New soda drinks in parks

Timekeeper

At one point and time there were places on disney property that served Vault. Now, coca cola has discontinued Vault. I contacted them and let them know my feelings on eliminating another one of my faves.

Do you know when it was officially discontinued? I ask because up until not too long ago, it sure felt like it was discontinued due to its scarcity, but one could still find a box (of cans) at Publix every once in a while. :cry:

Universal sold Vault, but all the Vault nozzles are now Mellow Yellow nozzles. :cry:

I_heart_Tigger

I'm not a ginger ale drinker but my friend could have used it for an upset tummy on our last trip.

Also...yes, why no Irn Bru in UK? I drank it like a fish after 9 months living in Edinburgh. I know the taste would bring back fond (and rather bizarre) memories.

I would love a Lime pop - yes, I said pop, I'm Canadian, we don't say soda and no Sprite isn't a lime pop...lime pop is green, not clear. Also the lemonade in Disney is :hurl::hurl::hurl: I don't mind the frozen lemonade (it's not great but it's OK) but in any restaurants whether from the fountain or bottle it's just disgusting. Is that all Minute Maid? They must make it different in Canada because I don't find the taste the same at all. To me the lemonade in Disney tastes like dirty water.

I also did';t see any sparkling waters anywhere. I didn't look that closely but a lightly flavored raspberry sparkling water would be good on a hot day.

Now, onto the booze :sohappy:

A pub in Canada would be nice - maybe where the gardening shed is. I'm from the East Coast so I'm sure our pub's are different than west coast or central Cdn one's are but a Maritime Brewery style with a rousing chorus sing-a-long of Barrett's Privateer's would be fun (well, annoying for me since they sing that damn song all over the place here - but fun for other's I assume) That would also tie into Off Kilter as the entertainment since our pubs are often based on our Irish or Scottish ancestry. Slàinte!

Someone else mentioned an ice bar. An Igloo style bar in Canada would really dip into those "frozen wasteland" stereotypes so that would probably work there. We can even do "Shotskis" - a full sized ski with shot glasses welded to it - you fill it up and each person lines up, tips up the ski and does the shot together.

MissM

Also the lemonade in Disney is :hurl::hurl::hurl: I don't mind the frozen lemonade (it's not great but it's OK) but in any restaurants whether from the fountain or bottle it's just disgusting. Is that all Minute Maid? They must make it different in Canada because I don't find the taste the same at all. To me the lemonade in Disney tastes like dirty water.
It's Minute Maid Light; aka Diet. It has artificial sweeteners in it and yes, that would be what makes it taste like a sweaty tourist backside. You can ONLY get the diet version at WDW.

I_heart_Tigger

It's Minute Maid Light; aka Diet. It has artificial sweeteners in it and yes, that would be what makes it taste like a sweaty tourist backside. You can ONLY get the diet version at WDW.

Ahhhh...that explains it. I was going to ask someone when I first had a lemonade there because I saw Minute Maid bottles around but wasn't sure if it was the same with fountain drinks. I just thought I would sound like another stupid tourist if I said, 'Well the Minute Maid in Canada doesn't taste like this!"

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
4-1.jpg

At one point and time there were places on disney property that served Vault. Now, coca cola has discontinued Vault. I contacted them and let them know my feelings on eliminating another one of my faves.

Personally I'm a Pepsi/mountain dew/dr pepper guy, so I hate that Disney only sells a few coke products.

Do you know when it was officially discontinued? I ask because up until not too long ago, it sure felt like it was discontinued due to its scarcity, but one could still find a box (of cans) at Publix every once in a while. :cry:

Universal sold Vault, but all the Vault nozzles are now Mellow Yellow nozzles. :cry:
The Green Vault to me tastes like a bad Mt Dew...now the Vaultz Red Blitz was a different story and I was quite sad when Coke discontinued that.

I went back to my old standby Dr Pepper...unfortunately it isn't available at WDW either. :shrug:
image_vaultredblitz_official1.jpg

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
I don't drink soda very often but when I do, I prefer to drink those made with real cane sugar. It would be nice if Disney/Coke offered a couple of those type of drinks as options.

AEfx

It really pains me that Diet Pepsi is available no where on property. Not even the Hess stations. I'll never forget the first time I realized that Hess stations do not carry both Coke and Pepsi products - I honestly had one of those feelings that I was either having a flashback or had popped into the twilight zone, as i wandered the (tiny) store for ten minutes just not understanding how I was missing the Pepsi products.

Now that I drive myself around WDW, of course - no longer a problem. :)

MansionGoer13z

The Green Vault to me tastes like a bad Mt Dew...now the Vaultz Red Blitz was a different story and I was quite sad when Coke discontinued that.

I went back to my old standby Dr Pepper...unfortunately it isn't available at WDW either. :shrug:
image_vaultredblitz_official1.jpg

Vault was terrible I think Coke needs to bring back Citra and Surge.

Tiggerfanatic

Well the reason you think it's vile is because you think bourbon is drinkable and that is why America buys so much scotch from us:ROFLOL:I've tasted yer Jack Danniels, Jim beam, Old Crow., Kentucky Yuch.etc.:wave:

Nope, sorry - no whiskey for this redneck hillbilly! It's beer all the way for me! I will say that I really liked Bellhaven's Best when I ws in Scotland - pretty close to Yeungling which is my favorite beer. Hubby does like Pendleton whiskey (it's Canadian) but he can't find it locally here in PA - has to stock up when he's in Montana.

sweetpee_1993

If you asked me several years ago I would have said Mountain Dew. I was addicted to that stuff and its still my favorite soda.

Now that I barely ever have soda, I have to also say Ginger Ale. Mix in a little orange juice and its amazing. Feel a little off after having some bad food? Have some sips of Ginger Ale! Its the only soda I keep for myself in my kitchen anymore.

Also does WDW have Mr. Pibb? My mind is blanking out on that. If not they should!

Tonic Water: its good for muscle cramps.

It is perplexing that ginger ale isn't at least sparsely available. Wanna know why ginger ale settles a queasy belly? Ginger is one of Mother Nature's remedies. On cruises people often take ginger tablets in lieu of Dramamine or other meds to fend off any motion issues. I had no idea until I took a long look at seasick meds before our first cruise last year. It was a total lightbulb-over-the-head moment when my brain made the connection with ginger / ginger ale for a yucky belly.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer "Dos Equis". Stay thirsty my friends!

:ROFLOL:

Nope, sorry - no whiskey for this redneck hillbilly! It's beer all the way for me! I will say that I really liked Bellhaven's Best when I ws in Scotland - pretty close to Yeungling which is my favorite beer. Hubby does like Pendleton whiskey (it's Canadian) but he can't find it locally here in PA - has to stock up when he's in Montana.

Sis?!?! LOL! I always say my confirmation that I am truly a classless chick is the fact that I can't stand wine or champagne and love beer with my whole heart. I do! And don't pour the beer in a glass ~~pre-chilled or not~~ because I'd much rather have it from the bottle. Glass bottle. Why are cans shaped like bottles now? Did the lowly can-drinkers try to up their image??? I don't favor mixed drinks too much. If tequila is involved you can count me out (*reference the now-infamous Great Jose Episode of '99*). Just hand me a beer and we'll be good.

Hubby used to be seriously hooked on Dr.Pepper. That's all he drank. Literally. He used to suffer thru trips with no Dr.Pepper. I know once many years back he found a bottle of Pibb Xtra in the Coke Club Cool. Also in years past he found random vending machines near the buses at Epcot & Animal Kingdom where he scored Pibb. A few years ago he had to give up his beloved soda if choice for health reasons. Now he's fully caffeine free. That said, he gets sick to death of Sprite. There's not a lot available for people who can't have caffeine. No, the funky-lemonade-imposter doesn't count.

I did learn the value of grocery ordering when we did need Dr.Pepper. I'd have a case delivered on arrival day. I'm a good little wifey sometimes! :wave:

MissM

Now he's fully caffeine free. That said, he gets sick to death of Sprite. There's not a lot available for people who can't have caffeine. No, the funky-lemonade-imposter doesn't count.
This is SO true. Another reason ginger ale would be a nice addition. (It's always caffeine free.) As someone with migraines, it's important to watch my caffeine intake and generally try to avoid it. (Too much or too little after having too much can cause headaches in normal people and migraines in migraineurs.) It's why I mainly drink water or vitamin water at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom