New Rumor

Fun2BFree

It is okay guys,
We'll find out eventually,
Merf'll tell - but when?

I don't even know if there were the correct number of syllables, but there you go. :zipit: :lol:

S.E.A.

well it's obviously Mt. Fuji. I mean it's a freakin haiku about a lost dust-covered mound (hello double meaning!) that will reborn the skyline of 'world' (showcase! (which happens to be one of the more noticeable skylines in WDW)) and will be high rising (it's a freakin mountain). Heck they could even have the OLC pay for it and such.
Why-For-1013-N-web.jpg

Why-For-1013-L-web.jpg

Why-For-1013-M-web.jpg

Now the big question is whether or not they'll build the Swiss Pavillion beside Italy with the Matterhorn to visually balance out that reborn skyline.

Slide0125.jpg

TP2000

well it's obviously Mt. Fuji.... Heck they could even have the OLC pay for it and such.

Just curious, but why would a Japanese property development and financial services firm sponsor a pavilion in a country where they sell no product? :confused:

OLC isn't selling dishwashers or soda pop, they sell homes and property to build industrial/shipping complexes on near Tokyo. They also manage convenience stores, bus lines and taxis, real estate agencies, and other sundry infrastructure services. They would have no need to sponsor something in a country where none of their customers live, and those that do live there have no ability to buy what they sell.

minnie61650

A hint, in a poem:

Lost, dust covered Mound
Reborn on skyline of World
High rising - but when?

:)

I think World could mean anywhere on the property of Walt Disney World.
Other than that I have no clue.
My first thought was the new tower at the CR.
I am hoping that is really going to be a new attraction or one of the original resorts that was planned before WDW opened.

Merf ---Could you please add another clue?

BRER STITCH

HURRAY!!!

Finally...the new "Harry Potter VS. The Villans" Fifth Gate!!!

I heard it right here, so it must be true!

GO TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS MOUSERMERF TOLD YOU!!!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

:lookaroun

dhlcla

Mt. Fuji? Would they do another mountain so soon after EE?

Here...I'll throw another iron on the fire....what about something to do with referb of River Country?

What ever it would be...it would has to be something big enough to counter the Potter thing....:veryconfu

Mt. Fuji, won't happen guys, simply because there isn't enough room behind there anymore. maybe 25 years ago there was but now the backstage area is pretty much filling up to its capacity. I work in epcot and see the back of japan everyday, like the idea but it won't happen. As for WOL theres a possibility in that, but for the next year or so, it will only be used for conferencing and world showcase events, such as wine and food or the flower and garden.

A little bit of information that might interest some people is that the UK pavillion is taking over the Great beers of the world stand in between canada and UK but not until December 14th. And i'm afraid the half yards aren't coming back but a 22oz Rose and Crown Pint Glass will be available, with a special refilling price.

My guess is Fuji...

Would this be in response to the over sized hotels being put in Bonnett Creek? There were questions that the hotels would destroy the World Showcase skyline and the mountain may be used to block the sight lines.

Correct me if Japan is not in line with BCR. I am not 100% sure on the geography

Merf... Am I Close?

Epcot82Guy

A few things to point out.

While the space behind Japan isn't as large as one may think, there is space, and there is a lot more space next to the pavilion.

Note the haiku makes the direct statement "reborn". This may be more important than you think in that our little mound may not be the original roller coaster planned and, if not a coaster, may be a smaller footprint and height than the towering 200' Mt. Fuji.

MythBuster

There is already a project going on called REBIRTH:JAPAN but it was involving the new restaurant and new paint job and structual work. Unless there is more to the project that I haven't heard of yet.

Patsc85

As much as I hope its not, I think its the new DVC tower at Contemporary. How anti-climatic! But all the epcot ideas would be so awesome!!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well, first off.. why would i think the Contemporary DVC is a new rumor?

But yes, someone said they're looking at large objects behind japan again.

And mind you, look at that concept art. It's installed overtop of the meet the world building. It will fit in the plot of land - it will just look like it wont.

Rosso11

Well "Spirit of 74" ,who is very reputable for news, said this over at Laughingplace yesterday:

"I will say it is VERY likely you'll see something VERY large appear behind Japan, but no timeline."

I'm going go with Mt Fuji on this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom