Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

Castle Cake Apologist

Well, I hope it's announced soon. Fans of DAK need something really big to complain about.

So far, DAK is the one park that has given us D&Gers very little to complain about. Amazing how overall thematic integrity and sticking to the mission statement of the park can do that, eh?

Controversial opinion: Among the domestic parks, DAK is currently the best example of the Disney design difference. Nearly every nook and cranny of that park is thoughtfully and painstakingly designed.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So far, DAK is the one park that has given us D&Gers very little to complain about. Amazing how overall thematic integrity and sticking to the mission statement of the park can do that, eh?

Controversial opinion: Among the domestic parks, DAK is currently the best example of the Disney design difference. Nearly every nook and cranny of that park is thoughtfully and painstakingly designed.
Well, aren't Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, Goofy, Pluto and the rest all animals?

Castle Cake Apologist

Well, aren't Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, Goofy, Pluto and the rest all animals?

Yes, in the same way Nick and Judy from Zootopia are. Which is basically not at all. Lest we forget, those characters were actively evicted from their area of the park in favor of something more in line with the park's mission.

I might give you Pluto, who acts like a dog. But then his friendship with Goofy opens a whole new host of questions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, in the same way Nick and Judy from Zootopia are. Which is basically not at all. Lest we forget, those characters were actively evicted from their area of the park in favor of something more in line with the park's mission.

I might give you Pluto, who acts like a dog. But then his friendship with Goofy opens a whole new host of questions.

Um, Mickey and friends are in DAK. Donald has his own dance party. Then there's Tusker house character dining.

Disney Maddux

Keep up that optimism! 👍🦊🐰🍩

Still waiting for someone to walk Goofy...

Castle Cake Apologist

Um, Mickey and friends are in DAK. Donald has his own dance party. Then there's Tusker house character dining.

Yes, but they previously had an entire land dedicated to them that was razed in favor of Pandora. How quickly we forget Camp Minnie-Mickey apparently.

...and then there's DinoLand.

I'll see myself out.

Second (Truly) Controversial Opinion: Dinoland USA has some of the most layered storytelling in the entire park. Storytelling which was honestly only made even more expansive with the addition of Dino-Rama. Some people may not like the story being told, but that land is STUFFED with detail and layers of theming. Donald's Dino Bash (*shudder*) came in and vomited all over most of it, but I digress.

I'm the biggest Chester and Hester apologist around. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Are you insinuating that Pluto is a furry?

DCLcruiser

Humans are animals. Nick/Judy are animals. Na'vi are animals. Goof's are animals.

Still waiting for someone to walk Goofy...
Goofy is not a dog, Pluto is a dog, which is walked/owned by humanoid-characters. Goofy is a "Goof."

MrPromey

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but...

After Disney put all of that effort into explaining how Pandora fits DAK’s theme of “the intrinsic value of nature,” how can they do such a quick 180 and put in an IP about animals *representing* humans rather than the actual animal world? DAK is the only WDW park with a coherent underlying theme throughout, which is something that helps differentiate Disney from the competition at a particularly important time for doing so. Are they really going to shoot themselves in the foot again?

TDO has a beer they're itching for someone else to hold...

Disney Maddux

Keep up that optimism! 👍🦊🐰🍩
Me trying to piece together all the cryptic sayings about the possibility of a Zootopia Land:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom