Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

I want a land with more actual animals, not a fake, boring land like Pandora. Besides Flight, there is nothing exciting there. What a waste of space that they could have used to enlarge animal enclosures or add more animals.

Tank Man

I want a land with more actual animals, not a fake, boring land like Pandora. Besides Flight, there is nothing exciting there. What a waste of space that they could have used to enlarge animal enclosures or add more animals.
Yeah,
They could do some sort of thing like that

ObscurityPoint

One of my bets for D23 this year has been that we’ll get a new country or two announced for Epcot, maybe some Play Pavilion updates or Figment info, and a new look at space restaurant and a model, but that’ll be it. Nothing more from Epcot. Or DHS. I could see a left-field announcement of a new land update/attraction coming to DAK and taking everyone by surprise.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
One of my bets for D23 this year has been that we’ll get a new country or two announced for Epcot, maybe some Play Pavilion updates or Figment info, and a new look at space restaurant and a model, but that’ll be it. Nothing more from Epcot. Or DHS. I could see a left-field announcement of a new land update/attraction coming to DAK and taking everyone by surprise.
I wouldn't be surprised if they announced an area called "The Adventurous World of Indiana Jones" into which they'd stick a boat ride (Pangkot River Journey), a large-format screen ride (Indiana Jones and the Caverns of Doom), two CS restaurants and a restroom.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

What a thematic disaster that would be. Zootopia already does not belong at DAK, but to use it to replace a thematically cohesive, unique attraction would be awful.

Rafiki's is a horribly dated relic of the late 90s. Most local zoos have nicer displays at this point. I would hope they never get rid of the animal care viewing areas; but the entire section needs a much better "refresh" than it got.

Though, if it's not long for this world, it could explain why the newly-reopened pavilion had so little work done to it before reopening.

EDIT: That's not to say that I think the new attraction should in any way be centered around Zootopia... absolutely not. Just saying that Planet Watch could use a significant update.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

OR you could just go visit a nice zoo. There are a lot of outstanding zoos in the U.S., and some don't even charge you to go in. I don't visit Disney parks to see a zoo. I want to see fantastical magic experiences. Not some chimp in a tree with his back to you, or a lion on a hill it takes binoculars to see clearly.

Castle Cake Apologist

OR you could just go visit a nice zoo. There are a lot of outstanding zoos in the U.S., and some don't even charge you to go in. I don't visit Disney parks to see a zoo. I want to see fantastical magic experiences. Not some chimp in a tree with his back to you, or a lion on a hill it takes binoculars to see clearly.

To be fair, I've had several fantastical magical experiences involving animals on Kilimanjaro that I could have never had at a zoo.

DAK1928

To be fair, I've had several fantastical magical experiences involving animals on Kilimanjaro that I could have never had at a zoo.
Great point, I've recently been to both the San Diego Zoo and Bronx Zoo and still consider DAK to be among the best in regards to show quality and perceived animal well-being. Most domestic zoos still hide their animals behind mesh and/or glass, but the thoughtful design of the open-air exhibits allows for uninterrupted observation and perfect photo opportunities. The animals at DAK are also consistently lively and energetic.

DCLcruiser

A new land would be great. Adding Pandora and Rivers of Light turned DAK from a morning only park, to a full day experience. Anything Indiana Jones would be cool. Ice Age would also make sense.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's my DAK idea:

Just like the goat pen... there's a pen where you can play and pet 101 Dalmatians.

Of course, there'd be more than 101 of them, but they only put out 101 at a time. And they get the rigorous training that therapy dogs get.

Boom! IP connected and DAK themed!

They could do a South America Rainforest or Australia/New Zealand area with those animals

Rosso11

Yes. But “relatively soon” for Disney has a habit of moving back again and again and again which is why I’m hesitant to ever put a “best by” date on any rumor.

Everyone knows Dino-Rama will be replaced one day. That’s hardly a profound revelation. So will Star Wars Launch Bay.
Yes except my information came from someone actively working on the replacement project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom