News New security measures

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
I don't want to fear monger but... There have been posts over the past several months that have cryptically alluded to the rumor that Disney (or FLA tourist attractions) were under a direct threat of terror and that's why the security meanders went up overnight (figuratively speaking). This combined with some sort of resident that lives in Golden Oaks that either enhances the threat or deters them. I would take Spirit because he definitely knows more on this topic but I don't know how.

Matt_Black

ISIS is now claiming responsibility. But let's be distracted about gun laws and avoid the truth. There is a sick ideology that will always find ways to kill westerners no matter what guns laws are in place. London, Paris, Brussels, San Bernadino, Orlando.

By focusing on fundamentalist terrorists, you're ignoring all the mass shootings committed by those who aren't in that group. Sandy Hook, Aurora, Charleston, Colorado Springs, etc. In those case, not once did we question the shooter's religion or ethnic background. We just went, "Welp, mentally ill, nothing to be done."

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
By focusing on fundamentalist terrorists, you're ignoring all the mass shootings committed by those who aren't in that group. Sandy Hook, Aurora, Charleston, Colorado Springs, etc. In those case, not once did we question the shooter's religion or ethnic background. We just went, "Welp, mentally ill, nothing to be done."

It is possible to focus on both.

Kman

If you guys could just stop talking with those hard "a's" and "o's" I'd consider moving there...

(Sorry, attempt at injecting some levity LOL)

Ha ha! Remember...we are Canadians! We are very accepting and would probably make some provisions for you! Don't be such a hoser eh!?!

Jon81uk

Nubs70

There was a change to security screenings today and will be ramping up to become compulsory. WDW1974 mentioned months ago that outside food and beverage would be prohibited and this will be introduced shortly as well.
Outside food and beverage is because of the coolers that the food and beverage is brought inside of. A cooler is an integral part of the preferred non nitrogen based explosive used by Salafists.

Nubs70

Indeed http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/17/world/europe/dunblane-lessons/

As Obama is saying, the USA need to look at their gun laws. Where is the need for anyone to own an assault rifle?

and of course Disney (and the other FL theme parks) added these security checks as handgun owners can't be trusted not to bring weapons into places where weapons should not be carried.
Currently, you can only own an assault rifle if you have passed very specific background checks and hold a specific license.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom