New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
well...what do they expect when the GE is literally a battle scarred planet that is fairly lifeless... There are no kinetics to the area... just petrified trees and rocks...all other set piece3s are stationary and there is little color... It is almost too movie-set like to it's detriment...
It doesn't feel fun...
Perhaps if they third attraction had been built and there was something moving, it would help...

But it's fun if you love splashed concrete!

UNCgolf

Do you think most visitors really enjoy the environment of Galaxy’s Edge more than Toy Story Land?

I would say yes, even though I think Galaxy's Edge is bland. Toy Story Land is just awful in almost every way -- even my friends with young kids (as well as my younger nephews) say they don't love it. I don't think they really care much about Galaxy's Edge either, though.

Last edited:

WDWYankee15

Like eating in the queue of Toy Story Mania. Hopefully it isn't.
That's what it looked like to me. Not horrible at all, but it just feels like I've already experienced this venue, just while standing in line. It is just not unique. I think I would like it a lot more if I hadn't "been there, done that" before. So well done, yet disappointing, if that makes sense.

Cmdr_Crimson

Do you think most visitors really enjoy the environment of Galaxy’s Edge more than Toy Story Land?
This made more sense and better than Osbornes Spectical of a Galaxy Far Far Away..
caca2f57e2bab346bd9940834c464f41--walt-disney-world-disney-worlds.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

I will pretend I understand what that sentence means!
Simply put, Streets of America was better it was only two months out of the year it was constantly busy in that corner....The rest of the year it was fairly quiet and never crowded..Even when LMA was back there...

castlecake2.0

well...what do they expect when the GE is literally a battle scarred planet that is fairly lifeless... There are no kinetics to the area... just petrified trees and rocks...all other set piece3s are stationary and there is little color... It is almost too movie-set like to it's detriment...
It doesn't feel fun...
Perhaps if they third attraction had been built and there was something moving, it would help...
The lack of kinetics kills it, nothing moves or does anything, it all just sits there. Compare that to Magic Kingdom where almost anywhere you stand you can see something coming to life. The star tours queue has more interest than the entire exterior space of GE

Bocabear

Obviously everyone hates Pirates since the town is literally burning down
Kinetics dear....Everything in that scene is filled with motion and music. now if the town had burned down 5 years ago and there were just scorched buildings and no music or animatronics or flames or moving clouds, I would get your response.....

J4546

Kinetics dear....Everything in that scene is filled with motion and music. now if the town had burned down 5 years ago and there were just scorched buildings and no music or animatronics or flames or moving clouds, I would get your response.....
Aka kali river rapids?

StantonZ

I don't think we ate anything at all at Hollywood Studios on our last two trips there. It has by far the least to do of any of the four parks, so we generally ate breakfast somewhere, went there for late morning through the afternoon, then went to Disney Springs to eat dinner somewhere. Not eating there certainly doesn't make me feel like I'm missing anything.
I might agree with breakfast (although H&V is plenty good), but if you haven't had lunch/dinner at Mama Melrose's (and like Italian), you are really missing out. In fact, one of my favorite "snacks" in all of WDW is the Blue/Green milk (yes, both) at GE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom