New Star Tours Droid: Aly San San?

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
Neither is MILF.

That thought crossed my mind as well.

Speaking of Imagineering being funny reminds me of something my youngest son brought up a few years ago and has puzzled me since was the naming of the current Star Tours pilot droid voiced by Paul Rubens, RX-24 or "Rex". My son asked if "Rex" was a play on words by the Imagineers as maybe a precursor of what to expect from the pilot. Is he called Rex because he wrecks a lot?

Kamikaze

Speaking of Imagineering being funny reminds me of something my youngest son brought up a few years ago and has puzzled me since was the naming of the current Star Tours pilot droid voiced by Paul Rubens, RX-24 or "Rex". My son asked if "Rex" was a play on words by the Imagineers as maybe a precursor of what to expect from the pilot. Is he called Rex because he wrecks a lot?

No, hes Rex because he's RX.

R2-D2 is Artoo.
C-3P0 is Threepio.

In the EU, there are a lot of instances of droids getting actual nicknames unrelated to their model numbers, but Star Tours is mass market.

Slipknot

I could be wrong, but that looks like the droid from the diner Obi-Wan goes to to get information about the dart that killed Zam Wessel in Attack of the Clones.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
No, hes Rex because he's RX.

R2-D2 is Artoo.
C-3P0 is Threepio.

In the EU, there are a lot of instances of droids getting actual nicknames unrelated to their model numbers, but Star Tours is mass market.

Yes but, all those other droids are part of the Star Wars universe, named by Lucas and Co., Star Tours is Disney and their Imagineers who like to hide things in attractions, or give names that have more than one meaning to things or reference other things, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch. It was a question by my 13yo son, but it kinda made sense or at least seems possible.

Next Big Thing

Here's a picture of it from that site that Steve is apparently so threatened of. The pic was taken at Trade City USA last weekend by Cody Smith and will be released as a pin series in the future.

992583332_4JPux-L.png

EDIT: oh look, steve blocked ANOTHER thing from that site, this time it just happened to be a pic. I'll have to see what I can do about that....

Next Big Thing

Here we go! Got it for you, now THIS TIME it should work b/c it doesn't say that EVIL site's name in the url. I just have one question for you Steve: Why so Scared?

992583332_4JPux-L.png

Disneyson 1

That actually sounds possible! Love that idea. I wonder what Aly's going to do...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom