Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

Walrus from Paris

Original Poster
Internally, Disney has worried about the third (or fourth:facepalm:) Universal park. This ride is not a knee-jerk reaction to Uni’s prideful announcement a few days ago, but a thought-out plan to continue to bolster up the resort—corporate espionage is golden my friends.

It’s pretty much a go, and barring a Brazil pavilion situation, should be announced this month at D23.

I personally believe it’ll be received as a solid addition to the park, barring the purists.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I mean, maybe. How much do we honestly think they’ll announce for WDW, at an event in CA, though? That said, they have no problem announcing projects at D23 that’ll open in 4 years, and a new ride in DAK by 2023 is not unreasonable.

But this would be (happy) news to me. I am expecting a lot of Epcot news, something about MK for its 50th, and the new DHS ride could easily be announced. They also have projects for California and Paris to announce. The presentation is only so long.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There’s proposals for something next year and something in a few years. Since next year hasn’t begun yet, this could have dropped down the calendar. Or been combined with the few years away project. Or scrapped.

Nothing definite (yet) but there are marks on the wall planner. And money earmarked.

Marc Davis Fan

I still feel like Zootopia is the logical thinking for Disney executives given that Shanghai is getting Zootopia already and the park could seriously use another family friendly ride.

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but...

After Disney put all of that effort into explaining how Pandora fits DAK’s theme of “the intrinsic value of nature,” how can they do such a quick 180 and put in an IP about animals *representing* humans rather than the actual animal world? DAK is the only WDW park with a coherent underlying theme throughout, which is something that helps differentiate Disney from the competition at a particularly important time for doing so. Are they really going to shoot themselves in the foot again?

JustInTime

I mean, maybe. How much do we honestly think they’ll announce for WDW, at an event in CA, though? That said, they have no problem announcing projects at D23 that’ll open in 4 years, and a new ride in DAK by 2023 is not unreasonable.

But this would be (happy) news to me. I am expecting a lot of Epcot news, something about MK for its 50th, and the new DHS ride could easily be announced. They also have projects for California and Paris to announce. The presentation is only so long.
Haven’t they announced every major new WDW attraction at D23 since it launched though?

JustInTime

After Disney put all of that effort into explaining how Pandora fits DAK’s theme of “the intrinsic value of nature,” how can they do such a quick 180 and put in an IP about animals *representing* humans rather than the actual animal world? DAK is the only WDW park with a coherent underlying theme throughout, which is something that helps differentiate Disney from the competition at a particularly important time for doing so. Are they really going to shoot themselves in the foot again?
It works as a separate land at the back of the park. I absolutely think they could angle a new Zootopia land where Nick and Judy are on a mission of conservation. They could easily come up with a story after the events of the first film that puts the rainforest habitat shown in the film in jeopardy and have the land illustrate their steps in saving it. It could rely on South American tones for theming.

“Agents Nick and Judy save the day, and here is how you can too!”

This is WDI and Rhode we are talking about. There are ways.

DisneyOutsider

Look at Epcot and then tell me with a straight face that Zootopia in AK would surprise you...

Personally I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that there's probably at least a 50% chance of this happening. Whatever.. if the attraction(s) are well done I won't raise a stink.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom