New rope drop process at MK

meganwdw

I found it. It's around the 8 minute mark I think. Sorry, my phone isn't letting me play the video. It's in there though. Be careful, the first minute is all crazy stuff stuff flying around the screen, very annoying. The little girl in her "ready to run pose" is HILLARIOUS!

Been following this family's videos for a few years now! Love this one and can't believe how grown the kids are!! AND, I can't believe that man making the mad dash barefoot through Epcot! LMAO!!

wogwog

Original Poster
This is RUINING rope drop at MK. I refuse to be a part of that so I'll bypass this silliness by taking the train directly to Frontierland.
Be aware, I think the first train that boards guest is about 25 minutes after rope drop.

LucyK

Be aware, I think the first train that boards guest is about 25 minutes after rope drop.
With the amount of people heading the same way and CMs leading the way it would probably take me as much time to reach the castle. We usually take our time, get a few pictures with the photopass photographer, buy a snack or stop for coffee at Starbucks but as long as they keep doing this rope drop walk we'll just wait for the train. No need to stress my mom so early in the morning.

wogwog

Original Poster
With the amount of people heading the same way and CMs leading the way it would probably take me as much time to reach the castle. We usually take our time, get a few pictures with the photopass photographer, buy a snack or stop for coffee at Starbucks but as long as they keep doing this rope drop walk we'll just wait for the train. No need to stress my mom so early in the morning.
My preference as well. It will most likely get worse with the Mine Train opening in a few days.

KingdomofDreams

heres a video of the new walk

Really... that doesn't look so terribly bad. At least people are leisurely walking down Main St and no one is being run down or trampled. I take it people are welcome to stop along the way for a coffee or whatever as long as they don't try to get ahead of the leading CM's?

wogwog

Original Poster
Really... that doesn't look so terribly bad. At least people are leisurely walking down Main St and no one is being run down or trampled. I take it people are welcome to stop along the way for a coffee or whatever as long as they don't try to get ahead of the leading CM's?
Sure. They just can not pass the rope line by going in a shop and running ahead. They are walking leisurely because cast management and security are setting the pace.

hokielutz

I was at the EMH rope drop yesterday (Thursday) morning... and I was there for one purpose only.... Ultimate Touring plan with only 8 hours to work with. So first destination was Barnstormer & Dumbo. Well as I turned right at the circle towards the MHTP.... the entire rest of the crowd was going straight up the castle. ( a couple people tried the round-about run past the wishing well).

I just shook my head in amazement at the hoards that went to get in line for the sisters. And hardly anyone else came my way as I had Dumbo all to myself and one turn on barnstormer.

completed 32 of 40 on my adjusted plan.

seahawk7

All true. Started week and a half ago.
This will be the norm from now on...

It is affectionately labeled "The Frozen 5K" around these parts.
Does anyone know if they let u enter into the Emporium once the group passes in front of it? I thought they might block it off thinking people would run through the stores.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom