News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

davis_unoxx

i was not a fan of the pull down beds. slept in it once at ASM, & my back was screaming the next morning & still sore the next day. i’ll assume the quality might be better at a deluxe/dvc resort, but i wouldn’t sleep on 1 of those ever again.
At Disneyland hotel where I was a CM, we had major issues with the new pulldown beds in the VDH tower…

Not comfortable at all, and they weren’t installed right had issues of them fall off the wall wasn’t mounted with long enough screws.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Latest Construction Progress at Disney's Polynesian Villas Island Tower​

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_56266.jpg

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_56261.jpg

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_56268.jpg

More photos at https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/th...-and-bungalows-construction---june-5-2024.htm

Jambo Dad

It’s a shift in Philosophy for sure

It hasn’t caused problems…yet…but this is more slow burn that will reap “rewards” down the road…like their collapsing park strategy stateside.

Sure…people bought “copper creek”…which was an emergency bland repurposing…and they’re sorta buying…sorta…riviera…
But there’s a cumulative effect.

It’s gonna be: “why did I buy the Hilton?”

…but it’s just my theory…I’m never right about the longterm stuff.
Agree with your point- although I really liked Copper Creek - it’s not dull just because it uses earth tones - it is richly detailed. Biggest issue to me with Cooper Creek is that it’s a relative handful of rooms within the Wilderness Lodge.

Does anyone know how far short they are on Riviera goal? That resort is truly terrible - even with skyliner access and some nice details.

Jambo Dad

Agree, a vacation in the past at WDW was all about theme and escaping reality now there is no theme, Disney has made the parks a nightmare I don't want to get up at before 7am to plan my day (did that when I was working ). Stayed at the Poly years ago and it was like being in Polynesia ---the lobby was awesome, the luau was great enterainmentr Disney you have lost your soul IMO
And even when thy went all in with a new theme - like the Comtemporary refresh - it was comically bad.

Last edited:

Jambo Dad

Because that was an overgrown…quite nasty swamp in 1965…they had to terraform everything built…so they needed to use the space as cost efficiently as possible?
Also - a the time the complex that opened in 1971 was really the limit of space that was planned by Walt to be a “theme park”, and why it’s up north by itself. The theme park was just a way to pay for EPCOT.

lentesta

Premium Member

DCLcruiser

Latest Construction Progress at Disney's Polynesian Villas Island Tower​

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_56266.jpg

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_56261.jpg

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_56268.jpg

More photos at https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/th...-and-bungalows-construction---june-5-2024.htm
Looks like a hotel off the highway with a Benihana restaurant next door.

(I very much enjoy hibachi/teppanyaki restaurants).

Vegas Disney Fan

I’ve been giving this project the benefit of the doubt that the final details would pull it all together… after seeing the beige on beige on beige rooms I’ve lost all hope.

The rooms in our Hilton in Honolulu felt more “Polynesian” than this, and that’s a generic Hilton high rise built 50+ years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom