New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

ToTBellHop

I think it looks better than Hollywood and Vine (but I understand character dining is very popular) but this won’t hold a candle to Sci-Fi or ‘50s. This particular park already excels in themed dining and restaurants that opened over 30 years ago will look cooler and “more-Disney” than this. There is a reason Sci-Fi is still so hard to book, and it isn’t amazing food (although I do think the food has improved there a bit).

The only hope this place has is to serve food like Whispering Canyon has. And, honestly, similar antics from the CMs would also fit.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
I Create & Design, Build, and Open restaurants, bars, markets etc. for a living and after have done 65+ the shear fact that the inside looks like that and it can't open in the next 30 days is staggering. We all know there is a major staffing issue in all sectors today, especially culinary, but they rather not open than pay proper wages. This build out could have been done in 9 months from when walls and roof where placed.

When will Imagineering and PR learn to talk teach other and delay announcements until work has already started like Universal? The disfunction of old regime management day to day in the parks is shocking as well. Too many heads or a Hydra looking to all do separate things. It's things like a simple BBQ restaurant with plywood cutouts taking 5 years to complete is why Epic Universe will smack Disney down.

I have been a life long hard core Disney fan all my life and will continue to be one. But, I am starting to get a sore neck from all the head shaking nonsense. I went to Disney for a week in September and spent 12k, stared at my phone the whole time on Genie+ and ate some really poor food. But that smile on my kids face...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm excited for TSL to get another venue with a roof. Does that count?
One that’s $70 a head and you won’t be able to get into?

Only if you're willing to pay the premium for the luxury of AC and shelter in this land.

It's taken 5 years to fix a problem they created (not enough dining and seating capacity) and the solution involves having the consumer spend more money. How can WDI be so bad at their job when there's decades of knowledge for how to design stuff right the first time?
Management. From the corner of dwarf level all the way down. It’s been at least 20 years of this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think it looks better than Hollywood and Vine (but I understand character dining is very popular) but this won’t hold a candle to Sci-Fi or ‘50s. This particular park already excels in themed dining and restaurants that opened over 30 years ago will look cooler and “more-Disney” than this. There is a reason Sci-Fi is still so hard to book, and it isn’t amazing food (although I do think the food has improved there a bit).

The only hope this place has is to serve food like Whispering Canyon has. And, honestly, similar antics from the CMs would also fit.
50’s needs a reboot…menu wise - at least.

Management would NEVER build a scifi or prime time or brown derby today…

No chance. Hilton restaurants and crapeterias

Casper Gutman

A toy based eatery is going to be garish, but just think of all the incredibly imaginative things you could do with the premise "restaurant built out of toys" - the unique, wild architecture, unexpected structures, witty little jokes. Maybe one section is a doll house, perhaps another is a GI-Joe style playset. Everything is at odd angles. In-jokes galore.

Instead we get another of TSL's shockingly boring interiors, low-ceilingned warehouse rooms with IP characters smacked unimaginatively on the wall. Toy Story isn't a theme, its an excuse.

Periodic reminder that they are opening this and not a full service cantina in SWL.

ToTBellHop

Those photos aren't flattering.

It looks almost aggressively unwelcoming; like it would not be a pleasant place to sit inside and eat. I think this would work much better as a QS location where people would only be there for a relatively brief period of time.
I was also thinking it should be a QSR. It looks like a place to eat chickie nuggies while picking your next Lightning Lane. Not a place to drop $200 on burgers for your fam of 4. I feel a migraine coming on.

RobWDW1971

A toy based eatery is going to be garish, but just think of all the incredibly imaginative things you could do with the premise "restaurant built out of toys" - the unique, wild architecture, unexpected structures, witty little jokes. Maybe one section is a doll house, perhaps another is a GI-Joe style playset. Everything is at odd angles. In-jokes galore.

Instead we get another of TSL's shockingly boring interiors, low-ceilingned warehouse rooms with IP characters smacked unimaginatively on the wall. Toy Story isn't a theme, its an excuse.

Periodic reminder that they are opening this and not a full service cantina in SWL.
This is the same company who had the entire Star Wars universe from which to choose plus limitless imagined environments/planets to create the world's first Star Wars restaurant.

What did we get? What did they choose from those limitless exciting options?

Eating in shipping containers.

As a fan of both Star Wars and themed dining, this should have been an amazing Disney theme park experience. Walked in one time, ate lunch, and have never been back.

That's what we're dealing with now.

JustInTime

It still looks like eating in the queue of Toy Story Mania. Is that a good thing? Anyone excited for this one?
It matches the land. It would be weird if it were different. It looks like Andy made it. Now, the debate of the style of the land is another issue…

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

This is the same company who had the entire Star Wars universe from which to choose plus limitless imagined environments/planets to create the world's first Star Wars restaurant.

What did we get? What did they choose from those limitless exciting options?

Eating in shipping containers.

As a fan of both Star Wars and themed dining, this should have been an amazing Disney theme park experience. Walked in one time, ate lunch, and have never been back.

That's what we're dealing with now.
I went to ooga’s for 30 Minutes in June…

Just a non sequitur…I’ll leave it at that 🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom