New Seven Seas Lagoon Resort

eddie104

It would be cool if they could revisit the old Persian resort concept.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who designed the 90’s Mediterranean proposal?
I would guess somebody long gone...

The “Mediterranean” proposal was an evolution of the original “Venetian” proposal if I remember? (And I probably don’t)

I’m Glad they never built the others...would have looked tacky under the circumstances

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

What I've heard from enough sources who are not bus drivers or boat drivers is a resort to compete with Four Seasons, as they've lost too much of their ultra luxury market share by allowing them to build on property.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It always felt to me the original SSL concept was to 'travel around the world' via themed resorts, a concept that I think wound up working out a lot better with World Showcase. To revisit that now now would be repetitive.
Exactly
What I've heard from enough sources who are not bus drivers or boat drivers is a resort to compete with Four Seasons, as they've lost too much of their ultra luxury market share by allowing them to build on property.
Which makes zero sense whatsoever.

1. They sold the land and brought in the four seasons specifically to serve the discerning clientele...why?...
2. Disney doesn’t do five star service...3 if you’re lucky. In fact - they try to charge the rate while their employee standards (a pulse) and services commitment (wouldn’t know a concierge if they woke in bed next to one - long story there 🤪 ) aren’t anywhere close to a seasons or a mandarin
3. They have heavily discounted the “deluxe” rooms behind the scenes to conventions and wholesalers for years. They can’t fill them at the prices.
It’s not a coincidence that they have converted between 500 and a 1,000 “deluxe” rooms to dvc via one method of another for the last 10+ years. That isn’t even limited to deluxes anymore.

If you think Disney is “luxury”...I got some beans to sell you.

It’s “expensive” based on reputation and sentimental pull. Those two terms are not synonyms.

Rosso11

Exactly

Which makes zero sense whatsoever.

1. They sold the land and brought in the four seasons specifically to serve the discerning clientele...why?...

This was done because of Prince Alwaleed bin Talal. It’s not a coincidence he owned both the Four Seasons and was the largest investor in Disneyland Paris. And it’s also not a coincidence that at the same time the Four Seasons deal was struck in Florida he was pumping more money into Disneyland Paris to bail them out yet again. Now a few years later things have drastically changed. Disney has fully bought the rights to Paris and the Prince was arrested for corruption. Disney is now free to directly compete with the Four Seasons on the high end if they choose. Is Disney even capable is the real question.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This was done because of Prince Alwaleed bin Talal. It’s not a coincidence he owned both the Four Seasons and was the largest investor in Disneyland Paris. And it’s also not a coincidence that at the same time the Four Seasons deal was struck in Florida he was pumping more money into Disneyland Paris to bail them out yet again. Now a few years later things have drastically changed. Disney has fully bought the rights to Paris and the Prince was arrested for corruption. Disney is now free to directly compete with the Four Seasons on the high end if they choose. Is Disney even capable is the real question.

Yeah...
Except of all the other stuff I wrote. It’s true. I speak from experience in this context.

SeaCastle

Attachments

• 27221011_1.jpg
    27221011_1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 27221011_2.jpg
    27221011_2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 27221011_3.jpg
    27221011_3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 265
  • 27221011_4.jpg
    27221011_4.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 27221011_5.jpg
    27221011_5.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 230
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 244

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh I agree on the rest. I don’t think they are capable of it and I’m not convinced they are ready to try again.
For me the important point is they CHOOSE not to do it. Why get the white gloves out when people will pay $600 for no real service
Anyway?

Doesn’t make any sense
I highly doubt a Persian resort would go over well these days unfortunately.
1969-1979 really changed all that.
90’s. Not 60’s.
The idea of the “world showcase” themed hotels goes waaaaaaaayyyy on back

It’s really no different

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom