News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

John park hopper

Just think if the medical profession adjusted their rates according to demand ---sorry sir if you wait until April that required surgery would only be 500 bucks but since its the season 1500 bucks for you --yes I'm being sarcastic

Fido Chuckwagon

Those prices are clearly out of touch with reality.
A week in the two bedroom theme park view over Christmas (12/21 - 12/28) is $33,000.... I just priced it out. I may be wrong, but I suspect Disney is not going to sell these rooms out at this price point... or at least, they won't for long. I guess, unlike the Galactic Starcruiser, they will be able to discount when they have to.

James Alucobond

Just think if the medical profession adjusted their rates according to demand ---sorry sir if you wait until April that required surgery would only be 500 bucks but since its the season 1500 bucks for you --yes I'm being sarcastic
I mean, that kind of can happen based on deductible/MOOP progress and when you do things relative to plan renewal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

easyrowrdw

I’ve been giving this project the benefit of the doubt that the final details would pull it all together… after seeing the beige on beige on beige rooms I’ve lost all hope.

The rooms in our Hilton in Honolulu felt more “Polynesian” than this, and that’s a generic Hilton high rise built 50+ years ago.
I will say, the pictures that are posted with the room rates look less beige than what was in the video.

Headboard, Wall art and tub, and Shower are some areas I noticed differences.

I'd still prefer less beige, but I like the appearance of what's in the pictures more than I did when I saw it in the video. The shower looked white or grey with a little blue in the video and it appears black in the pictures. I'm guessing neither is 100% accurate, but I hope the rooms are closer to the pictures than the videos.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
But they have trouble renting VGF at those prices... a lot of trouble. That's why they converted a building to DVC...
I don’t think that’s quite how I’d frame it. If they couldn’t rent most of GF at those prices they would have just lowered them.

The thing was they could fill most of the rooms for those ridiculous prices - but not all of them. So they wanted to keep squeezing all $1000 from the folks who would pay $1000/night. And offloading 15% or whatever it was enabled that.

ToTBellHop

I don’t think that’s quite how I’d frame it. If they couldn’t rent most of GF at those prices they would have just lowered them.

The thing was they could fill most of the rooms for those ridiculous prices - but not all of them. So they wanted to keep squeezing all $1000 from the folks who would pay $1000/night. And offloading 15% or whatever it was enabled that.
Same reason for converting half of Wilderness. The room rates on the hotel side are insane there now!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
As others have noted, these prices are crazy. My wife and I are in our 40s, have no kids and have professional jobs. We live comfortably. But these prices would break the bank for us. Yes, we have the money to spend on them. But not within our budget. I don't know how people pay them!
It’s as much as I’d pay for my family to be in a balcony room on a brand new cruise ship for a week but without the included food or magicians.

Sectorkeeper71

I will say, the pictures that are posted with the room rates look less beige than what was in the video.

Headboard, Wall art and tub, and Shower are some areas I noticed differences.

I'd still prefer less beige, but I like the appearance of what's in the pictures more than I did when I saw it in the video. The shower looked white or grey with a little blue in the video and it appears black in the pictures. I'm guessing neither is 100% accurate, but I hope the rooms are closer to the pictures than the videos.
If we’ve learned anything here in the last week is that Disney isn’t every good at shooting videos. Wouldn’t be shocked if they shot an entire promo video for these rooms and didn’t adjust white balance or something

Ayla

The way I always look at lodging, I am basically never in the place except for when I’m sleeping. When I travel, I am doing activities the entire time.

So I want the most comfy, cleanest, possible choice, at an affordable price.
I agree and to me, the priciest doesn't always mean the most comfortable.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If we’ve learned anything here in the last week is that Disney isn’t every good at shooting videos. Wouldn’t be shocked if they shot an entire promo video for these rooms and didn’t adjust white balance or something

To be fair, Bob’s Budget Cuts affected the new video recording equipment that was going to be ordered. Now they have to shoot video on an old iPhone X until someone can scrape together enough spare change to afford better equipment. Video is cobbled together on an ancient Compaq laptop.

Disney Analyst

The horror 😱

IMG_1760.jpeg

mysto

The Galactic Starcruiser failed because it was too expensive? No it failed because it lacks the bragging rights poly tower has.

At twice the price poly tower will succeed, and deliver another blow to the old poly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom