News New security measures

mm121

There's so many things that look bad about this and so many ways it could be improved. First thing the current set up is not bad show and god awful. Second I think that the check point should be removed from the main entrance. All resort guests be dropped off to MK should be screened before leaving the bus dropoff area. All other guest get screened at the TTC.

if the parks were being designed and built from scratch today it would make sense to build them like an airport where once you go thru security at your hotel or at one of the parks or some central parking location, ideally you'd then be able to move park to park without to need to be screened at each location, like at new airports where you can go terminal to terminal airside.

while that would be great in theory, it would be pretty impossible to do without some major redesigning of entrances and transportation networks

drew81

DHoy

Then all they'd worry about is the bag check at the park entry ?
No the bag check would be moved to the security screening all in one. So for monorail and ferry boat they would just go up to the touch points. Resort guests would get screened and checked when leaving the bus terminals. Monorail resort guests would get checked prior to entering the monorail.

FigmentsFangirl

Two questions: will there still be a quicker "no bag" line; and will I have to take out my keys, phone, etc. and stick them in a conveyor bowl?
That's kinda contridictory there,; for example say you dont have a bag to go through the check, through the metal detector you go, or if you do have a bag to check, then its possible that you're all set.

Though I like the idea of maybe having a checkpoint to check the car/scan the car like one of those gasstation car wash machines to scan each car and if you do have weapons you can turn them in upon literal entry to the Disney property itself, not just the parks

Mike Nolan

If they're ruling out 14+ from costumes during MNSSHP, then they're going to lose our business. My kids are 15 and 14 right now and will be 16 and 15 next September. They enjoy dressing up. I'm not dropping $6k+ on the vacation and $700+ on 3 parties just to walk around in normal gear collecting candy. No thanks.

Oh, I'm with you. This upsets me. We've dressed up for five years. If we can't dress up, then what's the damn point?

Daniel Johnson

Go for it. About the only place I don't carry a weapon is Disney. When we went many years ago and stayed on grounds it was the first time I've felt comfortable enough to NOT carry. I have carried pocket knives, but mainly because it's just part of my everyday dress.
Cudos to Disney for the measure. I didn't have time to read the whole thread...amazing how quick it filled up, but I did catch a shot of the scanners on Instagram from @PhotoDave219
Let's enjoy the parks, and not worry about the big bad wolf, at least I'm going to

Jonnydanger

Oh, I'm with you. This upsets me. We've dressed up for five years. If we can't dress up, then what's the damn point?
This entire thing is very un-American. Walt Disney and the founding fathers of our country would be rolling in his grave if he saw how the Eisner's minions was treating Disney guest. In the Isreal, you can't walk into a shopping mall without going into a TSA style security checkpoint. We are suppose to be better than that.

This entire ordeal is very disturbing to me. I guess you can't go there dressed up like a Jedi now either. Innocent little toys will now paint you as a target for the thugs as the CSC security which were actually investigated for assaulting a college student.

This is looking more and more like the 1984 book everyday.

Hopefully in the next few years, we can take back our country from this hysterical absurdity.

Last edited:

barkerbird

This entire thing is very un-American. Walt Disney and the founding fathers of our country would be rolling in his grave if he saw how the Eisner's minions was treating Disney guest. In the Isreal, you can't walk into a shopping mall without going into a TSA style security checkpoint. We are suppose to be better than that.

This entire ordeal is very disturbing to me. I guess you can't go there dressed up like a Jedi now either. Innocent little toys will now paint you as a target for the thugs as the CSC security which were actually investigated for assaulting a college student.

Hopefully in the next few years, we can take back our country from this hysterical absurdity.
If we don't take it back, we will eventually live in the world from Idiocracy (If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it :)).

mm121

No the bag check would be moved to the security screening all in one. So for monorail and ferry boat they would just go up to the touch points. Resort guests would get screened and checked when leaving the bus terminals. Monorail resort guests would get checked prior to entering the monorail.
the biggest issue i see with this is how they'd coordinate the staffing as it would probably cost more and be less efficient to have security screeners stationed in multiple locations rather than having them all grouped together despite how much it could lessen spread out a big crowd by doing it as you suggest
That's kinda contridictory there,; for example say you dont have a bag to go through the check, through the metal detector you go, or if you do have a bag to check, then its possible that you're all set.

Though I like the idea of maybe having a checkpoint to check the car/scan the car like one of those gasstation car wash machines to scan each car and if you do have weapons you can turn them in upon literal entry to the Disney property itself, not just the parks
vehicle scanners that are currently used for some cargo trucks use much higher radiation than normal xray scanners so i dont think they are feasible to use on occupied vehicles

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Those magical security "wands" would work better in my opinion. I live an hour from Carowinds, and it's just a lot easier for security to just say "take everything out of your pockets, thank you. Now put raise your arms." And then continue into the park.. And they have like one person per line with a wand. It just seems like it would be faster than detectors.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I am gonna bow out of this thread, it's moving to fast and filled with to much nonsense. But before I go!!!!!

1. All parks install metal detectors.
2. Costumes are banned
3. Toy guns are banned.

Look at those three things. Put them together and see where it leads you. It leads you a legitimate threat that they want to be able to identify. They want to be able to act quickly and effectively. So by taking away costumes and toy guns, it eliminates any doubt concerning perps. Wearing a mask, that's a problem, get that guy. Carrying what looks like a gun, that's a problem, get that guy.

rucifee

Just so you know, Eisner's been gone for almost 10 years now, and Iger was one of Roy Disney's minions...

dreamfinder

And no one believed me back in October.

Which makes me wonder, will WDW add the "costume" shirts they sell to the list of banned items for the over 14 crowd? Things like this -> http://www.disneystore.com/the-haunted-mansion-host-costume-tee-for-men/mp/1364741/1000228/ and this -> http://www.disneystore.com/chewbacca-costume-hoodie-for-adults-star-wars/mp/1376448/1000219/ (both of which include costume in the item description) While not truly Disneybounding (which is supposed to use normal clothing to bring about the spirit of the character) it really makes you wonder where/how they will draw the line.

s8film40

Those magical security "wands" would work better in my opinion. I live an hour from Carowinds, and it's just a lot easier for security to just say "take everything out of your pockets, thank you. Now put raise your arms." And then continue into the park.. And they have like one person per line with a wand. It just seems like it would be faster than detectors.
This is what Universal is doing and it does look like it might be working better.

During HHN they have a no bag line and they have you take everything out of your pockets and hold it in your hands while they scan you. That seems to be the absolute fastest way to do it, of course that only works with people traveling with less stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom