News New security measures

Nubs70

The weapons involved are not assault rifles.

An assault rifle must satisfy both the following conditions :
1. Magazine Fed
2. Capable of discharging more than 1 round per pull of trigger.

An AR15 looks like an M16 and its variants but does not satisfy condition 2. Therefore, an AR15 is not an assault rifle but a semiautomatic rifle.

matt9112

Indeed http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/17/world/europe/dunblane-lessons/

As Obama is saying, the USA need to look at their gun laws. Where is the need for anyone to own an assault rifle?

and of course Disney (and the other FL theme parks) added these security checks as handgun owners can't be trusted not to bring weapons into places where weapons should not be carried.

because we have no desiree to be like you europeans. if one thinks so they are free to move there themselves. france has strict laws and look at that. Australia and Britains bans have done nothing to curtail crine. Glasgow smile anyone? parts of london are far more dangerous than chicago in per capita violent crime but the lack of guns mean yay we solved the problen....

photomatt

. If they're still accessible through illegal means, then problem is still the same, just no means of defense.
"The problem is still the same"? Are you sure about that?

Maybe you should consult someone who lives in the UK, Canada, Japan, Australia, or just about any nation in Europe and ask them if the problem is "still the same".

Statistics don't support your statement.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
How is mental instability not the issue here?

The issue is that Isis and their twisted ideology are so strong globally that they continue to inspire people to join their cause

Try to ban one tool and they will just find another. And so on and so on.

I'm not willing to cave to any terrorist group by restricting any of my liberties. Speech, religion, guns. That's exactly what they want.

Jon81uk

because we have no desiree to be like you europeans. if one thinks so they are free to move there themselves. france has strict laws and look at that. Australia and Britains bans have done nothing to curtail crine. Glasgow smile anyone? parts of london are far more dangerous than chicago in per capita violent crime but the lack of guns mean yay we solved the problen....

Its quite hard to kill 50 people in a few minutes using a knife...

photomatt

my ak47 has never killed anybody and god willing it never will.....sooooo.....moot point is moot. scary rifles are scary....uneducated is uneducated.
Why do you bring God into this? Is he/she/it/whatever/none-of-the-above responsible for your actions?

As long as private citizens can own weapons of mass murder, people are going to die.

I think we should do something about this.

matt9112

Has the second amendment been altered at all over the years to take into account the semi/fully automatic weapons that have become more prevelant in modern times ?
Genuine question from across the pond .

Yeah both semi and automatic weapons predate the second amendment....soooo puckle gun ect. sure different mechanism but same effect the founding fathers KNEW weapons capable of discharging lots of munitions in short order exsisted but would likely become more frequent.

also fully automatic weapons are highly regulated in America and a normal citizen would likely never get there hands on one. class 3 stuff.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Why do you bring God into this? Is he/she/it/whatever/none-of-the-above responsible for your actions?

As long as private citizens can own weapons of mass murder, people are going to die.

I think we should do something about this.
As long as you take away all weapons I'm fine with it. It would take us back to the Stone Age but then we would be murdered by rocks? What do we do with all the rocks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom