New rope drop process at MK

jklakeview

FP was never set up to be a resort perk. That's what is wrong with the system. It was a benefit for all ticket holders regardless of whether you had an annual pass, stayed onsite, had a single day ticket, stayed offsite. It was never meant to be a resort perk. There's really no need to book attractions in advance. You're here at the park, you can use your fps. If Disney was thinking smart about this, they would realize that by offering it this way they are actually enticing people to stay out of their parks. If my fp+s are later in the day, and I know I can get on an attraction with little to no wait, i'm less likely to come to the parks early. I'm also less likely to buy breakfast or even lunch since I'm arriving late. Trust me, the system is broken.

jklakeview

FP's aren't guaranteed. You can always wait in the standby line if you so choose. If at this juncture you feel that waiting in queue for 300 minutes is too long, then by all means don't wait. Personally, I wouldn't want to wait that long for some mediocre cosplay photograph.
I wouldn't either. So now, not only are people not getting to the parks early because they have later fps as I mentioned before, but also other people are in line for 300 minutes. How does this help Disney make money again?

psukardi

FP was never set up to be a resort perk. That's what is wrong with the system. It was a benefit for all ticket holders regardless of whether you had an annual pass, stayed onsite, had a single day ticket, stayed offsite. It was never meant to be a resort perk. There's really no need to book attractions in advance. You're here at the park, you can use your fps. If Disney was thinking smart about this, they would realize that by offering it this way they are actually enticing people to stay out of their parks. If my fp+s are later in the day, and I know I can get on an attraction with little to no wait, i'm less likely to come to the parks early. I'm also less likely to buy breakfast or even lunch since I'm arriving late. Trust me, the system is broken.

I'll trust the increase in revenue and lines - not a person posting on a message board that's throwing a tantrum that they couldn't do some meet and greet.

jklakeview

Like I said.....the system is broken. It actually worked before where people would come early, eat early, then get fps for bigger things, ate more, shopped a little, stayed out of lines, then when you walked up to a line and it had a 45 minute wait and you could see fps were still available you could get them, so you're free to do other attractions including buy snacks or shop more. Any bright person can see that this system is broken.

jklakeview

I'll trust the increase in revenue and lines - not a person posting on a message board that's throwing a tantrum that they couldn't do some meet and greet.

The increase is simply because the parks are busier. I bet that if you broke down the actual amount that the average person is spending it would be a lot less. It's like this. If I have a store that 2 people shopped at and made 20 dollars, I made 10.00 of each person. But if my shop gets busier and I have 20 guests and make 100.00 dollars my revenue and lines have both increased. But realistically I only made 5.00 off each person. Trust me this is happening. Thats why the head of this FP+ system just resigned instead of staying on and making a big bonus for increasing the revenue and the lines. BTW the increased lines are just a byproduct of a broken FP system.

flynnibus

Premium Member
FP was never set up to be a resort perk. That's what is wrong with the system

Well it's not FP anymore.. It's a much more encompassing system.

It was a benefit for all ticket holders regardless of whether you had an annual pass, stayed onsite, had a single day ticket, stayed offsite. It was never meant to be a resort perk

That's how you used it - doesn't mean it wasn't envisioned for anything else. And it's not the first time 'available to all' changed into programs to promote Disney's onsite offerings (e-ticket nights to EMH)

There's really no need to book attractions in advance

Yet ironically you are here complaining about not being able to know you can experience an attraction with a reasonable wait. Which is exactly one of the key benefits to advanced bookings... families being able to not have to worry about if they will get to experience something and what it will take.

You may not see the reasons or believe in them - but they are there and many people see it other way.

randyrut

IMO, Disney has been way behind the times by not having this type of perk for guests who elect to stay at their resorts. I am not a huge fan of the new FP+ system by any means, but I do think that they are being wise by allowing guests who stay onsite the ability to reserve fast passes before everyone else. It should boost their resort revenue in the long run, and it makes the people who are spending all of that money feel more justified by being able to do so. I actually feel they should probably give more perks to the people who elect to stay at the deluxe resorts. I understand that isn't really the "Disney way", but I think Universal has been much smarter with their Express Pass system than Disney has been with their fast passes.

Kman101

Not that I have or would go for Anna/Elsa FP+'s, but as a passholder, I've had zero problem getting the FP's I want. I selected three today before I left my house. MB worked great. I have zero problem with it. I actually think it's a great benefit now. I'm not sure I trust them with the data but that's for another thread. As of now, I think the MB and selecting FP (and you can even go in and edit the times it gives you) is a great great tool, and I was very reluctant about it.

DisneyRoy

If it's broken now then it was broken before. We have been two times before our trip this year and still have yet to ride Toy Story Mania because the Fast Passes were always gone by the time we go there and the wait was too long with our little. Same story here with the Anna and Elsa. You know what...you learn to deal with it. That is the way Disney goes.

cw1982

1) How do you know they never intended for this to be a resort perk? I'd love to see your evidence of this...

2) It's still a benefit of all ticket holders. Anna and Elsa and 7DMT are the only attractions that are not typically readily available, and this would be the case with any system. I'm actually GLAD that these can get booked in advance, because otherwise the Frozen 5k that has become the Zombie Walk would still be dangerous, because once guests got to the Fastpass kiosks, there would still be total chaos as people tried to beat each other down to get their passes. Talk about safety issues waiting to happen...

3) I disagree with your contention that people will not be in the parks early thanks to the new system. People who enjoy going in the mornings will still go in the mornings, but book their passes for a couple of hours after RD. This is already what they are doing; we see it here all the time. I'm not a morning person, and I would not have been going to the parks for RD even if I couldn't have gotten my passes before arrival in the park. I'm on vacation, and I refuse to get up that early since I value being able to sleep in on vacation. People with small kids will still be going early, because the whole "go early, leave after lunch for a nap, and come back later" drill seems to work for them. So no, I don't think this system is changing what times people get to the parks; instead, it's changing what they do when they get there.

BigTxEars

So with what 50 or FP+ attractions across the parks and there is a grand total of 1 that is an issue getting FP+s too due to the insane popularity of the most successful animated movie in history and the whole system is broken?

By my math that is a 98% success rate for FP+, that is not to bad for a system that has to cater to 40+ million different type of guest a year :)

Matt_Black

So with what 50 or FP+ attractions across the parks and there is a grand total of 1 that is an issue getting FP+s too due to the insane popularity of the most successful animated movie in history and the whole system is broken?

By my math that is a 98% success rate for FP+, that is not to bad for a system that has to cater to 40+ million different type of guest a year :)

Your logic and rational thinking have no place here! Begone with your reasonable ways! ;)

DisneyFreak23

My wife and the girls did a rope drop A&E M&G on Mon and, even with getting there early and following all the advice on this forum, it was still a 2 1/2 hr wait without a FP. It was important to them and they deemed it worth waiting. Meanwhile, the boys and I rode Space Mountain 3 times, Buzz Lightyear twice, Astro Orbitor, Speedway and Barnstormer and had a great time with low wait times!
I think folks with FPs and character breakfasts are the ones who get there first before the rope drop Mad Dash people. My suggestion to folks w/o a FP is to get any character breakfast to get in earlier to the rope drop section.

Still can not get fastpass + for Anna and Elsa. I mean what a lousy system. I'm a season pass holder that lives in NJ and I can not get them without standing on a 200 minute line because I am not staying at a Disney resort. Reward the people who go to the parks early by letting them get fps like before this horrible system. No ride should be "sold out" before you even get to the parks. This system is so broken!
yes system is not right as a local PAP holder my window is 30 days out, i can never compete with the 60 day window resort guest have as a PAP holder a resort guest should not have a window longer than a PAP or AP holder, just not right, and don't give me the bull about go at rope drop, as reported wait is already 2 1/2 hours at rope drop

HRHPrincessAriel

yes system is not right as a local PAP holder my window is 30 days out, i can never compete with the 60 day window resort guest have as a PAP holder a resort guest should not have a window longer than a PAP or AP holder, just not right, and don't give me the bull about go at rope drop, as reported wait is already 2 1/2 hours at rope drop
Honest question...as a local AP holder do you honestly plan a day trip 60 days out vs. just making a call on it the day or evena few days before? I live near the beach and that's a wake up and go thing. I would think that could change daily. When I was a season pass holder for theme park growing up we often made the choice to go an hour or so before hand.

Last edited:
Honest question...as a local AP holder do you honestly plan a day trip 60 days out vs. just making a call on it the dat before? I live near the beach and that's a wake up and go thing. I would think that Could change daily. When I was a season pass holder for theme park growing up we often made the choice to go an hour or so before hand.
yes i am a school teacher and i know days i have off and days i can go during the summer months in advnace We do just get in the car and go, but if i had the same opportunity to select 60 days out i certainly would do that. Like when they moved there, i looked out as far as i could to secure a fast pass but it was already booked for beyond what i could see. In april i certainly knew some dates i could go with no school and work around football.

HRHPrincessAriel

yes i am a school teacher and i know days i have off and days i can go during the summer months in advnace We do just get in the car and go, but if i had the same opportunity to select 60 days out i certainly would do that. Like when they moved there, i looked out as far as i could to secure a fast pass but it was already booked for beyond what i could see. In april i certainly knew some dates i could go with no school and work around football.
I'm impressed you can work around football! My husband is a coach and it consumes our lives year round. We are literally going this summer in the 8 days he has "off" and even then he is missing out. We can only plan things with limited time out. Our yearly vacation he misses time working the weight room.

That said even at 60 days out A&E was almost impossible for me to get. I got lucky looking on day. I know others have had that luck as well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom