News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Missing20K

The fact that a restaurant is a tad easier to build than almost any other project going on right now could also be a solid explanation.
It's also tiny in comparison to other projects.

But I'd bet there are still incentives for DIS to finish this faster than an Owned and Operated location as the faster they build, the faster they can start charging rent. Total speculation though, I have no idea how the leases work for the restaurants operated by outside groups like Patina.

Anyone have any inside info on the lease terms for such locations?

lazyboy97o

It's also tiny in comparison to other projects.

But I'd bet there are still incentives for DIS to finish this faster than an Owned and Operated location as the faster they build, the faster they can start charging rent. Total speculation though, I have no idea how the leases work for the restaurants operated by outside groups like Patina.

Anyone have any inside info on the lease terms for such locations?
At Disney Springs the stand alone facilities are built and paid for by their tenants.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I say Eating: SPACE should be the name - there's synergy with the naming format of Mission: SPACE, it clearly identifies what the restaurant is, and it satisfies @MisterPenguin's desire for puns.

Or, even better, make it Eatin': SPACE - double the attraction synergy with even more punniness (it's an "eating space" where you "eat in space").
Why not "Mission: Spice"? (which is what all the Aussie guests will be saying anyway)

kthomas105

I hope they clad the exterior in something that complements the area instead of painting it go away green. The curved exterior lends itself to the same architectural curve as world of motion, which it abuts. Even though it is a part of the mission space complex it is more visible between the two pavilions and because of that I think it should complement them both.
View attachment 357435

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I hope they clad the exterior in something that complements the area instead of painting it go away green. The curved exterior lends itself to the same architectural curve as world of motion, which it abuts. Even though it is a part of the mission space complex it is more visible between the two pavilions and because of that I think it should complement them both.
View attachment 357435
If they put anything reflective on it, there's the small chance you'd get lasing between the two buildings, and we'd have cooked guests at the end of Test Track...

kthomas105

If they put anything reflective on it, there's the small chance you'd get lasing between the two buildings, and we'd have cooked guests at the end of Test Track...
Sure, In my mind it doesn't have to be reflective just like Test Track. A flat finish on an aluminum panel would be complementary from a design stand point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom