Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

pdude81

Turning the castle to Dagobah

Maybe not this but I would take a Dagobah land in DAK if they were going to crowbar something in anyway. Classic characters, mucky swamp, and they can make up all sorts of new animals to feature. Perhaps even a Dagobah hotel with very modest accommodations. You can make it realistic with ceilings at 5 feet and cram in loads of families.

Tank Man

Give us a land based on aquatic animals and Ill be happy.
The thing is, Dinoland could be replaced with that as the Finding Nemo musical is there but also Epcot has the living seas, showing aquatic animals and it would be the same thing and Disney is trying to not do that.
We could get Zootopia, Jungle Book or Lion King which all of these will be cool. We could get a new Dinoland and maybe a land dedicated to other prehistoric animals from the Ice Age era with maybe the Ice Age IP attached

Tank Man

The only question now is... Where would this go?

Also, I 100% agree with the fact that SOMETHING needs to be done with Dinoland.
The coaster there Prime evil Whirl is going through the “lengthy refurb” and might just be replaced as I think AK might revisit the idea of Dinoland after the 50th.
Magic Kingdom and Epcot is the focus after the 50th for TL and FW. After that I think AK might get a new ride/ land and Pandora expansion and DHS might get a few new rides but not lands as some movie IP’s don’t need lands.

Kamikaze

The coaster there Prime evil Whirl is going through the “lengthy refurb” and might just be replaced as I think AK might revisit the idea of Dinoland after the 50th.
Magic Kingdom and Epcot is the focus after the 50th for TL and FW. After that I think AK might get a new ride/ land and Pandora expansion and DHS might get a few new rides but not lands as some movie IP’s don’t need lands.

They aren't going to just let PW sit in a 'refurb' for 3+ years.

britain

How about 9 years?

EDIT: Alright, alright - America Sings had formally 'closed' 9 years before being replaced.

Tank Man

I put it in quotes as the said that for 20K leagues and then it was taken off the map. I meant that by it might sit there in a “lengthy refurb” or in other words sitting there till Disney knows what to do with it. I think they will have it sit there until the Dino Rama contract ends and then replace all of Dinoland with a better one and returning dinosaur

Kamikaze

I put it in quotes as the said that for 20K leagues and then it was taken off the map. I meant that by it might sit there in a “lengthy refurb” or in other words sitting there till Disney knows what to do with it. I think they will have it sit there until the Dino Rama contract ends and then replace all of Dinoland with a better one and returning dinosaur

But they're actively working on it... you don't fix the attraction to let it rot.

They could always fulfill my dreams and bring in Mystic Manor.... I know its not a good fit necessarily in theme, but it would be a good family people eating dark ride. That is something I think AK really lacks.
You are a 100% correct that AK needs a dark ride. I really hate they completely missed the mark with the super short, poorly designed(loading/unloading), Na'vi River journey. That could have been incredible and really ate people up. Honestly with Primeval Whirl down, The triceratops breaking so much, and just the horrible look of it. Dinoland needs to GO. I bet the new ride takes that area over.

Tank Man

I know we are referring to primeval whirl. But there has been no visible work done to the attraction since it closed that I have seen.
Same.
I think they might have just don’t a paint job or something as when I last went on it it needed new paint or something

Tank Man

It received a full paint job during it’s last refurbishment. That required extensive scaffolding and visible equipment
Oh ok, thanks.
Well yeah, what are they doing now or are they just saying there doing something and there not and it will just be blocked off

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom