New RunDisney Virtual Run

dreamfinder

$40 for a virtual 5k with an unannounced donation to charity is still ridiculous. Ones run by Hogwarts Running Club and the like are usually only about $25 with equally awesome & complex medals, and they end up doing like a $15+ donation to the charity from each entry. How much overhead/profit does rD need for these?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Or outside in the Florida heat and humidity. Galloway's training for 2 Course Challenge starts first of July.

I started working with a personal trainer yesterday for November. I run at a turtle's pace but if I'm going to run all 3 races in 3 days, I need to start now!

jhastings74

Does anyone have any inside info on when they will open registration for this year's series? I've done the last two (missed out on the Star Wars half! :( ) and use these as training bumps in between local 5Ks.

I've checked the runDisney page frequently and it still doesn't even have a specific registration date that I can find.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The Twitter is the only social media platform I use....and only because of runDisney's presence.

The Virtual Shorts page has nothing about registration opening on Thursday.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Ahem, @Tiggerish, my Irish-American cohort, you can get back into the runDisney cult by doing one of the Virtual 5Ks.... 😊

I'm registered for a 5K on April 22...when does this start? Also, the big reason I stopped rD is because they priced me out--is there pricing info for this yet?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
If you're running that pace, you shouldn't be.

I won't have an official race time until after the cut off...the longest official runs I've done are 5ks right now. I wanted to try to get a 10k in before July but I'm not sure that'll happen

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm registered for a 5K on April 22...when does this start? Also, the big reason I stopped rD is because they priced me out--is there pricing info for this yet?

Registration started today for the series ($142) and the June 5k ($40).

LAKid53

Premium Member
I won't have an official race time until after the cut off...the longest official runs I've done are 5ks right now. I wanted to try to get a 10k in before July but I'm not sure that'll happen

You don't have to submit a PoT unless you plan on running a sub 2:45 half. I've started selecting the next time above that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom