New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

FutureCEO

While I do agree with you on the idea that this should have opened with Toy Story Land I have to disagree with the Galaxy's Edge table service. There are no sit-down type of restaurants in any of these locales in the books or movies. These backwater planets in the Star Wars universe would never have a sit-down restaurant. They would be full of bars and street side food vendors. I think having a sit-down restaurant in Galaxy's Edge would have been a big mistake. It just wouldn't have fit aesthetically.

There should have never been a Toy Story land :cautious: The Toy Story Coaster only commands the wait times it does because the park doesn't have a lot of rides. Big Thunder Mountain is definitely better.

G00fyDad

There should have never been a Toy Story land :cautious: The Toy Story Coaster only commands the wait times it does because the park doesn't have a lot of rides. Big Thunder Mountain is definitely better.

I sort of feel the same way. I do love Toy Story and I like the idea of that land but not in this park and not as stunted asa it currently exists. I think they probably could have come up with a better option here, like maybe expanding Galaxy's Edge around that part of the park to give more options to that land. But that's just me. :)

lazyboy97o

I don't see how you can compare a restaurant to a retail store in terms of design/build time. Forgetting about the complexities (and health codes) around food preparation/delivery, I think folks forget about a simple fact affecting almost everything Disney opens right now: staffing. It doesn't matter when they open it if they can't properly staff it. Staffing (or lack there-of) directly affects the customer/guest experience; I have literally sat in half-empty restaurants (in Dallas) due to lack of staff (in the kitchen).
This thing was taking a good while before the pandemic. It’s a tilt-up concrete box. There’s nothing about the actual restaurant fit out that would make it more complicated than the sort of standard tenant fit outs that are done all of the time.

pdude81

I do like BTMR better, but SDD not being as compact as the attractions in MK has a real draw. I personally put SDD on par with 7DMT and they have similar wait times.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I disagree but to each their own

What in the blue hell are you disagreeing with? TSL does take up a lot of space, and there is little to do for such a large tract of land. Those are facts.

ETA: TSL is around 7 acres, 9.5 if you include TSM. They could have had 4 attractions in that space instead of 2, if they used the land wisely. But "wise" and "WDI" are two words that rarely go together anymore. Blame management.

Last edited:

J4546

I think the land has 2 solid rides and one swirling saucers that is what it is. I like the land already and young kids seem to really love it. Also when the restaurant opens it will go up a notch imo. Also coasters take up a bunch of space regardless, I'm very glad they didn't build a smaller footprint wild mouse style coaster and instead we got a dual launching all ages coaster, which is something dhs needs imo. 3 all ages rides in a kids friendly land.

lazyboy97o

I think the land has 2 solid rides and one swirling saucers that is what it is. I like the land already and young kids seem to really love it. Also when the restaurant opens it will go up a notch imo. Also coasters take up a bunch of space regardless, I'm very glad they didn't build a smaller footprint wild mouse style coaster and instead we got a dual launching all ages coaster, which is something dhs needs imo. 3 all ages rides in a kids friendly land.
Who said anything about a wild mouse? Even in the same footprint the coaster could have been designed to allow for other venues and attractions to be built in the area.

That the restaurant had to be an awkward expansion is more evidence of the poor design of the land. 12 acres and they couldn’t fit in a small restaurant or proper gift shop.

The land has one all ages attraction.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Who said anything about a wild mouse? Even in the same footprint the coaster could have been designed to allow for other venues and attractions to be built in the area.

That the restaurant had to be an awkward expansion is more evidence of the poor design of the land. 12 acres and they couldn’t fit in a small restaurant or proper gift shop.

The land has one all ages attraction.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll be told next that there's plenty of space and this land was designed for expansion, just like GE was.

erasure fan1

I dont get all the hate that SDD gets, I think its a fun little all ages coaster. I get that the wait times for it can be long, but I think the coaster is pretty good
The general opinion I see is that the ride is fun, but it's basically a bare steel coaster. Outside of the train, it's not themed. And that is where I see most of the hate coming from.

James Alucobond

Honestly, if they could:
  1. Replace the existing Rex with a character scaled more appropriately to sitting atop a Jenga tower
  2. Put a new giant Rex elsewhere, preferably near to/interacting with SDD in some way
  3. Add a playground somewhere, ideally in a more "discoverable" location that pulls you back into the land and provides additional SDD views with its oversized props
  4. Come up with a playful permanent shade solution that doesn't require a thousand umbrellas
  5. Construct some larger-than-life landscaping rather than relying on a ton of ornamental grasses and bamboos
... I'd feel way better about the land in general.

J4546

Honestly, if they could:
  1. Replace the existing Rex with a character scaled more appropriately to sitting atop a Jenga tower
  2. Put a new giant Rex elsewhere, preferably near to/interacting with SDD in some way
  3. Add a playground somewhere, ideally in a more "discoverable" location that pulls you back into the land and provides additional SDD views with its oversized props
  4. Come up with a playful permanent shade solution that doesn't require a thousand umbrellas
  5. Construct some larger-than-life landscaping rather than relying on a ton of ornamental grasses and bamboos
... I'd feel way better about the land in general.
I Def agree agree on most of this especially the shade. Maybe giant potted plants could be used ?

donsullivan

Premium Member
I think they meant culinairy staff?
I ask mostly because when it comes to construction right now, getting the equipment and materials to finish a building has gotten insanely expensive and/or nearly impossible. We just had an electric service panel needed for a project that was scheduled to ship in August, get pushed out to next May, totally destroying our schedule. That is happening all over the place right now dramatically slowing construction projects. I can’t see any reason Disney would not be having the same issues.

Last edited:

DisneyfanMA

It’s a coaster sitting in a field taking up a lot of space. Toy Story Land is one of the largest lands yet with very little to do and Slinky Dog Dash is a big part of that.

Yet by my calculation the land has more rides than the (larger footprint?) Starwars land (3>2).

Personally my 3 kids are psyched for TSL and SDD. I look forward to riding it as well. The park itself has a lack of rides so not sure why the area with perhaps the most (3???) Is getting shade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom