Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

Bairstow

I think I'm technically just older than the targeted audience of the new cartoons, and while I can enjoy the plots, the style is still offputting to me, especially Goofy. Why did they change the color of his eyes to make it look like he's been on a drug fueled craze? Otherwise, the changing facial expressions that scrunch of the lips and pull the eye-lids up just looks off to me, and some reason kind of gross.

He's supposed to be kind of gross.
It's a return to the earlier versions of the character, who was originally meant to look mangy and scruffy compared to Mickey.

lf

DCLcruiser

Seems people either love the new style or hate it. I personally love it. I'd say it's a generational thing, but (at least based on your profile), you're essentially the same age as I am, so I'm not sure. If you want to complain about the art style, sure, I get that... but I feel like the writing and pacing of these new shorts are so spot on (Ducktails too) that if you can get past the art style, they're REALLY enjoyable (at least I find they are).
It's Ren and Stimpy with Disney characters. Low-brow trashy humor and crude drawings. Too much slapstick and the pace is frantic.

Not sure how, or maybe why, Goofy looking like he just came off of a 3-day bender is "appealing to contemporary audiences". 🧐
Agreed. He looks like a junky.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sarcasm? It's a perfect fit.

Australia's not known in the upper planet for it's rainforest(s?). It's most iconic animals aren't rainforesty. The US has two rainforests and it's seen as all buffaloes and wolves and horses and eagles and non-rainforest-bears.

You know South America with its huge swaths or rainforests and iconic jungle animals is going to the head of the line ahead of Australia if "Disney's Jungle Kingdom" sticks to its favorite biome.

Australia's not known in the upper planet for it's rainforest(s?). It's most iconic animals aren't rainforesty. The US has two rainforests and it's seen as all buffaloes and wolves and horses and eagles and non-rainforest-bears.

You know South America with its huge swaths or rainforests and iconic jungle animals is going to the head of the line ahead of Australia if "Disney's Jungle Kingdom" sticks to its favorite biome.

I think New Zealand(I know the locals hate me for saying this) being part of Australia as a Biome would certainly make for a incredible land based in the same way that Africa and Asia do. If say we get Brazil at the world showcase they would be less likely in my opinion of putting South America in AK.

BlakeW39

It would be great for them to announce something for DAK - the last thing we got was Pandora, and if we take things in 'turns' then DAK is next in line. This is compounded by the fact that the other three parks are all getting something major and we it wouldn't be good if DAK were the only one left untouched for the 50th in any major way.

Now what might this be? Well, it's hard to say. The clues we have is that is a good fit (that is, the OP's opinion) in the same fashion that Pandora is, but it might also upset a few 'purists' in the same way Pandora did as well. It says a ride so I will assume it is such and not an entire land.

It probably isn't the Excavator because that would upset no one (or at least not it in its original state), and obviously it will be an IP. Although apparently there is a non-IP option that isn't at the forefront currently.

Asia has two rides, Africa has a ride and a show; I would prefer a ride to go to Africa even though its combined line up is still currently stronger, being that FotLK is better than Kali. However Dinoland and Pandora tp me seem as if they may be the most likely options. Pandora expansion is marketable and honestly necessary given how underwhelming the dark ride is, and Dinoland is obvious in that it needs to totally change. Maybe something there, or maybe a replacement.

I think it will be either a Pandora Expansion or a Dinoland redo/revamp (to whichever degree might that be taken to), as much as I'd personally like temperate or marine environments represented given that now we only have the tropical savannahs, rainforests, and briefly wetlands.

Animaniac93-98

I think it will be either a Pandora Expansion or a Dinoland redo/revamp (to whichever degree might that be taken to), as much as I'd personally like temperate or marine environments represented given that now we only have the tropical savannahs, rainforests, and briefly wetlands.

Indiana Jones in Dinoland and a Pandora roller coaster have both been rumored before and sound like candidates for this announcement.

Pure speculation on my part: Last year we got a "Dino-Riffic" dance party with not only Donald, but Launchpad and Scrooge McDuck. An out-of-left field announcement would be DuckTales in Dinoland. It has similar qualities to Indiana Jones, but is more overtly "Disney". It would fit the OPs description of "about animals, but not really" and certainly raise eyebrows among pursuits, though other Disney fans would be thrilled by the idea.

Tank Man

It would be great for them to announce something for DAK - the last thing we got was Pandora, and if we take things in 'turns' then DAK is next in line. This is compounded by the fact that the other three parks are all getting something major and we it wouldn't be good if DAK were the only one left untouched for the 50th in any major way.

Now what might this be? Well, it's hard to say. The clues we have is that is a good fit (that is, the OP's opinion) in the same fashion that Pandora is, but it might also upset a few 'purists' in the same way Pandora did as well. It says a ride so I will assume it is such and not an entire land.

It probably isn't the Excavator because that would upset no one (or at least not it in its original state), and obviously it will be an IP. Although apparently there is a non-IP option that isn't at the forefront currently.

Asia has two rides, Africa has a ride and a show; I would prefer a ride to go to Africa even though its combined line up is still currently stronger, being that FotLK is better than Kali. However Dinoland and Pandora tp me seem as if they may be the most likely options. Pandora expansion is marketable and honestly necessary given how underwhelming the dark ride is, and Dinoland is obvious in that it needs to totally change. Maybe something there, or maybe a replacement.

Yeah
Magic Kingdom is getting a TL overhaul
Epcot is getting FW overhaul
DHS is rumored to get some more stuff
AK is currently just sitting there. But I think they are looking at AK like where can we put something that if they want to eat up the most crowds and spread them more evenly, they need more big rides in not so visited areas. Asia is visited a lot because of Kali and Expedition Everest and of course people go to the Safaris and Pandora.
But Dinoland and Rafiki’s planet watch are hardly visited and cared for by Disney.
I do expect them to maybe get rid of Dinoland and replace it with a India style area with Jungle Book attached, maybe Lion King can be put in the Pandora expansion if possible as a neat surprise as the show is next to the land if I am correct. They also could use the river going through the park/ closed boat ride.
Dinoland could be moved north of Asia for more room and maybe be inside a prehistoric area tied in with an Ice Age era of animals. Maybe the train for Rafiki can be shortened to this prehistoric area and that could be an entrance for a multi attraction using the train and Indy style vehicles in one ride like what RotR is doing, more then one experience in one ride. We don’t need a land but maybe a huge attraction for Zootopia.

Tank Man

Indiana Jones in Dinoland and a Pandora roller coaster have both been rumored before and sound like candidates for this announcement.

Pure speculation on my part: Last year we got a "Dino-Riffic" dance party with not only Donald, but Launchpad and Scrooge McDuck. An out-of-left field announcement would be DuckTales in Dinoland. It has similar qualities to Indiana Jones, but is more overtly "Disney". It would fit the OPs description of "about animals, but not really" and certainly raise eyebrows among pursuits, though other Disney fans would be thrilled by the idea.
Duck tales would be fun.
But I don’t think it is wide spread as most will think. But yes people do remember the original show and stuff but maybe if they did something with Ducktales on Disney+ (movie or something). Could make it work but that is an interesting twist speculation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom