Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 Do you have "like alerts" turned off, or do you enjoy waking up to 100+ likes in the morning? ;)
45C8C44A-AC85-4B57-B17F-FE5A055D12F8.jpeg

Kman101

I mean, maybe. How much do we honestly think they’ll announce for WDW, at an event in CA, though? That said, they have no problem announcing projects at D23 that’ll open in 4 years, and a new ride in DAK by 2023 is not unreasonable.

But this would be (happy) news to me. I am expecting a lot of Epcot news, something about MK for its 50th, and the new DHS ride could easily be announced. They also have projects for California and Paris to announce. The presentation is only so long.

Not like they don't add/pull things literally days before, lol

And to be fair, you listed quite a bit for WDW and an announcement or two for Disneyland and Paris. Sounds like the last Expo where it wasn't very Anaheim heavy and more WDW focused.

Kman101

I think it’s fair to say that. Pandora really did fit...which is something some people can’t get on board with still.

It however, no matter the perspective, won’t be as criminal as Infinite Universe will.

I'm going to guess Zootopia. Purists wouldn't accept Zootopia. So ...

And to everyone else, no, I'm not fanwishing. Just seems the most likely ... barring a sudden decision to throw Indy or more Nemo in.

Kman101

I could say the same thing about many stories and movies. There's nothing special about Avatar in that regard besides box office gross.

I object to the idea that Avatar is a perfect fit for AK, and that anyone who disagrees "just doesn't get it".

You seem too focused on the movie itself. This is about the land. And yeah, the land and it's message does fit in Animal Kingdom.

RSoxNo1

It still amazes me that DAK has become the 2nd park in WDW (attendance) since Pandora. I always loved the park, but it’s just amazing it’s doing so great after all these years.
Not to take anything away from Pandora, but it's a park that on the whole has stuck with it's theme and message. Whether people conciously understand that, I don't know but it should matter. It is without question the 3rd best stateside park today.

RobbinsDad

Construction starting by the end of the year.

Unless what delayed it from being announced 2 years ago or something else intervenes.

It would be funny if this is the "secret project" since it really hasn't been a secret.
That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking. Although it’s possible they could have 2 pavilions coming, I suppose that could be a double secret secret.

Brad Bishop

Whether one thinks its a good idea for Zootopia to be in DAK or a bad idea, those thoughts have a proper home for it in this thread...

This thread is about something that may come to DAK and if it is Zootopia, how likely. Not whether Zootopia fits... the other thread is for that.

Jus' trying to forestall another debate about that taking over another thread...

That being said, the other thread got started because That Other Site said Zootopia's coming to DAK.

I'd argue that Zootopia, the movie, is kind of forgettable. It has some great scenes and certainly isn't a bad movie. No one talks about Zootopia, though. It's sort of a modern day Robin Hood.

I think it played really well in China which is why China got it.

Moana would make more sense than Zootopia in a "movie people remember" fashion but I don't think that'll happen either.

Realistically:
- it's gotta be an IP of some kind because that's all they do now
- they'd really like to leverage their Fox buyout so what in Fox could they use?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom