New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

J4546

Rather than using a carboard box as a design inspiration it might have been nicer to have used a western town play set... Lincoln Logs...almost anything... Or just do a fully themed Pizza Planet. This looks cheap and I know it wasn't, but I guess they feel it matches the land...which is a pretty low bar. For contrast look what they did with Flo's V8 Cafe in California... This restaurant should have been at least this nice.View attachment 692803
I agree the western town playset look that was in the original concept art looked better for sure, but I dont hate this design, really just waiting to see how the food is. And also CarsLand is just so good throughout, probably my fave single IP themed lands built and Ive never seen Cars

Bocabear

I agree the western town playset look that was in the original concept art looked better for sure, but I dont hate this design, really just waiting to see how the food is. And also CarsLand is just so good throughout, probably my fave single IP themed lands built and Ive never seen Cars
In person it is even better than it looks in pictures... They got it completely right. It is a shame they have not been able to bring that same sense of scale, wonder, and imaginative whimsy to any of the new additions at WDW

Bocabear

to me, both of those lands lack whimsy and fun..(Remember fun?).especially Batuu... Pandora is at least colorful and has some imaginative designs and plant forms...
Batuu seems to be the worst offender to me... Completely joyless. Yes it is big and they did a great job with the rocks, but it just doesn't feel fun...

James Alucobond

Batuu seems to be the worst offender to me... Completely joyless. Yes it is big and they did a great job with the rocks, but it just doesn't feel fun...
I’m not the target audience, but I think they’re just going for a different version of fun. There’s basically an entirely separate market that gets giddy over the kind of slavish devotion to source material that makes Galaxy’s Edge what it is. Philosophically, being built to BE Star Wars is just fundamentally different from building something to be a park filled with eclectic amusement.

Patcheslee

I dunno... the drawing itself is... fine... I think my issue is that it just looks cheep (especially for Disney). It looks like a big vinyl sticker put on a flat surface. It feels like they made the minimum effort to try and convey what they want to convey. My kids have built enough with discarded cardboard boxes that I feel like if that's what they are going for, there should at least be some dimensionality. Maybe some crudely cut out "windows" or an awning that looks like a piece of cardboard duck taped to the front of the building held up with string or pencils... I dunno, I guess I'll just need to wait until when it's all done to see what (if anything else) is added...
We took larger boxes, opened both ends, got inside and rolled them like tank tracks. Fond memories of playing chicken with cousins to see who was going to roll over who lol

dreday3

In person it is even better than it looks in pictures... They got it completely right. It is a shame they have not been able to bring that same sense of scale, wonder, and imaginative whimsy to any of the new additions at WDW

The addition to France in Epcot is very well done. So much fun, so many details. Plus a great ride. :)
***edited because I reused the word "spectacular". 😂

I think Batuu looks amazing. Yes, it feels desolate, but that's the feel I get from the movies/shows, so I think they inadvertently got that part right.

ToTBellHop

The addition to France in Epcot is very well done. So much fun, so many details. Plus a great ride. :)
***edited because I reused the word "spectacular". 😂

I think Batuu looks amazing. Yes, it feels desolate, but that's the feel I get from the movies/shows, so I think they inadvertently got that part right.
Agreed on both, honestly. Many of us were critical of Rat during construction but in person, for me, it works. It makes my day at Epcot better.

As for Batuu, it was bizarre to spend so much money building it and then cut on entertainment at the end. If it had stunt shows and droids all around, I’d be much happier. I already like the rides a lot.

My kids like the new MB+ game.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Opening date set for Roundup Rodeo BBQ at Disney's Hollywood Studios and a first look at the menu​

Roundup-Rodeo-BBQ_Full_50139.jpg

J4546

new food at DHS and new coaster at MK opening in FL and new ToonTown with MMRR opening in CA all in the next couple months, pretty swell imo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom