New Retro Shirts at Mouse Gear!!

jessfriends

Here is my shirt update, if anyone cares. I was charged for both shirts on Aug 14 and they were packaged on Aug 22. Today I received ONLY the rainbow shirt. I have no idea why the yellow was not with it. When I called yesterday the lady said I should receive THEM today. She did not mention that they were going to be shipped separately. So I will call tomorrow and see what's going on. I love the rainbow shirt and it fits nice. :) It is cool they mail it to you in one of their shopping bags. It looks like I just got back from WDW...too bad I really wasn't there. :(

Brian_WDW74

Yes, I got the last lonely large yellow tee in Mousegear. It was just sitting there in front of more of the white baseball shirts just as Figment82 said! Glad the last one in Mousegear found a good home.

FYI for those still looking: I was at Epcot during the Labor Day weekend and found 7 or so of the large yellow tees on the rack at Mousegear. I bought one and there still may be a few left.

EpcotServo

FYI for those still looking: I was at Epcot during the Labor Day weekend and found 7 or so of the large yellow tees on the rack at Mousegear. I bought one and there still may be a few left.
I actully went to confirm that on Labor Day, and they were already gone!
:eek:

More in my upcoming update!
:wave:

Disneyfan1981

I gotta get my hands on a Yellow Tee. I wonder if this means we'll get some more retro styled apparel from other parks like Magic Kingdom.....with the name change I doubt they'll be retro MGM Studios stuff....:(

Chroniq

Yellow tees were back in stock as of September 1... Our entire trip 8/25 till then they were sold out and then they were back.. I was happy I got one in the middle of that rain storm on Saturday.. Also I have some great pics of river country from bay lake that I might post if anyone cares to see them. Also , I have pictures of Muppet Mobile Lab inside the old communicore hallway that was just redone. It goes into B mode and can't talk when its inside but can move and is controlled by the "local" operator..

jessfriends

I am sorry for the delay in responding, but I finally received my yellow EPCOT shirt last Thursday, so it seems that they had larges if anyone ordered one and was put on back order. I have been busy with school so that is why I did not post right away. The shirt is nice and it does fit big. I could have probably used a medium but it is still nice since it doesn't fit tightly on me. Mabye it will shrink a bit.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Just chiming in, on my recent trek to epcot i wandered through Mousegear and the display was the same as usual, with it appearing to have a decent selection of sizes. I didn't check, but the rack itself was full (in the past it was 1 or 2 shirts infront of another style).

Enigma

Account Suspended
They had all sizes when I was there last week. I bought the yellow Epcot Center shirt and the hat. I want them to make more classic EPCOT CENTER merchandise!

cdatkins

We were in EPCOT on September 5 and 7 and they had lots of the retro shirts in Mouse Gear, though no XL or XXL for the yellow shirts.

Mouse Gear is our favorite store in WDW, by the way.

Has it always been a gift shop or did it used to house exhibits?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If i recall properly, Mousegear was Centorium which was a store that opened with the park. I believe it expanded and absorbed one of the original Communicore areas... cant recall which one, though I do beleive it expanded to the south (toward World Showcase). It was really a sort of lateral move in terms of floor space though, because Centorium had 2 floors, whereas Mousegear removed the second floor for a higher ceiling.

Figment82

Original Poster
whereas Mousegear removed the second floor for a higher ceiling.

That's not entirely true...

Anyway - Mouse Gear used to be the Centorium and the Electronic Forum. The present-day Kids Room is the old Forum theatre - it still retains the round shape. Where Home Decor is located used to be an area where there were computers and information stations and you could access weather information, hidden Mickey's lists, etc. The second floor had an Art of Disney accessible via elevator or stairs.

The floor used to be multi-level, where parts of it would sink down. This was changed to be more ADA-compliant and the floor is now completely level. When the store first opened, there was a character meet and greet located in the back (behind the kids room) but this was discontinued.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom