side of this brewing “brew ha ha” is wrong in this case.

The insider were “right”...and partially wrong. It is a moving target and hard to hit...as we’ve seen.

If I can acknowledge it...anyone can.

mickEblu

I think that’s the contention...

I don’t think either side of this brewing “brew ha ha” is wrong in this case.

The insider were “right”...and partially wrong. It is a moving target and hard to hit...as we’ve seen.

If I can acknowledge it...anyone can.

I think they were right based on the info at that time. I think whoever feeds them info overplayed how great the Falcon would be.

Of course, it could still close in the next couple years if TL goes down down for a redo. Anything can still happen.

Travel Junkie

To be fair I haven’t been an engineer yet. But I’ve seen videos and have been gunner once and Pilot 4 times. Gunner was terrible. From what I understand it goes like this....

Gunner < Engineer < Pilot < Not wasting your time and going to real Disneyland instead

Based on your ratings, probably not worth trying engineer anyway. The gunner position is really disappointing. They couldn't copy the blueprint from the movies?

Phroobar

Disney found out that it is not easy to make a Star Wars movie. It's not something that should be created by committee like Frozen 2.

mickEblu

Depends on how soon they will work on new Tomorrowland. At DHS, I always thought they should remove Muppets and integrate Star Tours into Galaxy's Edge as an Original Trilogy section.

I’m not very familiar with DHSs layout but from I understand Star Tours is close enough. I would have supported this idea.

Phroobar

I’m not very familiar with DHSs layout but from I understand Star Tours is close enough. I would have supported this idea.
DHS's layout is weird. You have the Muppets sandwiched between Star Tours and SWL. Pigs in Space should take over Star Tours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom