New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

SplashJacket

Isnt it supposed to look like something a child drew and constructed? From that small glimpse, looks about right.
I'd honestly prefer them to choose a cheap theme and execute it properly, then choose an expensive theme and execute it poorly.

Movie studio park, Animal Kingdom, and TSL have themes friendly to penny-pinching.

That said, poor execution of a cheap theme is a disaster.

Casper Gutman

Isnt it supposed to look like something a child drew and constructed? From that small glimpse, looks about right.
Perhaps it’s unfair, but it doesn’t really look to me like a child drew it. It looks like it was drawn by a skilled artist told to make it look like a child drew it. It’s a subtle distinction and I’d be hard-pressed to identify why it feels that way, but it’s annoying.

dreday3

Perhaps it’s unfair, but it doesn’t really look to me like a child drew it. It looks like it was drawn by a skilled artist told to make it look like a child drew it. It’s a subtle distinction and I’d be hard-pressed to identify why it feels that way, but it’s annoying.

I can't disagree with how it makes you feel!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That art….

Hey, I was asked to draw those by none other then Bob Chapek himself! :cry:

😂

I agree. Maybe they could have used that legendary Disney Synergy Machine©️ and asked some Pixar animators to assist and help it look like it came from Andy. But what do I know.

Drdcm

Is it because the characters are drawn with parts of them extending beyond the window frame in a way that indicates the “drawing” was well planned - something that a small child could never organically grasp when drawing on a piece of cardboard?

Casper Gutman

Is it because the characters are drawn with parts of them extending beyond the window frame in a way that indicates the “drawing” was well planned - something that a small child could never organically grasp when drawing on a piece of cardboard?
Great observation. And the ostentatiously “childish” coloring that fails to fill the space also never goes outside the lines.

If I were more favorably disposed to the land and restaurant, I’d be inclined to give it the benefit of the doubt. As is, it seems twee, cloying, and cheaply artificial.

Drdcm

Great observation. And the ostentatiously “childish” coloring that fails to fill the space also never goes outside the lines.

If I were more favorably disposed to the land and restaurant, I’d be inclined to give it the benefit of the doubt. As is, it seems twee, cloying, and cheaply artificial.
I’m indifferent to the land, so it doesn’t really bother me. But, I agree it looks off. Weirdly, as you mention, the coloring is in the lines. But, the “lines” themselves are sloppy and don’t intersect correctly in some places.

jeanericuser001

Imagineering must have an amazing budget if this is their idea for an exterior. Then again this is a kid's idea of what a cool western restaurant should look like. Curious about those portions though. Should I be expecting deli sliced portions, standard turkey leg, or flintstones bbq? hmm

Patcheslee

I’m indifferent to the land, so it doesn’t really bother me. But, I agree it looks off. Weirdly, as you mention, the coloring is in the lines. But, the “lines” themselves are sloppy and don’t intersect correctly in some places.
It will be interesting to see if they replicate his handwriting as well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Imagineering must have an amazing budget if this is their idea for an exterior. Then again this is a kid's idea of what a cool western restaurant should look like. Curious about those portions though. Should I be expecting deli sliced portions, standard turkey leg, or flintstones bbq? hmm
Paper plates with your meal drawn on with crayon.

Dan Deesnee

It's not that, it's the fact that the near entirety of the outside theming is basically a giant vinyl sticker on a flat surface.

Do you really think that's acceptable for a place that charges thousands of dollars for families to come and then charges you equally ridiculous prices to eat at establishments like the one being discussed?

aladdin2007

Just a guess but this is looking like and is going to be like dining in a kindergarten cafeteria , yikes no thanks, it will be a zoo.
I really wanted to like the entire land from the beginning, but its just been a awful bottle neck of people in gridlock. This will worsen it.
families with kids will eat it up though, which is the whole point and aim, I guess. Maybe it will help relieve some openings in the other table service locations.

Jambo Dad

I will withhold judgment until I experience it, but it seems like they missed an opportunity to lean into Woodys Round Up. It is reasonable that Andy would have a DVD of the episodes, and they could be played on ‘giant’ DVD players in the dining room. The could have a vibe similar to ‘50’s Primetime’ but in theme, and rely less on flat child art for everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom