New Restaurant coming soon to Downtown Disney Area

Brian Noble

Advertisement
Wait. Burger bars are still cool? I thought that had come and gone...

wdwmagic

Administrator
I think a specialized burger place has been a sure fire bet for DTD at some point. Something along the lines of Red Robin, 5 Guys, or what you suggest with Burger 21. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

bgraham34

I have never tried Burger 21 but I certainly would if they built it in Downtown Disney. I love 5 Guys and In and Out Burger. Either one I would love to see in DD. But I don't think a Red Robin is a good choice for it.

RSoxNo1

Burger 21

http://www.burger21.com/

Don't shoot the messenger.

I think a specialized burger place has been a sure fire bet for DTD at some point. Something along the lines of Red Robin, 5 Guys, or what you suggest with Burger 21. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

We did a show about restaurants that we'd like to see (Ask NoChesterHester, he loved it). One of the things I wanted was a Burger Bar on property. I was thinking in the American Adventure pavilion, but this is a good option. I've never had their burgers, but I imagine they will be much better than the current burger offerings on property.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
We did a show about restaurants that we'd like to see (Ask NoChesterHester, he loved it). One of the things I wanted was a Burger Bar on property. I was thinking in the American Adventure pavilion, but this is a good option. I've never had their burgers, but I imagine they will be much better than the current burger offerings on property.

I agree, no problem at all with this. Downtown Disney does not need to be 100% operated by Disney. A decent burger in WDW would be nice.

GLaDOS

Chances that this doesn't go in Pleasure Island and the area remains basically untouched since closing?

jmmc

Hmmm... I just read the menu. What are the chances it's open before I go to WDW in early April? ;)

Mickey_777

Never been to a Burger 21 but anyplace that makes a good burger is gonna be successful no matter what.

I always thought a Red Robin with it's colorful atmosphere, theming, family friendliness, and cartoon Robin would be a great fit for DTD myself.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
There have been several threads on these boards discussing where (and whether) you can get a good burger at WDW. So this seems like a no-brainer. I happen to love 5 Guys, but I think a DtD burger joint should be a bit more upscale than 5 Guys's bare bones table n chairs, peanut shells on the floor, 5 menu item atmosphere. Burger 21 looks like it'd be a good fit.

Strangeling

Nice to see that they have a few different choices for veggie burgers, too (I see a portabello, a veggie burger, and a black bean burger as well). Interesting toppings - not bad!

bgraham34

Never been to a Burger 21 but anyplace that makes a good burger is gonna be successful no matter what.

I always thought a Red Robin with it's colorful atmosphere, theming, family friendliness, and cartoon Robin would be a great fit for DTD myself.

Personally I don't think Red Robin is any good. Too greasy in my Opinion. Theming is not terrible but I think they would need to bring it up a notch. But I also think they should have restaurants that are not nationally known, or larger chained restaurants.

Top Bottom