News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Missing20K

space two two oh?
space two two zero?
space two twenty?
space two hundred twenty?
220 miles
I wonder how many here get the reference...?
Surprised I didn’t think of it, actually...maybe because I use it too often in my everyday life...?!!!!! :hilarious:;):)
220 miles is often cited as the altitude that the International Space Station orbits at, although different sources do give different numbers.
Yet another wonderful example of Disney's odd naming conventions. I'm surprised it's not "Disney's Space 220 Restaurant - An Epcot Dining Experience".

Orbit
Space Station Alpha
Bravo Centauri
Above the Horizon
Blast-Off
Zero Gravity

All off the top of my head in 5 minutes. Space 220 sounds vague and I'd bet few get the reference without it being bashed over their head in a vain attempt at storytelling, which I would not put past them. The menus and many other "theme" elements, will no doubt reference how one is orbiting 220 miles above Earth.

DinoInstitute

Yet another wonderful example of Disney's odd naming conventions. I'm surprised it's not "Disney's Space 220 Restaurant - An Epcot Dining Experience".

Orbit
Space Station Alpha
Bravo Centauri
Above the Horizon
Blast-Off
Zero Gravity

All off the top of my head in 5 minutes. Space 220 sounds vague and I'd bet few get the reference without it being bashed over their head in a vain attempt at storytelling, which I would not put past them. The menus and many other "theme" elements, will no doubt reference how one is orbiting 220 miles above Earth.
You think Space 220 is more vague than “orbit”?

HiJe

Fare o' Space
220: A Space Scrodyssey
Four Digestable Space-Thyme
Space Baguettes
Space Serving Station
Sauerkrauter Space
Trouter Space
Space Sage
Space Crock-it
Space Souped
SpaceMangia
Space Flight of Beers

Festival of Space
Wine and Space Festival
Frozen in Space character dining with Elsa
Non-descript restaurant that maybe is themed like Space or whatever (Iger's idea)
Spaceballs (Has anyone considered this IP opportunity?)

Missing20K

You think Space 220 is more vague than “orbit”?
Certainly no less vague. And at least there is no confusion about how to speak the numbered portion of the name.

Also, nice job picking out one of the names I suggested. As I said, they were selected off the top of my head in five minutes. I'm certain WDI had multiple meetings about the proposed name of this new space. ;)

DinoInstitute

Certainly no less vague. And at least there is no confusion about how to speak the numbered portion of the name.

Also, nice job picking out one of the names I suggested. As I said, they were selected off the top of my head in five minutes. I'm certain WDI had multiple meetings about the proposed name of this new space. ;)
You can pronounce it however way you want, that’s the beauty of it! ;)

Not a whole lot of thought went into my post just picking out one of you names, I think Space 220 is significantly better than all of them and is/would be a great name for a restaurant if that is in fact what it is. If you get what the name means, it’s interesting and cool reference, and if not, then the name still generally establishes the theme and futuristic feel.

Missing20K

You can pronounce it however way you want, that’s the beauty of it! ;)

Not a whole lot of thought went into my post just picking out one of you names, I think Space 220 is significantly better than all of them and is/would be a great name for a restaurant if that is in fact what it is. If you get what the name means, it’s interesting and cool reference, and if not, then the name still generally establishes the theme and futuristic feel.
If you think Space 220 is a better name and reference than Brava Centauri, you might be in danger of getting your Disney fan card revoked. ;)

And yes, I do realize I didn't spell it correctly the first time.

But hey each to their own and everything!

hpyhnt 1000

I say Eating: SPACE should be the name - there's synergy with the naming format of Mission: SPACE, it clearly identifies what the restaurant is, and it satisfies @MisterPenguin's desire for puns.

Or, even better, make it Eatin': SPACE - double the attraction synergy with even more punniness (it's an "eating space" where you "eat in space").

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom