New Small World Merchandise that makes you go hmmm

wdwmousetales

Original Poster
[FONT=&quot]So I was out at Magic Kingdom on Saturday for a trip and construction report for my site when I came across some really interesting merchandise... three new Small World items that included a mug, magnet and snowglobe. I know Disney is claiming that this rehab is just queue work but that should have been expressed to merchandising because these new items all have Peter Pan in Small World Disneyland doll form along with Alice and the White Rabbit. I don’t know this just makes me go hmmmm.
For these photos and construction photos follow the link below.
[/FONT]http://www.wdwmousetales.com/082110wdwtripreport.html

PS... Can someone tell me how to post a photo from my page to a post. You can send this to me in a private if you like.

Thanks,
Josh
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

SeaCastle

This is very interesting! Thanks for the update. I'm just confused as to what Peter Pan has to do with it's a small world, besides being located across from each other. Regardless I'm glad to see the Magic Kingdom getting some non-generic, unique merchandise.

Dizmentia

Very interesting! This either indicates a change to the Florida version, or Walt Disney World decided to just use Disneyland merchandise artwork and slap the Magic Kingdom name on it. I guess we'll find out!

wdwmousetales

Original Poster
for Seacastle

The new Disneyland version of Small World has doll versions of many of the popular movie characters from Pixar and Disney including Peter Pan, Alice, Toy Story characters and many more.

_Scar

Don't like the idea, but then again I haven't seen it in person.

Hopefully iasw looks flawless upon reopening!

BTW, why can't we copy the exterior of the others?

PeoplemoverTTA

I have to admit, the merch is very cute (I love attraction-themed merchandise). I actually like the idea of subtle character additions to Small World, so I hope this isn't just another case of homogenized "Disney Parks" merchandising, and an actual sign of a little upgrade.

seacastle said:
This is very interesting! Thanks for the update. I'm just confused as to what Peter Pan has to do with it's a small world, besides being located across from each other.

That's a really good point...thematically, it doesn't really work to showcase Peter Pan when his actual attraction is across the way. It'll be interesting to see how this works out.

Disney_Geek

Aw man. I was hoping they'd leave the characters out. I may be in the minority, but I think adding movie characters to existing rides causes the ride to lose some of its charm; for example, when they added Jack Sparrow to Pirates. Oh well, it'll still be a great ride!

Wilt Dasney

Based on absolutely nothing but my gut, I would think it's just a matter of time until MK gets the characters. Despite the initial outcry from some parts of the fan community, I get the impression that the changes have been well received at DL.

JustInTime

We always get merch from DL. No surprise. Just like the Toad shirts. I don't think it means anything. Either way, I want them and I want the mug! :)

Wilt Dasney

We always get merch from DL. No surprise. Just like the Toad shirts. I don't think it means anything. Either way, I want them and I want the mug! :)
Good point...but the Mr. Toad shirts represent a ride that did at one time exist in WDW, so it's not completely random.

That said, I agree with you that merch alone isn't any reason to assume a change is coming. (But I still think it probably is happening anyway.) :lol:

Tigger1988

I don't think it really means anything. I can go buy one of many EPCOT Center shirts, but that doesn't mean the park's name is being changed back. Ya know?

NewfieFan

Good point...but the Mr. Toad shirts represent a ride that did at one time exist in WDW, so it's not completely random.

That said, I agree with you that merch alone isn't any reason to assume a change is coming. (But I still think it probably is happening anyway.) :lol:

Exactly, Mr. Toad shirts I can understand... the ride did exist and it fits in with all the other retro merch!

I don't think it really means anything. I can go buy one of many EPCOT Center shirts, but that doesn't mean the park's name is being changed back. Ya know?

Again, for the same reason posted above... Epcot Center is retro and did exist at one time.

This is just plain weird... either we really are getting DLs merch or there are some changes on the horizon. If it's the first... well, that's just tacky... but if it's the second... cool (I have no problem with the characters being added)!

aladdin2007

This merch has been out for awhile now yet more and more has been trickling out, and I have been saying all along its just a sign of things to come, even though others are stating characters are not happening to small world. But with the ride closed for what almost three months I think..........something more is up than just queue work. Just a thinking off top of head opinion. I guess we will find out soon. It was a big deal at Disneyland but maybe here they are going to do it quietly and blend them in without a lot of press on it so to speak.

MarkTwain

I'm thinking it's just the MK importing merch from Disneyland... I just bought a Matterhorn pin at store in the Magic Kingdom on my last visit.

...at least I just hope that's all it is. :(

JustInTime

I'm thinking it's just the MK importing merch from Disneyland... I just bought a Matterhorn pin at store in the Magic Kingdom on my last visit.

...at least I just hope that's all it is. :(

TDO will not spend that money on an attraction without everyone knowing all about it. It's just DL merch...I agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom