New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

UNCgolf

Honest question,will it be more like flametree or polite pig in price and menu

As a table service restaurant it'll likely be closer to Polite Pig in terms of price/menu, but I can't imagine the quality will be even remotely close to Polite Pig. Polite Pig is better than most of Disney's table service restaurants.

The menu will probably be smaller too, as Disney likes to offer a only a small handful of options at most restaurants now.

Last edited:

celluloid

Perhaps it’s unfair, but it doesn’t really look to me like a child drew it. It looks like it was drawn by a skilled artist told to make it look like a child drew it. It’s a subtle distinction and I’d be hard-pressed to identify why it feels that way, but it’s annoying.

Too clean. They should have had kids enter their drawings and blew them up.

James Alucobond

They obviously don't look accurately child-like, but they are fairly consistent with the way Andy's drawings are presented in the movies. He rarely goes outside the lines in most of what we see. I do think it might've helped to not do such a harsh black outline, though. Often, kids just outline with the fill color.
1673920050178.png

lazyboy97o

They obviously don't look accurately child-like, but they are fairly consistent with the way Andy's drawings are presented in the movies. He rarely goes outside the lines in most of what we see. I do think it might've helped to not do such a harsh black outline, though. Often, kids just outline with the fill color.
View attachment 692599
This gets into the issue of different mediums having different requirements. What works mostly in passing in a movie is not going to be the same as something static that people can stop and observe.

James Alucobond

This gets into the issue of different mediums having different requirements. What works mostly in passing in a movie is not going to be the same as something static that people can stop and observe.
Fair enough. I bring up accuracy because I otherwise find it a bit difficult to be objective about the land. It's not something I personally find all that aesthetically appealing, even in the source films.

MrPromey

Imagineering must have an amazing budget if this is their idea for an exterior. Then again this is a kid's idea of what a cool western restaurant should look like. Curious about those portions though. Should I be expecting deli sliced portions, standard turkey leg, or flintstones bbq? hmm
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say Lego portions.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The forumites doth protest too much, methinks.
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. These words are uttered by Macbeth after he hears of Lady Macbeth's death, in Act 5, scene 5, lines 16–27.

Even though the location hasn't opened, its totality has been completely analyzed by conjecture.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I dunno... the drawing itself is... fine... I think my issue is that it just looks cheep (especially for Disney). It looks like a big vinyl sticker put on a flat surface. It feels like they made the minimum effort to try and convey what they want to convey. My kids have built enough with discarded cardboard boxes that I feel like if that's what they are going for, there should at least be some dimensionality. Maybe some crudely cut out "windows" or an awning that looks like a piece of cardboard duck taped to the front of the building held up with string or pencils... I dunno, I guess I'll just need to wait until when it's all done to see what (if anything else) is added...

UNCgolf

I think it more or less fits in with the rest of Toy Story Land, so I don't think it's necessarily a failure from that perspective. If someone likes the TSL design, this should be fine.

But the whole aesthetic/design of Toy Story Land was flawed from the start IMO, so it still looks very bad to me.

Bocabear

Rather than using a carboard box as a design inspiration it might have been nicer to have used a western town play set... Lincoln Logs...almost anything... Or just do a fully themed Pizza Planet. This looks cheap and I know it wasn't, but I guess they feel it matches the land...which is a pretty low bar. For contrast look what they did with Flo's V8 Cafe in California... This restaurant should have been at least this nice.
1673978098670.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom