News New security measures

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It only worked because they screened everyone

What do you want to bet that's what's coming next?

Not sure that's coming here. Disneyland Paris is a completely different situation - France has extended the state of emergency another three months and the New Year's fireworks in Paris were cancelled, so I would expect DLP to screen EVERYONE.

But that, sadly, could change if.......

I, however, want to slap the head of the House Committee on Intelligence for naming WDW, specifically the MK, as one of the three prime targets for a terrorist attack in his new book - and including details on how a bioterror attack would be accomplished. I'll never be able to visit the Tangled bathroom again without being afraid, lol.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Which is sick in itself, considering the reputation of that entity. It's hardly anything anyone with half a brain would want to emulate.

I believe she meant in comparison to what is done, not competence of those doing it.... Yeah, I agree about the TSA. The TSA agent I observed at Hartsfield was more interested in the attractive women in line than the x-ray machine he was supposed to be monitoring. However, the woman manning the full body scanner I wouldn't have messed with.....

s8film40

I believe she meant in comparison to what is done, not competence of those doing it.... Yeah, I agree about the TSA. The TSA agent I observed at Hartsfield was more interested in the attractive women in line than the x-ray machine he was supposed to be monitoring. However, the woman manning the full body scanner I wouldn't have messed with.....
I would say what TSA and what WDW are doing is miles apart.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Wow.. what passes for journalism continues to be in a free fall.. please at least read the ACLU article which is sourced and actually clear on the assertions and materials supporting it
https://www.aclunc.org/blog/dirtbox...eveal-anaheim-s-cellular-surveillance-arsenal

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Gotta say, this "security" is ridiculous, they essentially just pull whatever single male walks through the non-bad check lines and call it a day. Very annoying as I got pulled in the "scanner" at every park I went to. I know its been mentioned before, but this is simply in place to show that they did something to "step-up" security.

On a side note, it wouldn't take much for an evildoer to conduct evil acts anywhere in WDW, think of all the transportation thats not secure, Monorails/Buses/Boats... all along the back of World drive, heck you can through a rock and hit space mountain from World Drive. If Disney is really serious about the security of the Parks, they will address this huge gaps in security as well.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I have no problem with that. I'd rather be safe then some yahoo running around the Magic Kingdom with an AK-47 and grenades.

That yahoo would probably come in through the backstage entrances since they are not as well guarded Just like any other businesses loading docks Bad guys in a comandeered delivery truck would be the most likely scenario

JourneysEnd

That yahoo would probably come in through the backstage entrances since they are not as well guarded Just like any other businesses loading docks Bad guys in a comandeered delivery truck would be the most likely scenario
I would agree with that for a serious terrorist attack. What about the wackos that have been responsible for most of what we've seen in the U.S.?

Travel Junkie

Gotta say, this "security" is ridiculous, they essentially just pull whatever single male walks through the non-bad check lines and call it a day. Very annoying as I got pulled in the "scanner" at every park I went to. I know its been mentioned before, but this is simply in place to show that they did something to "step-up" security.

There is a thread in one of the other subforums where someone claims white females are being profiled. When they decide to do half measures instead everyone or no one, everybody thinks they are their race/gender is being unfairly picked out if they get chosen.

PhotoDave219

There is a thread in one of the other subforums where someone claims white females are being profiled. When they decide to do half measures instead everyone or no one, everybody thinks they are their race/gender is being unfairly picked out if they get chosen.

.... Thats hilarious. Everyone's a victim. A society where the rules apply to everyone but themselves.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

As the events in Paris today prove, screening does serve a purpose. After reading a lot of comments in this thread you world think these security measures never work. Nothing is 100% effective but they do serve a purpose and they do work. The question is whether it is worth the hassle and expense.

I'm just guessing - but I'll bet the folks at Disneyland Paris appreciated these efforts....

On another note: I see that someone suggested a "PreCheck". Not a bad idea, as the concept is being used by the TSA. Consider the combo of AP+DVC holders..... given the investment - what is the threat level of these folks?

PhotoDave219

I'm just guessing - but I'll bet the folks at Disneyland Paris appreciated these efforts....

On another note: I see that someone suggested a "PreCheck". Not a bad idea, as the concept is being used by the TSA. Consider the combo of AP+DVC holders..... given the investment - what is the threat level of these folks?

The AP holders? Uhhhhh.... how honest an answer do you want here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom