New rope drop process at MK

Cesar R M

I want a good laugh!! Someone post it please!!
second.. for posterity

I found it. It's around the 8 minute mark I think. Sorry, my phone isn't letting me play the video. It's in there though. Be careful, the first minute is all crazy stuff stuff flying around the screen, very annoying. The little girl in her "ready to run pose" is HILLARIOUS!

oh my god, this guy is a riot! hilarious video!
seeing the people run was even funnier!.

I lost it at donald saying he waited 5 hours to meet the "girls" in norway :hilarious:.

Last edited:

wogwog

Original Poster
Heres a video of MK rope drop. Watch the mom with the stroller at 1:03, She jumps the curb with the stroller in a mad dash. Kinda dangerous to do with a kid. lol. This is obviously before they started the new procedure.

Just to be clear this is the usual rope drop some time before the new control. Wish I had a clip of the new one. With the new one and as far as I know, current one, no one can run. The walk is so slow and they are blocked from going through Town Square. Maybe some one has filmed the new version to compare. I had the opportunity to view the "walk" from the corner at Casey's a few days ago. I do occasional work for WDW and I was on property for an early meeting. The manager I was meeting with took me out for the "treat". We smartly retreated back stage before the walk reached us.

RubyLee

Heres a video of MK rope drop. Watch the mom with the stroller at 1:03, She jumps the curb with the stroller in a mad dash. Kinda dangerous to do with a kid. lol. This is obviously before they started the new procedure.

I gasped while watching the woman with her stroller-she looked like she was about to bowl over those people to the left!

There also seemed to be quite a few teens/pre-teens (seemingly alone) running after the drop.

ToyStoryMiss

It's not just the m&g...

Sir Mickey's is out of Frozen merch within an hour or two after park open. Even with a limit, they run to buy whatever they can get their hands on.

Huge demand and a trickle supply.
And this is why I will go there in the morning to get my Olaf doll.
I tried to get him at Disneyland, but it was sold out both days. :(

TalkingHead

I liked the wife who stopped for a map around 00:33. The exasperated look on her husband's face a few seconds later is great. It all looks magical as hell.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Unbelievable! All that for a freakin' M&G. How long can this Frozen mania go on?

Since Frozen is probably the highest grossing Disney film (okay, it was good, but not that good), probably forever. Parents are paying over $1,000 for the "Frozen dress". Really? And I read that Disney has limited the Frozen merchandise available in the parks, mainly because they cannot keep it on the shelves.

Cousin Huet

Anyone know if it's also like this at entry for morning EMH at MK?

I would imagine it is because the crowd will still be trying to run there. We JUST got back from Disneyland and went through this fun. On the EMH day we were in the park they had everyone wanting to already line up for Frozen (which still had over an hour before it even began) go the left sidewalk where the rope is stretched across at the end of Main St. These people were walked to the spot and allowed to line-up....this was safer and would have been smart on my part to just deal with it and do it because I knew the little one was looking forward to it.

What I did was go the day we went with NO EMH. I was expecting the same process except the greets would start immediately. In reality they let us in and we get to the end of Main St. and the rope is not there but further up at the Central Hub cutting the Hub in half. So now there are essentially 3 lines (one on each side of the Central island and then one going through there. The guy tells us what is going to happen and we find out no walk straight to Frozen. So, they all pull their ropes down and then all say "go ahead" at the same time and of course people start running and you have to in order to not get trampled....I jogged as I was now carrying my girl upon seeing what was about to happen. We still ended up waiting almost an hour even getting in quickly as many people didn't go through the line but jumped the ropes and all that so we ended up in the near front but still 30 or so back. Crazy and will not do it again unless it dies down and she wants to but usually one meeting is enough for her....she prefers rides thank god.

Have fun all that get to experience this going forward.....I think it is even more an issue out West as they are not in any parade and the only way to see them at all....even at a distance....is through the M&G.

BigTxEars

I am doing the Frozen M&G in early June. I would not wait in line to do it but with a FP+ and under 30 mins it will be great. The rush on the video was not as bad as I expected, well not in comparison to say Black Friday sales :)

KingdomofDreams

Thanks for the replies guys! :)

We have ZERO interest in the Frozen frenzy, just hoped to avoid the worst of it upon our entry into MK. We'll be going for morning EMH and our current plan is to go straight for 7DMT and proceed from there.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks for the replies guys! :)

We have ZERO interest in the Frozen frenzy, just hoped to avoid the worst of it upon our entry into MK. We'll be going for morning EMH and our current plan is to go straight for 7DMT and proceed from there.

I'm hoping the Frozen frenzy will distract from the newness of 7DMT.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Agree! Anything that pulls some of the masses from the rides is just fine with me. ;)

Since the wait time at EPCOT for Frozen was sometimes 5 hours (5 hours, can you believe that - people are insane), I think we are in luck. We were there late April and walked by and saw the wait time was 210 minutes - and that was at 10:30 AM.

LAKid53

Premium Member
That is our hope too! I just don't want to get caught in the wave of people and pushed in the wrong direction. lol

OMG, can you imagine Frozen M&G on the day 7DMT opens? That part of MK will be a madhouse. If this Frozen Frenzy continues, Disney just might have to make a spot for Anna and Elsa alone. I volunteer Speedway - it's a useless ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom