New Restaurant coming soon to Downtown Disney Area

NoChesterHester

We did a show about restaurants that we'd like to see (Ask NoChesterHester, he loved it). One of the things I wanted was a Burger Bar on property. I was thinking in the American Adventure pavilion, but this is a good option. I've never had their burgers, but I imagine they will be much better than the current burger offerings on property.

I keep trying to get out, and he keeps pulling me back in...

If we 'must' have burgers as the stereotype of American food at our American Pavillion, then this is a nice idea. I just hate the fact that all these countries get identified with their amazing cuisine and we get poorly prepared grey beef burgs.

Mouse Detective

A move that Burger21 sees as a first step in their plan to rapidly expand through franchises. That they plan on several Orlando area locations indicates that they are going for big chain, not a boutique chain in a few markets at a few select locations.

The press release only says that Burger21 is opening in Winter Garden, Dr. Phillips and Lake Buena Vista. Nowhere does it say that it's opening at Downtown Disney. The OP may be implying that but there's a large area along SR 535 that uses Lake Buena Vista for its address.

Wouldn't it be a sad state of affairs if 8Tracks or another former night club becomes a burger joint?

PeoplemoverTTA

The official Burger 21 Twitter account just sent Kevin Yee and others a tweet that says they haven't selected locations yet, but that they are "targeting" LBV and other Orlando-area locations.

Could be they're just moving into Crossroads, but I hope they move into DTD.

jt04

The official Burger 21 Twitter account just sent Kevin Yee and others a tweet that says they haven't selected locations yet, but that they are "targeting" LBV and other Orlando-area locations.

I was wondering when someone would reach this conclusion. My guess they are looking at crossroads also.

Not that a gormet burger place wouldn't be a good addition to DTD. As would many other possibilities. Greek, Thai, a fondue place etc.

lazyboy97o

It makes me wonder if it is possible to get a relatively short lease at Downtown Disney. If the investors in Burger21 were willing to take a bit of a long term view, in might make sense to deal with Disney's (or possibly the immediate area's) high rent as a means of gaining exposure to possible franchisees. Lots of people from throughout the country are in the area.

Not exactly what Downtown Disney needs, but a potentially good move for Burger21.

DisneyWall-E

i would prefer a Five Guys. But this chain doesn't sound bad. Went to a Red Robin once and was not impressed. It wasn't bad but it wasn't as good as the commercials made it out to be. But then again what ever is?

Pitchforkman

i would prefer a Five Guys. But this chain doesn't sound bad. Went to a Red Robin once and was not impressed. It wasn't bad but it wasn't as good as the commercials made it out to be. But then again what ever is?

The fry seasoning at Red Robin is the bomb...that and unlimited fries

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't put places like Red Robin in the same group as specialty shops like these. There are more boutique kind of places out there... well beyond a burger-specialty place like 5 Guys, In-N-Out, Checkers, etc. Red Robin is much more like a Chillis, etc. Then you have almost burger/grill only menus.. like Checkers, 5 Guys, In-N-Out, etc. And then you have these boutique places that offer real high end, specialty burgers or experiences.

There are a lot of smaller chains in these.. we have one called 'The Counter' here.. its pretty good and the variations are almost wacky.

Check out the menu
http://www.thecounterburger.com/menu/

I wouldn't think a place like these would bring DTD down.. I'd be more worried if they could handle the DTD volume!

PalisadesPkteer

I was wondering when someone would reach this conclusion. My guess they are looking at crossroads also.

Not that a gormet burger place wouldn't be a good addition to DTD. As would many other possibilities. Greek, Thai, a fondue place etc.

With all the restaurants in the Crossroads now, would they be successful?

I like 5 Guys also. Went to Red Robin 1 or 2 times. They were pretty good but not great. The 5 Guys food is better. Maybe someone who has been to thie Burger21 restaurant can tell us if the burgers and fries are good or not.

If you get a burger at Pecos Bill's and put on mushrooms etc it is actually pretty good. Is Pecos Bill's the last WDW place you can add all the extra toppings too?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

While this is quite possible there is already a Fudrucker's there that would be direct competition for them. The rent at DTD would surely be higher, but I would think that nearly zero direct competition and an insane amount of foot traffic should more than make up for the higher rent.

kapeman

Can anyone compare/contrast this place with Flip Burger?

It looks to be similar.

If so, I won't be going.

Overpriced and undersized.

Gregoryp73

Maybe it's just the locations by me, but red robin and 5 guys are mediocre at best....I go to WDW to be wowwed...I'm not sure this place would do that. I'd love to go to a place I can't get anywhere but a few select places...Yeah you want it to be affordable, but you want it to be the best of the best....not just some place that would take on a high rent long term lease.

I would think that they could get someone like Hubert Keller to open a place up in DTD. He's already got award winning locations in San Fran and Vegas.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
While this is quite possible there is already a Fudrucker's there that would be direct competition for them. The rent at DTD would surely be higher, but I would think that nearly zero direct competition and an insane amount of foot traffic should more than make up for the higher rent.

Doesn't have to be Crossroads to be in LBV off Disney property, either. There's a bunch of strip malls on 535 and Palm Parkway as well.

Pitchforkman

Maybe it's just the locations by me, but red robin and 5 guys are mediocre at best....I go to WDW to be wowwed...I'm not sure this place would do that. I'd love to go to a place I can't get anywhere but a few select places...Yeah you want it to be affordable, but you want it to be the best of the best....not just some place that would take on a high rent long term lease.

I would think that they could get someone like Hubert Keller to open a place up in DTD. He's already got award winning locations in San Fran and Vegas.

There is no way a chef of Hubert Kellers stature would ever open up a place WDW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom