New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

erasure fan1

thats just a negative pov imo. Stuff tkes a long time, always has. DHS has gotten GE, TSL, MMRR all in the last few years so just chill out
Sure things take time. But Disney is beyond ridiculous when it comes to dragging their feet. A company like Disney should be able to complete a restaurant like this in 9 to 12 months in my opinion. It should have been included at the opening of the land just like a star wars table service. So I don't think saying this should be done is a negative take at all. Disney deserves all the criticism it gets when it comes to this.

Indy_UK

Yes Disney are incredibly slow at building things but blimey, I think people need to chill out a bit. DLRP hasn’t had hardly much added in its 30 year history and they don’t get anywhere as much stick from fans. They just appreciate what’s there

erasure fan1

Yes Disney are incredibly slow at building things but blimey, I think people need to chill out a bit. DLRP hasn’t had hardly much added in its 30 year history and they don’t get anywhere as much stick from fans. They just appreciate what’s there
To be fair, it's also not the busiest theme park resort in the world. If Disney had done it's job over the last 15yrs, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The parks are egregiously underbuilt for demand, so of course people are on their case.

Disney Analyst

I am willing to give Disney a break on all projects started before / worked on during Covid times.

Now as new projects are announced and worked on, I am happy to complain about timelines.

lazyboy97o

That’s because Disneyland Paris is a masterpiece and it doesn’t need to be messed up with cruddy boxes dropped into it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s only been 3 years, why are all you negative people complaining about the amount of time Disney has taken to build this slightly-themed box? Covid! Labor shortages! Supply chain! Unprecedented demand!!!

I just want to know - Who cleans up the mess from Disney dragging their feet on this for 2 years?

G00fyDad

Sure things take time. But Disney is beyond ridiculous when it comes to dragging their feet. A company like Disney should be able to complete a restaurant like this in 9 to 12 months in my opinion. It should have been included at the opening of the land just like a star wars table service. So I don't think saying this should be done is a negative take at all. Disney deserves all the criticism it gets when it comes to this.
While I do agree with you on the idea that this should have opened with Toy Story Land I have to disagree with the Galaxy's Edge table service. There are no sit-down type of restaurants in any of these locales in the books or movies. These backwater planets in the Star Wars universe would never have a sit-down restaurant. They would be full of bars and street side food vendors. I think having a sit-down restaurant in Galaxy's Edge would have been a big mistake. It just wouldn't have fit aesthetically.

erasure fan1

These backwater planets in the Star Wars universe would never have a sit-down restaurant. They would be full of bars and street side food vendors. I think having a sit-down restaurant in Galaxy's Edge would have been a big mistake.
Well not exactly. Remember in mando when he went to Mon Cala (If I remember right) looking for other Mandalorians. They were in a place, where they were seated at a table, getting their order taken by a squid head. That's a table service in my book. So a backwater table service could really work in my opinion. It wouldn't need to be fancy but it would work.

G00fyDad

Well not exactly. Remember in mando when he went to Mon Cala (If I remember right) looking for other Mandalorians. They were in a place, where they were seated at a table, getting their order taken by a squid head. That's a table service in my book. So a backwater table service could really work in my opinion. It wouldn't need to be fancy but it would work.
I guess but to me that kind of looked like a backwater bar that just simply served food. It didn't really fit what I would consider to be a table service. But then again they did have somebody coming over to the table asking them what they wanted, so maybe.

Casper Gutman

I am willing to give Disney a break on all projects started before / worked on during Covid times.

Now as new projects are announced and worked on, I am happy to complain about timelines.
Projects like Tron and GotG were supposed to be open well before Covid hit. The pandemic became a problem because they dragged their feet. It isn't an excuse. In fact, were there any attractions that were originally intended to open during the pandemic? As far as I know, those planned projects were all cancelled before the crisis hit and the timelines of rides like Tron and GotG dragged out to try and cover the cancellations. So Disney's greed actually arranged everything very neatly in a way that they absolutely cannot use the pandemic as an excuse.

And this is a restaurant full of cutouts in a pre-existing box. It should take a functional company about as long to complete as it takes Universal to build each new tribute store - about a month and a half.

donsullivan

Premium Member
It’s only been 3 years, why are all you negative people complaining about the amount of time Disney has taken to build this slightly-themed box? Covid! Labor shortages! Supply chain! Unprecedented demand!!!

I just want to know - Who cleans up the mess from Disney dragging their feet on this for 2 years?
What exactly is the ‘mess’ you are referring to? There is no disruption to park operations or guest experience caused by their decision to delay resumption of construction post COVID. For most of the projects life the construction was completely invisible to guests in the park. How exactly is that a mess?

Markiewong

Projects like Tron and GotG were supposed to be open well before Covid hit. The pandemic became a problem because they dragged their feet. It isn't an excuse. In fact, were there any attractions that were originally intended to open during the pandemic? As far as I know, those planned projects were all cancelled before the crisis hit and the timelines of rides like Tron and GotG dragged out to try and cover the cancellations. So Disney's greed actually arranged everything very neatly in a way that they absolutely cannot use the pandemic as an excuse.

And this is a restaurant full of cutouts in a pre-existing box. It should take a functional company about as long to complete as it takes Universal to build each new tribute store - about a month and a half.
I don't think this is true. GOTG and Tron were both supposed to open during Covid. Their original timelines were end of 2020 and first half of 2021 so they both would be ready for the 50th. But they did use Covid to neatly arrange everything so that they keep having one new addition per year.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What exactly is the ‘mess’ you are referring to? There is no disruption to park operations or guest experience caused by their decision to delay resumption of construction post COVID. For most of the projects life the construction was completely invisible to guests in the park. How exactly is that a mess?
It was a joke, like they are dragging their feet through the mud. It… didn’t really work. 🙁

Bocabear

While I do agree with you on the idea that this should have opened with Toy Story Land I have to disagree with the Galaxy's Edge table service. There are no sit-down type of restaurants in any of these locales in the books or movies. These backwater planets in the Star Wars universe would never have a sit-down restaurant. They would be full of bars and street side food vendors. I think having a sit-down restaurant in Galaxy's Edge would have been a big mistake. It just wouldn't have fit aesthetically.
Newsflash! They wouldn't have had public restrooms either... so that is a ridiculous point of view. A table service restaurant could have worked beautifully with the style and how nice it would be to not have to stand at a table while I enjoy my $25 cocktail. They either need more seating or a few more restaurants with seating and service. I don't care that it is an outpost, It is really a theme park, and people are not galactic warriors... but paying guests...

G00fyDad

Newsflash! They wouldn't have had public restrooms either... so that is a ridiculous point of view. A table service restaurant could have worked beautifully with the style and how nice it would be to not have to stand at a table while I enjoy my $25 cocktail. They either need more seating or a few more restaurants with seating and service. I don't care that it is an outpost, It is really a theme park, and people are not galactic warriors... but paying guests...
Newsflash! I know. Still doesn't make a sit-down restaurant a good idea.

I think I just remembered why I had you on ignore. Time to fix that. You do not know how to disagree with someone without being snarky and you do it to everyone. The "Newsflash!" was not necessary and it reads like someone so arrogant that they cannot see any other point of view other than their own. Try stating your case without acting like the cousin we all hate being around. ;)

StantonZ

I don't see how you can compare a restaurant to a retail store in terms of design/build time. Forgetting about the complexities (and health codes) around food preparation/delivery, I think folks forget about a simple fact affecting almost everything Disney opens right now: staffing. It doesn't matter when they open it if they can't properly staff it. Staffing (or lack there-of) directly affects the customer/guest experience; I have literally sat in half-empty restaurants (in Dallas) due to lack of staff (in the kitchen).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom