Original Poster
Newly listed refurbs..

Snow White's Scary Adventure: Jan 28 - Feb 15, 2008

Splash Mountain: Jan 1 - Feb 15, 2008

the-reason14

Newly listed refurbs..

Snow White's Scary Adventure: Jan 28 - Feb 15, 2008

Splash Mountain: Jan 1 - Feb 15, 2008

Hmmm, wonder what they could be doing at SW for that long? And I hope that for SplMt, they clean the AA furs and such and just kinda freshen up the paint and everything, the maintenance was slippin last time I was there.

Kman101

Cool. Both are in need of a bit of sprucing up. Sounds like due to the shortness of it that it's just a "check up" and hopefully some fresh coats of paint

LizziePooh

No no no no no no. Please tell me this isn't confirmed yet. Splash Mountain was closed during my trip last January, and I was really looking forward to finally going on it on my trip coming up this January, and now they are closing it again, around the same time as last year?? Boo, Disney. BOOO!!!!!

(Speaking of refurbs, here's a slight thread drift....)

Hey Mousermerf,
Have you heard anymore about RnR's refurb and when it will open again? My trip is coming up quick and I heard some nasty rumor that it was taking longer than expected. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Buzz

LizziePooh

Ok, so I just went to disneyworld.com and saw that it is confirmed. :cry: I am really upset about this. I was very upset when it was closed this past January, and one of the reasons we were going again in January next year is because we "knew" that SM would be open. I mean, why would they have another large rehab so soon after the last one? :hammer: And if SM is in such an awful state that it does need a major rehab, then what was even accomplished during the last one? On this trip we are bringing my aunt's godchildren, who have never been to WDW, and we were really looking forward to taking them on this ride. Ugh. Once again, BOOO DISNEY!!!! :mad: :fork: :brick:

Has anyone else noticed how the water on SM always smells soured? I try to talk my DS into riding it towards the end of our park visit so we don't smell the rest of the day. We haven't been on it since last November. Has the water improved?

Hammer1310

No no no no no no. Please tell me this isn't confirmed yet. Splash Mountain was closed during my trip last January, and I was really looking forward to finally going on it on my trip coming up this January, and now they are closing it again, around the same time as last year?? Boo, Disney. BOOO!!!!!

Same here! They just did a refurb on SM in Jan, is this an admission that they missed as much as everyone on here said they did? I hope the reopening date holds. We're there through the 19th and missed it the last trip.

ToTBellHop

Disneyland has yearly refurbishments...frankly I'm glad Disney World is getting back to this tradition that should have never ended. Sorry it's the same ride as last year and all, but if you go during the off season, expect E-Tickets to be closed. The Haunted Mansion and SSE were closed most of the summer...has Space's refurbishment been delayed again, though? Surely they wouldn't have Space closed along w/ Splash. Wonder when Jungle Cruise will sneak in.

LizziePooh

Disneyland has yearly refurbishments...frankly I'm glad Disney World is getting back to this tradition that should have never ended. Sorry it's the same ride as last year and all, but if you go during the off season, expect E-Tickets to be closed. The Haunted Mansion and SSE were closed most of the summer...has Space's refurbishment been delayed again, though? Surely they wouldn't have Space closed along w/ Splash. Wonder when Jungle Cruise will sneak in.

Oh, I'm definitely aware that E-tickets would be closed during my stay, I'm just baffled that it's the same ride as last time. I was expecting maybe Space Mountain or Test Track or something. Next thing we'll hear is that Rockin Roller Coaster is gonna be down in January (b/c that was closed last January also). Ugh. :hammer:

beefog

Thats horrible my DD4 is finally tall enough to ride splash and It will be closed during our trip Jan 08 :cry: for her. Oh well gues see has to ait till DEC 08 to ride that one.

Lucky

I think splash was down for 4 weeks last January. Six weeks this January means that in a 56 week period it's down for 10 weeks. That seems excessive. I did Splash Mt. six times last week and didn't notice any problems.

For some reason they were soaking people at the beginning of the ride the last 2 days (22nd and 23rd), when it was cloudy and fairly cool. This hadn't happened on the sunny, warm days earlier in the week. I don't know how they decide when to turn that little feature on.

JJHale

Figures - taking DD in January for her 21st birthday. Splash is one of our favorite attractions. I agree that it has been in need of huge amounts of TLC but I just wish they would vary the schedule. 2 out of our last three family trips we have missed Splash Mountain. Oh well ... still lot's more to do!

Chezman1399

That's a little longer than normal for Splash, but it always goes down for a month in January. They do an annual renewal of it every year in January. At least they have for the past 3 or 4 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom