New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

JustInTime

I know it’s not going to happen but part of me hopes they stealth open the runaway railway...yes I know a pipe dream.

Seriously my predictions are:
1.) Indy Update
2.) B & B Update
3.) Some minor thing
4.) Longshot prediction: New land (this is why I said longshot)
5.) RR Retheme

I think BB update would make me happy. Pipe dream would be an entire new attraction! If there is another announcement, it will at least as big as the restaurant

mm121

Theoretically, they got 1.4 acres to play with before demoing any other buildings beside the two that are obviously going to be coming down. Here's the chance for a TSL playground and water pad.

C'mon WDW. A TSL playground and water pad is right there. A no-brainer. Do it. Just... do it.

View attachment 368368

Also, Google Earth 3D is now updated to this January, 2019!!
Agreed they should definitely fill in all available space.

No need to waste valuable back stage space with Surface parking.

Casper Gutman

TSL’s been getting shade from these forums since 2015.
Oh, it’s been getting shade a lot longer than that. When TSL opened in the overseas parks, these boards were unanimous in mocking them as the worst Disney had to offer. It was only when TSL was announced for WDW that some posters suddenly realized the genius of the concept.

MGM needs a new table service (and new shows, more rides, more overall capacity, etc.) and TSL needs a larger food location. That doesn’t mean TSL needs a table service - it absolutely doesn’t, its the worst place they could put a table service.

P.S. Dinoland is a much better area then TSL.

Surferboy567

Oh, it’s been getting shade a lot longer than that. When TSL opened in the overseas parks, these boards were unanimous in mocking them as the worst Disney had to offer. It was only when TSL was announced for WDW that some posters suddenly realized the genius of the concept.

MGM needs a new table service (and new shows, more rides, more overall capacity, etc.) and TSL needs a larger food location. That doesn’t mean TSL needs a table service - it absolutely doesn’t, its the worst place they could put a table service.

I very much enjoyed my time in TSL.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I don’t remember too many people going on about the genius of the concept. There was a ton of pessimism, especially after they made some cuts. The only hope i consistently remember seeing was the rides were going to be a bit better than the overseas versions of the land and a bit of a plus to the theme. Also, I remember there was a bump in positivity when the land opened as many were pleasantly surprised. That was followed by a bit of a fall off when the no shade thing really became evident.

Now, they are adding something back near the entrance that was basically on the original plans anyways.

flyerjab

I very much enjoyed my time in TSL.

Toy Story Land is such a fun and enjoyable experience. This just makes it a more full experience. It now has: 3 rides - 1 is a very popular dark/shooter ride, the 2nd a great family coaster and the 3rd a more kid friendly one; 2 eateries - 1 QS with totchos and the 2nd a new fully immersive TS. What’s more is this is going in one of the areas that were cut from the original concept art. So another small expansion to this new area. There is also great streetmosphere here. That should not be overlooked. There is an abundance of movement in this land which I absolutely love - motion and movement everywhere. And this land really shines at night. This just makes it even better.

awoogala

loved tsl. I do not understand why everyone hates the idea of a t.s. in it. There is already a q.s. (now, you can argue a q.s. with barely passable seating/shade isn't enough, but still). Why is everyone so anti-t.s. on here? I'm on vacation. I want to sit down, be served, and have a.c..If I want fast food, I can do that any day at home.

Kman101

I mean it certainly fits thematically. If you don’t like the theme, you don’t like the land as a whole. Guests seem to think TSL is a hit. This will absolutely improve guest reviews as it’s air-conditioned. I know we will eat here.

An air conditioned restaurant is nice but only for those lucky enough to get a table ;) Again, I wish it were just a new large quick-service open to all. Can they add a store while they're at it?

Flynnwriter

The concept is Toy Story Land. You describe Woody’s Lunch Box but at least this will have a/c. Honestly this is the only aesthetic that makes sense in the overall land.

Does this really need to devolve into another “I hate TSL!” thread? It’s exhausting. This was objectively needed and is an appropriate choice for the land. It’s not earth-shattering, but it fills a purpose and will be popular.

Those who turn their noses at TSL can still eat at Hollywood Brown.

Just because I think a restaurant rendering looks like a crappy concept, does not mean I hate TSL. I actually like the mini-land and find the art direction charming! Eating inside a box with just more oversized s*i$ is not captivating like Sci-fi or prime time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom