New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

CJR

I mean it certainly fits thematically. If you don’t like the theme, you don’t like the land as a whole. Guests seem to think TSL is a hit. This will absolutely improve guest reviews as it’s air-conditioned. I know we will eat here.

I might or might not, personally, depends on family (and where else we'd prefer to eat at, Sci-fi's in the park still), but it's hard to dislike this. What is it replacing again? It's an addition, so it's a win. An air conditioned addition too, double win.

AND - if someone doesn't like it, it's a win, because it's more room for them in another restaurant or attraction.

Club Cooloholic

I mean it certainly fits thematically. If you don’t like the theme, you don’t like the land as a whole. Guests seem to think TSL is a hit. This will absolutely improve guest reviews as it’s air-conditioned. I know we will eat here.
A hit? Or just the fact it is something new after years of nothing. I think you could put a few trampolines and an inflatable slide and there would have been people lining up.

YodaMan

Any chance that they work on the entrance to the land as well? The lack of theming still bothers me. Never expected anything spectacular, but still wish there was some hint that you’re beginning to shrink down to toy size instead of just turning a corner and being in Andy’s backyard.

Timothy_Q

Would've preferred this new location to be quick service, then turn the Lunchbox and seating area into a small store or playground

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

It’s been very successful for a family-friendly land. It was never meant to be Batuu or Pandora.
Well, it kind of depends on what you mean by “never meant.” Unless I’m mistaken, for quite awhile the plans for the Studio redo included more then SWL and a kiddie land - so yes, at one point it was meant to be a much more substantial addition.

And how are we judging the success of TSL?

In any case, getting a new table service in MGM is good, though I wish it was going literally anywhere else - I’d love the HTH dining room or the SWL restaurant cut at the last minute. This fits TSL’s aesthetic - it’s just that that aesthetic is massively underwhelming as a whole. The art reminds me of the restaurants at the LEGO parks and hotels.

JustInTime

Well, it kind of depends on what you mean by “never meant.” Unless I’m mistaken, for quite awhile the plans for the Studio redo included more then SWL and a kiddie land - so yes, at one point it was meant to be a much more substantial addition.

And how are we judging the success of TSL?

In any case, getting a new table service in MGM is good, though I wish it was going literally anywhere else - I’d love the HTH dining room or the SWL restaurant cut at the last minute. This fits TSL’s aesthetic - it’s just that that aesthetic is massively underwhelming as a whole. The art reminds me of the restaurants at the LEGO parks and hotels.
Sold out morning events. Impossible to get fast passes. 3 hour long waits during slow season. It seems the average guest loves it. I even liked it.

WDWYankee15

To those saying this is what they'll do with Galaxy's Edge, I think they won't. Due to the hotel having a similar TS. If ya wanna sit down and eat, gotta book a stay.
They would be missing a huge revenue sort by not putting in a table service restaurant in SW:GE. If they really want to rake it in, they would a character component to it and charge a bunch. You think “Princess” dining is expensive???.... 🤣

Joeamc

Usually the concept art is big and bold before eventually being dialed back. 2D flats of characters are a bit disappointing.

Why not do a true Pizza Planet? Would fit in more with the carnival like vibe of TSL.
I think the theme of Toy Story Land was supposed to be Andy's Backyard. I know, probably could have done more with the whole toy story "universe", but as I understand it, that was the Disney's Imagineers intentions. So I'm thinking, this restaurant being BBQ, it kind of fits into the whole "Andy's Backyard" theming of the land. Probably will have hamburgers, ribs and such.

Surferboy567

I think the theme of Toy Story Land was supposed to be Andy's Backyard. I know, probably could have done more with the whole toy story "universe", but as I understand it, that was the Disney's Imagineers intentions. So I'm thinking, this restaurant being BBQ, it kind of fits into the whole "Andy's Backyard" theming of the land. Probably will have hamburgers, ribs and such.

Yep the theme of the land is supposed to be Andy's Backyard...so that's why the playset the restaurant is western/mania queue themed. Andy just threw everything he had together into an area. When he went on a trip the Toys took over and invited us "honorary toys" into the area. It already broke theme though since the toys in Bonnie's room shouldn't be there...but they are great characters I want in the land so I'll let that slide same thing with TS4 since it's all Bonnie and not Andy.

Thebolt

A lot of the structures in Pixar place don't look structural. I wonder if they could join enough bits there to build an Als Toy Barn frontage (at an angle across to Joffreys) and have a large merch store using the Pixar Place real estate?

It would bring the entrance to the land forward quite a bit, but with some imagineering and the new TS restaurant, it could help flesh out the whole land.
Maybe they could re-re-route the Midway Mania exit out through the old entrance and into the retail opportunity.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Still bugs me why Andy has Bonnie's Toys in Midway Mania and now in the restaurant as well.....This IMO should be Bonnie's backyard...Andy is in College and gave them to her...
but-thats-just-me-tho.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom