New rope drop process at MK

wogwog

Original Poster
Oh nice. So for those of us who want no part of A&E what is the best way to avoid the craze at rope drop? We already have our FP's for 7DMT but want to go straight to that ride on at least one RD at MK just so we can go through the regular line and see everything. I don't want our group to get caught up in the A&E M&G.
Do not even enter MK until at least 20 minutes after opening which is really 10 minutes before posted opening. Enter Fantasyland by way of the walkway leading to the Tea Cups from the castle hub. This will allow you to approach the Mine Coaster around the madness at the M&G. The M&G zombies should be lined up for their long wait by then. I can't think of any other way to at least enter the park now that does not involve the "walk". Folks working the area tell me the other approaches to Fantasyland are blocked until the hoards arrive at the M&G to avoid mob mentality. Their words. Those wanting to skip Fantasyland can turn right or left at the end if Main St. This is from friends working the park who have seen this every morning they work since it started.

Kuzcotopia

I know it's easy to pass judgement on the human race when we see this kind of behavior in people, but I'd also like to mention that MK sees 10s of thousands of guests each day, and I'd say over 99% of them are polite, respectful, and decent towards one another on their vacation.

When you rub elbows with large, hot, and sometimes tired crowds who overpaid for their magical vacation, you are bound to have a small incident of bad behavior, once in a while.

We tend to remember the negative incidents. . , but I think that because they are unusual. Most people are good.

wdrive

I think it has a lot to do with the heavy local demographic and many of the tourists being asian, which as stated before can be some of the politest and respectful towards characters.
Another idea that came to mind may be the length that characters can be on set. In Orlando, heat and humidity reduce set times during the summer days compared to when it is cooler out. Orlando is probably the hottest disney resort location, though Hong Kong is in a similar temperature range.
These two ideas may be completely unrelated to the actual reason characters started to receive set locations with queues and attendants.

The rule may have changed since but at one point for characters at WDW their sets were 30 minutes if they were indoors or outdoors when it was colder and 20 if they were outdoors in the warmer parts of the year. It would make sense to Disney to have more set indoor meet and greets as they get more for their money paying cast members. Saying that though surely the construction of an indoor meet and greet would completely counter the money saved for having characters out for 10 more minutes each set.

prberk

Oh nice. So for those of us who want no part of A&E what is the best way to avoid the craze at rope drop? We already have our FP's for 7DMT but want to go straight to that ride on at least one RD at MK just so we can go through the regular line and see everything. I don't want our group to get caught up in the A&E M&G.

Go on a weekday in January or September.

(Don't know when your vacation really is, but that is the right answer. All other suggestions involve something about as effective as moving the deck chairs on the Titanic.)

rob0519

Funny how The Happiest Place on Earth(TM) can also bring out the worst in people.

I can see hot days, toting challenging kids, etc. might make someone... Grumpy. But c'mon. Sadly, you're right though; the bad behavior in the parks knows no bounds, seemingly. And that's not even including certain tour groups.
Technically, Disneyland is the happiest place on earth, but I'm sure they have their fair share of rude people as well.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
That woulda been a way longer dash if it was still in Norway! Regardless of whether it was a International Gateway or main entrance rope drop!
Somebody posted a vid in another thread (i cant find it now) of people racing through Epcot, some were grown men in full sprint mode. The guy filming was laughing at them and calling them out, they didnt even care, they were gone. It was hillarious.

alissafalco

Somebody posted a vid in another thread (i cant find it now) of people racing through Epcot, some were grown men in full sprint mode. The guy filming was laughing at them and calling them out, they didnt even care, they were gone. It was hillarious.
I want a good laugh!! Someone post it please!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I want a good laugh!! Someone post it please!!
I found it. It's around the 8 minute mark I think. Sorry, my phone isn't letting me play the video. It's in there though. Be careful, the first minute is all crazy stuff stuff flying around the screen, very annoying. The little girl in her "ready to run pose" is HILLARIOUS!

Last edited:

alissafalco

I found it. It's around the 8 minute mark I think. Sorry, my phone isn't letting me play the video. It's in there though. Be careful, the first minute is all crazy stuff stuff flying around the screen, very annoying. The little girl in her "ready to run pose" is HILLARIOUS!

I just skipped to the 8 minute mark, OMG HILARIOUS!!! those men running were mental cases!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom