New RunDisney Virtual Run

Respo12

So how do the virtual s really work? The June one says complete from 6/1-6/30. When do they mail you the medal? Today, if I register today? On June 1st? On June 30th?

Surferboy567

So how do the virtual s really work? The June one says complete from 6/1-6/30. When do they mail you the medal? Today, if I register today? On June 1st? On June 30th?

You complete the race, and they mail it to you (not sure when though) I'd imagine it is after the June 30th Date though.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

The June race is sold out, so you'd have to choose either the July or August Virtual 5k.

Register now. You just need to run a 5K sometime between the 1st and last of the month. Once completed, visit the finishers page on the runDisney virtual race website to enter your name and date you completed the 5k.

I do the Challenge and all 4 medals are mailed together with other goodies. But I can't remember if that's after I complete the first virtual race.

Respo12

The June race is sold out, so you'd have to choose either the July or August Virtual 5k.

Register now. You just need to run a 5K sometime between the 1st and last of the month. Once completed, visit the finishers page on the runDisney virtual race website to enter your name and date you completed the 5k.

I do the Challenge and all 4 medals are mailed together with other goodies. But I can't remember if that's after I complete the first virtual race.

What are all the goodies? The challenge says you get a finisher keepsake too. What’s that?

LAKid53

Premium Member
What are all the goodies? The challenge says you get a finisher keepsake too. What’s that?

It changes from year to year. Last year the goodies were a reusable ice pack and a resistance band. The previous year, a microfiber towel. Should be some nice Marvel swag.

HiJe

Hello, maybe I'm missing something, but can someone provide the link where you submit your time for the virtual race? I seem to be lost.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thank you very much. I found that one and entered my time there. I was worried that it might just be to make your own finishers certificate. Thanks again for the help!!!

It is a tad confusing....

Surferboy567

Looks like today is the day...

Attachments

• AA5B4DF1-003B-4414-9687-592F631FF8D8.jpeg
    AA5B4DF1-003B-4414-9687-592F631FF8D8.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 335

Greenlawler

I see where they have dropped hints to next medal theme.

I might actually sign up. How quickly should I sign up and how much was it last summer?

LAKid53

Premium Member
I see where they have dropped hints to next medal theme.

I might actually sign up. How quickly should I sign up and how much was it last summer?

The entire series was about $155, with tax and service fee. Registration opened in May, but I was able to register when registered in April for the Half Marathon during Marathon weekend.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Sounds like they are basing it on attractions this year....

My guess is we get a Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Space Mountain, and Flight of Passage?

runDisney put the theme up for vote and Park Attractions received the most votes. I would hope an attraction from each park for the races and challenge medal.

RememberWhen

Has anybody done a virtual race with kids? We’d like to do the 5k in November, but thought some good training for it for our 8 yo would be a virtual race over the summer. The fun of getting a medal without all the crowds. Any thoughts? Crazy? Plus we can push the toddler in the stroller here and at Disney we need another adult to stay with her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom